The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetiaC

Reaction score
My wife bought me the Osis molding paste. I tried a pea amount on my hair like no effect leh?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually no matter what u apply, getting caught in a rain will screw it up

Haha not true. If its drizzling, I think without hair spray better. Haha. Because water will add weight to the added weight of hairspray.

But if downpour, what also cannot help la. haha :s13:

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Met the yandao kia leejhong. From far, I could feel his handsome aura and immediately waved to him.

Bought the pote shampoo and pp spray. ***** love the hand sewn pouch by jh's mum. Can feel the motherly love in it.

Being an organic shampoo, dun expect damn good smell like kanebo shampoo. However, after a long day out wif hdf quicksand, it cleanses my scalp and hair easily and thoroughly.

After washing and drying my hair, it's so silky smooth and hell yeah!!! I feel that it kinda of moisturises my hair as well.

Giving review for kanebo conditioner and pp spray next week.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The kanebo shampoo is good for oily scalp?

Replied you through pm already, bro! But for sharing, yes kanebo shampoo is definitely suitable for oily scalp. It helps to remove and control the excess oils in the hair as well as rid itchiness in the scalp too. Main selling point is that it moisturizes very well for the hair so u wont feel the typical dryness, unlike deep cleansing shampoos. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife bought me the Osis molding paste. I tried a pea amount on my hair like no effect leh?

Molding paste comes with very weak hold. Its not meant to be used independently. Instead, its more of shaping and texturizing. Perhaps, you can use it together with another stronger styling product to achieve better hold as well as texture control. Anyway, if i am not wrong, i dont remember any of OSIS styling products come with supreme holding strength though.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Met the yandao kia leejhong. From far, I could feel his handsome aura and immediately waved to him.

Bought the pote shampoo and pp spray. ***** love the hand sewn pouch by jh's mum. Can feel the motherly love in it.

Being an organic shampoo, dun expect damn good smell like kanebo shampoo. However, after a long day out wif hdf quicksand, it cleanses my scalp and hair easily and thoroughly.

After washing and drying my hair, it's so silky smooth and hell yeah!!! I feel that it kinda of moisturises my hair as well.

Giving review for kanebo conditioner and pp spray next week.

Thanks for ur kind words bro and awesome review! Looking forward to your next reviews too. To add on, personally i feel that pote moisturizes better than kanebo which really makes my hair very soft. However, the smell is actually nowhere near to kanebo though. But of course, there will be people who finds it more fragrant than kanebo (e.g. gaoxing). Will be trying to bring this in more quantities next year to share with more of you guys here. :)

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

its wonderful for out-of-bed look or disheveled style but kinda crap for the quiff styles that you like IIRC. I'm still using it every now and then! it gives the wispish natural-ish look without being too heavy!

actually, how good a product is depends on the kind of style you are trying to do with it.

Last edited:

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha not true. If its drizzling, I think without hair spray better. Haha. Because water will add weight to the added weight of hairspray.

But if downpour, what also cannot help la. haha :s13:

water will dilute any products, u stay under light rain long enough, everything also washed off :s22:

now singapore every afternoon rain....bring an umbrella guys!

prozaizxc

Reaction score
Will the kanebo shampoo keep my hair straight? cos i used a hair thickening shampoo (bought from a salon and not ntuc those type) and it made my hair extremely frizzy and curly. I changed to a l'oreal shampoo from ntuc and it manages to keep my hair less frizzy and a little straighter now. However, it is quite weak as it cannot properly wash off GD and I'm scared its lousy quality will cause hair fall, etc. Is pote or kanebo better at keeping my hair less frizzy and straighter? And whats the damage for both?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will the kanebo shampoo keep my hair straight? cos i used a hair thickening shampoo (bought from a salon and not ntuc those type) and it made my hair extremely frizzy and curly. I changed to a l'oreal shampoo from ntuc and it manages to keep my hair less frizzy and a little straighter now. However, it is quite weak as it cannot properly wash off GD and I'm scared its lousy quality will cause hair fall, etc. Is pote or kanebo better at keeping my hair less frizzy and straighter? And whats the damage for both?

Frizzy i can understand but curly? What shampoo will make your hair curly? Coz if like that, people dont have to go perming already. Assuming that its frizzy that you are referring to, the shampoo might be too dry for your hair. U need a shampoo that moisturizes your hair more. This is because when there is adequate moisture in the hair, the hair strands will not be dry and hence, no more frizzy hair at all. Pair it off with a conditioner if you want your hair to be even further moisturized. In some cases, some use conditioner to have added weight to their hair so that it looks more bunched up and not divided and haywired.

I can't guarantee that kanebo will be definitely meet all of your expectations but in terms of providing hair moisture and getting rid of impurities (e.g. styling products; GD is definitely okay as its very washable already), kanebo did well for me and as honest as it seems, it did well for most of the responses that i collected so far.

Kanebo acidic shampoo costs $35.90 while Pote is currently unavailable. Pote's pricing is to be confirmed when stocks are here next year or so. :)

KANEBO LISSAGE VOGNE ACIDIC SHAMPOO 800ML (pH 5.5) - ThePrettyJerk

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope you have something planned out for Christmas. ;)

I am in the midst of preparing for a Christmas promotion. Perhaps something nice and sweet that you guys can buy and give it as a pleasant xmas gift for your loved ones. :D

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am in the midst of preparing for a Christmas promotion. Perhaps something nice and sweet that you guys can buy and give it as a pleasant xmas gift for your loved ones. :D

I either intend to buy for her 1 year supply of lense or her perfumes. Will seem cheapo or not arh? :sad:

PetiaC

Reaction score
Wah lau the Osis range all so expensive and little hold. Tmr I try with sss + molding + hairspray see how the effect

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah lau the Osis range all so expensive and little hold. Tmr I try with sss + molding + hairspray see how the effect

Never tried Osis clay or wax range though. The strongest to me is their spray but see video, their Dust It hold like quite strong also.

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Sorry guys, need do some Men's Bazaar updates: :s11:

Hanz de Fuko modify pomade, hybridized wax out of stock.

Hanz de Fuko claymation left <20 around there, never do stock count.

Hanz de Fuko quicksand available for backorder since many requested.

Hanz de Fuko sponge wax left 3 jug.

All product except Claymation will be restock this coming friday. I mass spam supplier email liao:D

Imperial Classic Pomade left 3 jug

Imperial Fiber Pomade left 7 jug

Thanks you very much! Enjoy your last few hours of weekend before the start of the hell week folks! :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never tried Osis clay or wax range though. The strongest to me is their spray but see video, their Dust It hold like quite strong also.

Dust It the hold is good but considering that its powder, its kinda expected of it too. But the thing about dust it is that it can be pretty hard to wash off which tends to be a major minus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.