The Wallet Thread

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get the blue BV wallet earlier.this year.but was out of stock at all italy BV stores.... lucky you

really ah.. cos when i walked in the SA told me the blue just came, first look quite like it but i thot the black look cfm last longer cos classic mah, so took the black first. it was like buying seiko sumo that time also deciding between blue/black. after 10mins arghh went in back to change to blue. :o

yday went orchard to take a walk, yah cant find this blue also.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of hooting a Ferragamo wallet. Right now, I'm using one from Obbi Good Label.

too bad they no haf the wallet with the metal logo, i quite like their woman's wallet with big big ferragamo metal logo lol...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
really ah.. cos when i walked in the SA told me the blue just came, first look quite like it but i thot the black look cfm last longer cos classic mah, so took the black first. it was like buying seiko sumo that time also deciding between blue/black. after 10mins arghh went in back to change to blue. :o

yday went orchard to take a walk, yah cant find this blue also.

iirc, this shade of blue was for summer 2013. because Prada and Burberry also released a similar shade of blue for their male wallet. and coincidentally, the logo for both brands were metal.
and surprisingly for Prada and Burberry, this shade of blue was also sold out worldwide within weeks...

many people in purseforum are looking for this shade of blue.for BV male wallet

when I cant get the blue...I went for two-tone instead and a unusual combo...brown+soft purple, never regret it, cuz till now I haven't bump another guy with the same BV as me.

I be honest with you... many BV lovers will adore your wallet ^.^ and I'm one of them...even thou I already have one lolx

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanna hoot a ketupat too. :( :( :(

get one thru those MO... not REALLY that ex tbh... I got mine for only $550...if in SG, it will easily set me back by another $300-400 :(
Bgb8Ynz.jpg

The wallet I bought thru MO this year May.

for BV...one thing to take note is the skin. for basic male intercciato wallets, there are two types:
- lamb skin (nappa)
- calf skin

BV nappa wallets are generally lighter in weight and softer in build. the colour shading is also softer.
it feels soft when you gently slide your fingers over the surface.

BV Calf leather wallets are slightly heavier and sturdier in build calf leather is thicker, therefore the wallet is more difficult to bend compared to nappa leather. colour shading will tend to be stronger and more striking than nappa leather.
it feels slightly rougher when you slide your fingers over the surface.

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
too bad they no haf the wallet with the metal logo, i quite like their woman's wallet with big big ferragamo metal logo lol...

same :) for male ferragamo wallets... their pebbled leather bi-fold is not bad. be it mustard or ultra marine colour.
477647_00.png

477647 -CODE 667067
Billfold
in embossed calfskin

556846_00.png

can consider this as well
556846 -CODE 669572
Bifold wallet
in smooth calfskin

515924_00.png

For guys who need alot of card slots...
515924 -CODE 669298
Billfold
in Gancio embossed calfskin

Last edited:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey bro Henabi, thanks for the info!
Forkin' gian to hoot one ketupat too. Knn. :(

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i think if u join the MO and forgo the VAT its still cheaper than local. its abt $520 vs local $680. colors varies countries to countries i think, the red is not bad also.. but dunno can a man carry off that color anot.

if not i see alot of people sweeping mcm wallets in hongkong also, that brand is doing a mini revival man...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Go for it =)

before i settled for BV, i was looking at several brands. Prada, Burberry, LV, Gucci, Bally, AD. and I even went to the extend to do in-depth research about each brand, the feedback by users and the durability of their wallets.

Plus, BV design is not as loud as other brands like LV or Gucci, whereby the logos are imprinted all over the wallet (except for certain models...) only people who sees it, knows it. General public won't give it a 2nd or 3rd or 4th look. tested and proven when I went to countries like Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia.

i think if u join the MO and forgo the VAT its still cheaper than local. its abt $520 vs local $680. colors varies countries to countries i think, the red is not bad also.. but dunno can a man carry off that color anot.

if not i see alot of people sweeping mcm wallets in hongkong also, that brand is doing a mini revival man...

BV has a few shades of red. tbh, its best to head down to a BV boutique and personally see the colours by your own eyes. I totally do not trust the colour contrast in the BV website.

Here are some of the designs in red:
bottega-veneta-indigo-blue-woven-leather-wallet-product-1-4237101-781024619_large_flex.jpeg

bottega-veneta-brique-brique-intrecciato-vn-wallet-product-2-11250636-416476271_large_flex.jpeg

bottega-veneta-red-intrecciato-wallet-product-2-14754537-517051966_large_flex.jpeg

478203d1380793556-brand-new-bottega-veneta-bv-intreccitao-vn-wallet-edoardo-brown-moneyclip-red-dsc_0008.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

tbh, MCM is only big in Asia Pacific countries like HK and China. In europe, Australia and US, they are not that popular.

The only reason why we see so many asians sporting MCM bags is K-POP. don't forget that MCM is a Korean company, i am sure they must have spent millions and millions of dollars on getting those K-pop celebrities and K-dramas to endorse their products.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go for it =)

before i settled for BV, i was looking at several brands. Prada, Burberry, LV, Gucci, Bally, AD. and I even went to the extend to do in-depth research about each brand, the feedback by users and the durability of their wallets.

Plus, BV design is not as loud as other brands like LV or Gucci, whereby the logos are imprinted all over the wallet (except for certain models...) only people who sees it, knows it. General public won't give it a 2nd or 3rd or 4th look. tested and proven when I went to countries like Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia.

BV has a few shades of red. tbh, its best to head down to a BV boutique and personally see the colours by your own eyes. I totally do not trust the colour contrast in the BV website.

Here are some of the designs in red:
bottega-veneta-indigo-blue-woven-leather-wallet-product-1-4237101-781024619_large_flex.jpeg

bottega-veneta-brique-brique-intrecciato-vn-wallet-product-2-11250636-416476271_large_flex.jpeg

bottega-veneta-red-intrecciato-wallet-product-2-14754537-517051966_large_flex.jpeg

478203d1380793556-brand-new-bottega-veneta-bv-intreccitao-vn-wallet-edoardo-brown-moneyclip-red-dsc_0008.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

tbh, MCM is only big in Asia Pacific countries like HK and China. In europe, Australia and US, they are not that popular.

The only reason why we see so many asians sporting MCM bags is K-POP. don't forget that MCM is a Korean company, i am sure they must have spent millions and millions of dollars on getting those K-pop celebrities and K-dramas to endorse their products.

i see, no wonder so many tiongs sweeping that brand. u're right bro, the website colors for BV and the real color really lot of difference. shld head down to have a look/feel. i feel the best place to shop and look/see for branded is at dfs scotts, better service than AD.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see, no wonder so many tiongs sweeping that brand. u're right bro, the website colors for BV and the real color really lot of difference. shld head down to have a look/feel. i feel the best place to shop and look/see for branded is at dfs scotts, better service than AD.

seriously... I DON'T understand what's so great about MCM. although they have been around for nearly 40 years (37 yrs exact) but they do not have a signature design, which people can easily relate to.

like LV is to speedy, neverfull, Alma, Noe. Prada is to Saffiano. Chanel is to lambskin flip handbag. Hermes is to Birkin and Kelly.

-----------------------------------

DFS orchard is a good place for BV wallets. I can't say much about other brands though...

added info if you like good service with branded boutiques

Prada:
Recommend Prada @ Paragon. So far best service. Next is Prada @ MBS.
Blacklist: Prada @ ION. The filipino SA there are so suck up. one of them even kena one-time good one by me

LV:
Recommend: Taka
Blacklist: LV boutique at MBS when there wasn't much people a few months back around July. wanted to buy a LV wallet for my dad, because he lost his.
The SA who served me although was a local Singaporean, but he didn't really wanna strike a conversation with me, and gave me that "suck up" feeling. in the end, walked out and bought the LV wallet from Taka instead.

Burberry:
Paragon & MBS
- I had a great time in Burberry Paragon when I was there to buy a bag for my mum's birthday this year. The female SA was very friendly and more importantly, she was paying alot of attention to details, like my mum's skin colour, what clothing she usually wear, her height etc.
- MBS was when I wanted to buy a Burberry polo t-shirt for my younger sister because she just got promoted. great service too =)

Mont Blanc:
Taka

Gucci:
Paragon & MBS

Ferragamo:
MBS

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any suggestions for a messenger? looking at a smaller lv district PM now.. but all is based on photos, yet to feel or see the real thing..

or any other brands to recommend? :D

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any suggestions for a messenger? looking at a smaller lv district PM now.. but all is based on photos, yet to feel or see the real thing..

or any other brands to recommend? :D

Sa la thread la bro =P i think there is a messenger bag thread here :D

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no messenger thread leh but nvm i try asking in lv forum. wah not bad ah u went many diff places to get your loots, so far dint go mbs side to look see yet, dint even go their LV also since they opened.. experience wasnt good ah? i met quite a young male SA at dfs scotts yesterday, not too bad.. entertained us quite abit. not so friendly at the prada side though. and dont really like to go in ion shops to look/see, some like ai mai ai mai to serve one.

generally the people at dfs scotts at lv, bv, gucci is quite ok, quite friendly.

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no messenger thread leh but nvm i try asking in lv forum. wah not bad ah u went many diff places to get your loots, so far dint go mbs side to look see yet, dint even go their LV also since they opened.. experience wasnt good ah? i met quite a young male SA at dfs scotts yesterday, not too bad.. entertained us quite abit. not so friendly at the prada side though. and dont really like to go in ion shops to look/see, some like ai mai ai mai to serve one.

generally the people at dfs scotts at lv, bv, gucci is quite ok, quite friendly.

paiseh... its called the "Casual Bag thread"

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/casual-bag-thread-2777024.html

i usually don't visit luxury brand boutiques unless got special occasion. just so happen that this year got alot of special events :s22:
- my wife and me 6 yrs anni
- my parents 30 yrs wedding anni
- my dad lost his wallet
- my mum 55 yo bday
- my younger sis got a big promotion

tbh, when so many occasions all come one after another... my wallet REALLY burn one BIG BIG hole...

i like to service crew at DFS. Very friendly. Attitude is Professional+Casual type. Can chit chat, can joke.

------------------------------------------

this aside... Just saw a few good deals in AMAZON.COM

1) Montblanc Meisterstuck 6 Credit Card Wallet
Amazon.com: Montblanc Meisterstuck 6 Credit Card Wallet: Clothing
USD$280.
Pricing in SG Boutique is about $500

2) Gucci Canvas bi-fold Wallet
Amazon.com: Gucci Purse / Wallet (M-07-Po-29507) - One Size - beige: Clothing
USD$270
Pricing in SG Boutique is about $680

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fug...looks like ketupat is a must-have item for me already.
Damn fuggin' gian tio nao

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fug...looks like ketupat is a must-have item for me already.
Damn fuggin' gian tio nao

lolx... then go get it :)
besides calf n nappa, there are exotic range using lizard, gator, stingray, ostrich skin.

single cash slot n double cash slot
4cc+coin pouch or 8cc
continental, bi fold or tri fold

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.