Microsoft Surface

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
Any1 bought from us through cgw?

Thinking of doing so..
Waiting for sg one to come also will chop carrot same price as import from us..

Thinking of 8gb/256gb but really is quite wallet burning :(

i'm aiming the same config too.
i suspect this config will be most in demand.

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
Any1 bought from us through cgw?

Thinking of doing so..
Waiting for sg one to come also will chop carrot same price as import from us..

Thinking of 8gb/256gb but really is quite wallet burning :(

A bro came by my shop today, he bought from open surface at $1700++ i think it's quite a good deal as it really look premium and somemore he is a student.. . Maybe u can try taking a look there before getting from cgw.

Last edited:

Aw2006

Reaction score
Swiping towards the right or the backpage icon does not always get me to the backpage. Sometimes jump a few page back, sometimes even log me out of the forum. Had to re-login again. Anyone has this frustrating problem? Or is just my set.

On windows RT 8.1 first generation.

myahaya

Reaction score
Go to the desktop IE, set compatibility view for that website. It's the website's incompatibility with the new IE, hardwarezone.com included.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where is rmvb support?? been more than a year since RT is released....

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
how i wished the pro 2 had become thinner and lighter.
in its present form, its more of an ultra ultrabook than a tablet.

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
selling 2 pieces of screen protector at 5sgd each, includes normal mail delivery. pm me if interested, thanks.

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
found the info regarding the battery life. sounds very promising. after update, from 7hrs33min increased to 8hrs51mins. if paired with the power cover, i think it will be the best battery life among ultrabook.

Surface Pro 2 battery life improves by almost 20 percent after firmware update | The Verge

Microsoft promised a 75 percent increase in battery life for Surface Pro 2 over the original, and the company delivered. In our review we noted that the Surface Pro 2 lasted 7 hours, 33 minutes on the Verge Battery Test, which cycles through a series of websites and high-res images with screen brightness set to 65 percent. Anandtech has discovered that a recently released Surface Pro 2 firmware update has pushed the battery life even further.

In our own Verge Battery Test we can confirm that the battery life on the Surface Pro 2 has increased to 8 hours, 51 minutes following the firmware update, an almost 20 percent increase. Anandtech notes that the improvements appear to be related to a change that lets the Marvell Wi-Fi chipset use less power. The improvements are impressive and help improve the viability of using the device all day as a tablet or a laptop. Microsoft’s Surface 2 tablet, running on Windows RT 8.1, has not received similar battery improvements in its firmware update, meaning the Pro 2 outpaces the ARM-based model on battery life.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, does microsoft surface have international warranty ? And is it still kinda too obsolete to get the first gen surface pro ?

ccccccc

Reaction score
Already been using surface pro 2 for one week which was bought from the opensurface(256GB/8GB). If you need to carry it around often, maybe you wont prefer this as it's quite bulky. The applications are running smooth and it's a very nice experience to use windows 8.1 with surface especially the snapview.

I havent install any games yet for the desktop version but i think it wont be a problem. I have tried the games from the app store like the ARPG Soulcraft and it's running smooth. For average, the surface can lasts for 6 hours per full charge.

As for rmvb files, maybe you can try the vlc player? I'm not sure whether it works or not.

According to the opensurface, the warranty for surface 2 in Singapore would only valid when it's launch here..

All in all, i am quite happy with this product despite of the weight and the pricey :s8:

Last edited:

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for the update.
i think i'll wait for the official release....problem is...there's not even a tiny news/rumour of the date.

Aw2006

Reaction score
Go to the desktop IE, set compatibility view for that website. It's the website's incompatibility with the new IE, hardwarezone.com included.
You are brilliant. Better than Microsoft engineers. They are still mute on my problem. But you solve it. Now only find tegra 3 about abit lagging on web browsing and extremely slow on PowerPoint video conversion. Think surface 2 tegra 4will be much faster

ccccccc

Reaction score
lol... if based on the launch of first generation of surface, Challenger only brought it into SG after 5-6 months....i'm not sure about this 2nd gen though :(

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
haha..hoping and waiting till maybe Jan. If till then still no news then I'll get from open surface or someone else.

Reaction score
Already been using surface pro 2 for one week which was bought from the opensurface(256GB/8GB). If you need to carry it around often, maybe you wont prefer this as it's quite bulky. The applications are running smooth and it's a very nice experience to use windows 8.1 with surface especially the snapview.

I havent install any games yet for the desktop version but i think it wont be a problem. I have tried the games from the app store like the ARPG Soulcraft and it's running smooth. For average, the surface can lasts for 6 hours per full charge.

As for rmvb files, maybe you can try the vlc player? I'm not sure whether it works or not.

According to the opensurface, the warranty for surface 2 in Singapore would only valid when it's launch here..

All in all, i am quite happy with this product despite of the weight and the pricey :s8:

Thanks for this.
Have you had a chance to update the firmware and was the battery life increase noticeable?
Cheers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.