Transferring shares from CDP to SCB

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
Just did a share transfer at a SCB branch last week. Quite a few forms to fill up including details such as stock ISIN and counterparty details. The RM who helped me seems like buay zhai (i.e. no confident)... anyone knows exactly what will happen subsequently? specifically the following questions i have on my mind:
- how many days for shares to be fully transferred
- how is CDP going to charge me $10.70 per share transferred?
- will SCB notify me once the transfer is completed?

basically, the RM couldnt answer my questions, but i still went ahead to sign the share transfer form. Any help would be much appreciate! :s12:

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did a share transfer at a SCB branch last week. Quite a few forms to fill up including details such as stock ISIN and counterparty details. The RM who helped me seems like buay zhai (i.e. no confident)... anyone knows exactly what will happen subsequently? specifically the following questions i have on my mind:
- how many days for shares to be fully transferred
- how is CDP going to charge me $10.70 per share transferred?
- will SCB notify me once the transfer is completed?

basically, the RM couldnt answer my questions, but i still went ahead to sign the share transfer form. Any help would be much appreciate! :s12:

Answering to your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. Transfer time frame varies between 2 to 3 weeks. But please be prepared for occasional "hicups" example: rejection from CDP side pertaining to signature irregularities...

2. Transfer from CDP to SCB is "free". The admin fee is absorbed by SCB from what i heard. Anyone please do correct me if i am wrong in this. (regards to SCB absorbing the fee)

3. Once the shares are successfully transferred, you will be notified by post, both from CDP and SCB side.

Hope these information help to clarify any doubts you have.

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
ya, kind of expecting some hiccups from CDP side. anyway, thanks for your help!

bllimus

Reaction score
Scb is $0 fee, but CDP will charge you $10.70 per 1000 shares in transfer.

So is better to sell rather than transfer.

Imagine you have 200,000 shares at $0.10. How much to pay? Again, I remember there is cap of transfer fees, but forget how much...

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a transfer application request raised on the 12 OCt.

Has been ding donging between CDP and SCB and reason being signature irregularities... approximately 3 times i have re-signed the form.

Called CDP and gave them a piece of my mind and till today still no updates.

Personally i think due to the influx of requests from SCB for shares transfer, CDP has came out with this "delay technique".

Anyone facing the same problem?

imaraq1

Reaction score

Has been ding donging between CDP and SCB and reason being signature irregularities... approximately 3 times i have re-signed the form.

Personally i think due to the influx of requests from SCB for shares transfer, CDP has came out with this "delay technique".

you can go to CDP and change signature there just in case the last time you opened the account your signature has morphed :s13:. that's what happened to me and I changed at CDP and everything was resolved pretty quickly after that.

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can go to CDP and change signature there just in case the last time you opened the account your signature has morphed :s13:. that's what happened to me and I changed at CDP and everything was resolved pretty quickly after that.

Hi Imara,

Thanks for the advice :)

But i did not face this problem on my initial 3 transfers.

Only recently did i start to face this hindrance from CDP side.

Nevertheless, i will continue to bug them and see how long it will take for this transfer to go through.

Thanks again!

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
mine took 4 days from CDP to SCB and it's free... not sure how come the $10.70 kick in...
only 2 forms to fill lahz.. where got many forms?
you will receive a letter from both CDP and SCB on the transfer or otherwise check your SCB trading account

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
whats the pros of transferring from cdp to scb???

My reasons:
- to make use of their "stop loss" function
- take advantage of their lower commissions
- consolidate my share-holdings
- add on/accumulate small quantities to my holdings (i.e. no minimum commission)

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
mine took 4 days from CDP to SCB and it's free... not sure how come the $10.70 kick in...
only 2 forms to fill lahz.. where got many forms?
you will receive a letter from both CDP and SCB on the transfer or otherwise check your SCB trading account

CDP charges $10.70, but SCB absorbs it

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
My reasons:
- to make use of their "stop loss" function
- take advantage of their lower commissions
- consolidate my share-holdings
- add on/accumulate small quantities to my holdings (i.e. no minimum commission)

FYI sgx moving into 100units from 2014 so

fighting

Reaction score
hi all, im trying to transfer my shares from cdp to scb.

heard from scb cso there is no charge on scb side but they are unsure if cdp will charge any fees.

So far i heard 3 version.

1. CDP and SCB no charge

2. CDP charge 10.70 per counter

3. CDP charge 10.70 per 1000 shares

Any bros that have did the transfer can shed some light on this?

SpaceAce

Master Member
Reaction score

I also kenna this. Think they purposely one. Anyone else?

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CDP is very unhappy with this SCB thing, as theres a huge flood of high volume, low value retail investors making them v v busy. i bet they may raise the fees in future?

my attempt from CDP to SCB took 3 weeks, went through at first try tho

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.