Switch from post-paid to pre-paid and retain number

Epee

Master Member
Reaction score
Is this possible? I want the to keep the number but don't want to pay Singtel $20 (Classic Plan) every month for very minimal usage.

ussr_1991

Banned
Reaction score

Epee

Master Member
Reaction score

iphone4export

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all of them can only do pre-to-pre, post-to-post or pre-to-post. There's no mention of post-to-pre :(

I asked m1 counter a couple of time regarding porting pre to post, they said cannot. I ask ard 2 years ago. Any different now?

Epee

Master Member
Reaction score
I asked m1 counter a couple of time regarding porting pre to post, they said cannot. I ask ard 2 years ago. Any different now?

You can do pre to post now. Except not within the same provider. That's how I interpret from the FAQ pages.

But there's no mention of post-to-pre...

macburger09

Reaction score
Is this possible? I want the to keep the number but don't want to pay Singtel $20 (Classic Plan) every month for very minimal usage.
Hi,
have u tried asking M1? I also want to convert ST postpaid to M1 prepaid...

ussr_1991

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all of them can only do pre-to-pre, post-to-post or pre-to-post. There's no mention of post-to-pre :(

Thanks for pointing out. I thought all wrote the "Full Number Portability" stuffs, which logically means all kinds of combination, post to post (Switch telco), pre to post X2, post to pre X2, pre to pre (Switch Telco).

X2 denotes either from Telco A to B or within the same Telco.

Epee

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
have u tried asking M1? I also want to convert ST postpaid to M1 prepaid...

Actually I don't want to port to M1. Too many M1 lines, single point of failure :p I want to stick with ST, retain the number but pay like $10 every 3 months(?) instead as a pre-paid customer :p

In the past, I can still buy decent phones with Classic plan. I could have sold the phones and 'subsidized' the plan. Now they are pushing me to all the stupid 3G/4G plans...

I guess I will really have to call them up (can never get through) or drop by Hello Shop (forever long queue!). :(

ussr_1991

Banned
Reaction score
Actually I don't want to port to M1. Too many M1 lines, single point of failure :p I want to stick with ST, retain the number but pay like $10 every 3 months(?) instead as a pre-paid customer :p

In the past, I can still buy decent phones with Classic plan. I could have sold the phones and 'subsidized' the plan. Now they are pushing me to all the stupid 3G/4G plans...

I guess I will really have to call them up (can never get through) or drop by Hello Shop (forever long queue!). :(

I thought now ST also down in the sense and I have yet to heard a fire outbreak in Starhub's facilities? Might be better if it is a Singtel-free intelligent household. :D

So want to avoid Single point of failure, go Starhub lor? :p

macburger09

Reaction score

Ya exactly ! haven manage to call them as well... anyone out there tried? can share ?

Spirax

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From Jul 2013, can go from prepaid to postpaid. :o

But still cannot go from postpaid to prepaid. :eek:

howdidoo

Reaction score
I called Singtel to check on this.. Even after paying a penalty fee, they will not permit the Postpaid to Prepaid migration. All other combinations are possible (pre-pre, pre-post, ~cross carrier)

Yo2020

Master Member
Reaction score
I called Singtel to check on this.. Even after paying a penalty fee, they will not permit the Postpaid to Prepaid migration. All other combinations are possible (pre-pre, pre-post, ~cross carrier)
what was the given reason?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know from apr1 starhub can change prepaid card and retain same number $26.75

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.