The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i realize that GD does not have too rough a texture. I prefer clay which gives the rough effect rather the the slick effect. Maybe try use a bit lesser tomorrow...

anyway, the Kanebo conditioner is AMAZING! my hair was initially a little hard and rigid despite using other conditioners but after trying out the kanebo conditioner 4 days in a row, its amazingly smooth, soft and really nice to the touch. Seriously fantastic product. The smell retains for some time after your hair dries which is really nice. And your hair does feel more healthier as well

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway, the Kanebo conditioner is AMAZING! my hair was initially a little hard and rigid despite using other conditioners but after trying out the kanebo conditioner 4 days in a row, its amazingly smooth, soft and really nice to the touch. Seriously fantastic product. The smell retains for some time after your hair dries which is really nice. And your hair does feel more healthier as well

dude here knows what he's talking about. Fuggin Kanebo shampoo and conditioner = absolute must-have. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my hair length is about medium long and my hair is quite thin. whenever i apply wax, it kind of oily and wont hold. i was looking for a wax that will make my hair look more and natural but wont feel oily after applying it.

you need something real dry.
quicksand or nigelle bold make clay.
maybe even uevo grey.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my os sea salt spray from yandao leejhong finishing soon. any other brands of sea salt spray to intro? need some mousse for certain occasions as well. am considering Schwarzkopf OSiS Hold Miracle Ultra Strong Cream Mousse.

10729929-1361197944-832466.jpg

tohwk

Reaction score
Can someone recommend me what brand of hair clay to use?

My hair is of the short and spiky kind. I want holding power . I've used goldwell's Roughman clay before but couldn't find it no more. Thanks.

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score

was using this previously. or was it 07. I bought it from kobayashi from chio bu purple after seeing how amazing the natural effect was. no stickiness no shine no nothing unlike sea salt spray that has a bit. but a bit expensive. if got cheaper source I don't mind that.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My hair is of the short and spiky kind. I want holding power . I've used goldwell's Roughman clay before but couldn't find it no more. Thanks.

Somebody just got it off a salon. Find online?

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score
Xeonboy bro was also asking me the same question. U can try out Eco SSS which comes with softer hold and less dryness. Its more capable in creating tousled and casual look as compared to OS, due to the aspect that dryness is not as high for Eco. So it looks more natural. On a side note, i will be testing out some mousse in the next month and perhaps by then, i will be able to share some mousse products that perhaps some bros are looking for!

thanks yandao leejhong!

but does it hold well? what i'm doing now is setting up with your os sss then straight away finish up with your ppp hairspray. effects are fantastic but would be better if I can achieve 99.9% matte-ness.

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score

tiagong nigella bold hold something something quite good wor

personally like quicksand and only quicksand due to its matte finish. unless until someone can intro me a matte-er clay/wax... :s12:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i realize that GD does not have too rough a texture. I prefer clay which gives the rough effect rather the the slick effect. Maybe try use a bit lesser tomorrow...

Good review on the kanebo conditioner bro! Will be posting this onto my site soon. Its currently out of stock right now but if any is interested, pls feel free to text or pm anytime to place your reservation for it. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dude here knows what he's talking about. Fuggin Kanebo shampoo and conditioner = absolute must-have. :)

Where is your review on kanebo conditioner, bro! A lot of people do look out for your reviews too actually. :s13:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I highly recommend you to give EBL Forced Finalizing Hair Clay a try. Definitely will suit your criterion that you stated. Pm-ed you already. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks yandao leejhong!

but does it hold well? what i'm doing now is setting up with your os sss then straight away finish up with your ppp hairspray. effects are fantastic but would be better if I can achieve 99.9% matte-ness.

ECO doesnt hold that well as OS because of the difference in terms of holding factor. But to be honest, it holds reasonably well and really gives me a different form of bettered tousled look. However, both SSS are already matte texture and its relatively impossible to see shine unless you didnt blow dry totally or its due to the lighting. I believe mousse should come with slightly more shine than SSS though. PP hair spray also comes with matte finish alr. IMO, you can consider giving 90degs wax or EBL hair clay a try too, if you have the chance. Both are dry styling products and gives a matte texture finish. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.