Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah i have not been using that airport for many years. see whether got any 7/11 or their local convenience store there. simcard come in all sizes but subject to stock availability. not sure whether they have telco counters at dmk. anybody can help?

Thanks for the info! Does anyone know where I can get this simcard in nano size at DMK?

Last edited:

Beno777

Reaction score
Telco counters located at the arrival area. As for nano sim, really subject on availability. If the counter out of stock, you may try your luck at the 7-11 store one level above.

holidayforever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bkk airport got sell happy tourist sim card?

Yes, at the arrival level, u can c a few counters, DTAC is the one selling happy tourist sim card @ 299 Baht, it is near to a escalator, the staff can speak english, dun need to do anything, just pay and put the sim card in, wait for a while, then can use the 3G/call/sms alrdy... They will send reminder sms but it is in Thai so dun bother...

1st 1GB is very fast, then after that is slower but still ok and better than Singapore's 3G speed

blue00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to dial back to sg, do i key in as normal ? or must add '65' in front?

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jin song. i one shot top 1k thb now balance valid till 29 Jul 2014. can slowly use and top anytime at my convenience.

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
The dTac counter is super crowded when I went there, just went straight to the counter and told salesperson 1x 7days data @ THB299 then paid and left.

maleman

Reaction score
Heard from others on another travel forum that TrueMove not bad.
Once card inserted, you can activate the free 2GB internet by pressing *850# then send. You will receive an SMS later with a Welcome package URL. Just click on the URL and it should work. Once activated it is valid for a month.
Promotion start from Aug - end Oct

I wonder if they still give out the free sim cards in airport. :?

Saw a youtube demo done at Siam Paragon and Central World,
DTAC speed was the slowest, TRUEMOVE was the fastest.

Anyone here used TRUEMOVE before?

Last edited:

Gennosuke

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw a youtube demo done at Siam Paragon and Central World,
DTAC speed was the slowest, TRUEMOVE was the fastest.

Anyone here used TRUEMOVE before?

Using true move 3G SIM card. Price is $299 thb for 7 day unlimited access. Booth is just infront the arrival hall. Got few chio bu staff. quite crowded.

blue00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using true move 3G SIM card. Price is $299 thb for 7 day unlimited access. Booth is just infront the arrival hall. Got few chio bu staff. quite crowded.

is it good?

anyone knows if i get 2 sim card for me n friend, in case we need to call each other in thailand, how does it work?

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway any 7-11 can also buy pre-paid sim card with the 299 baht happy tourist..

torrent06

Reaction score
Footnote states the card expires in 7 days after activation and previous bro said it's for 7 days. You can always verify before purchase at the booth.

torrent06

Reaction score
It seems to me the 299 baht value pack is based on the starter pack so both can be used for 7 days except that the data bundle for the latter is capped at 90 mb so excess data will be charged at 1 baht/mb.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.