Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
I'd have expected the toshiba to cost more than starmex...?
Btw, noticed that my toshiba 9k btu fcu is made in Japan, while the 12k fcu is made in Thailand.

terumo

Reaction score
To kun1he2,
Cos the Toshiba is using a 20k btu compressor instead of 27k btu compressor which the Mit is using, hence the cost is around the same despite Toshiba cost is higher.
If u get 27k Toshiba compressor, then Toshiba cost will be higher.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Lvsaint,

You might want To consider the Mitsubishi Electric for your case as it would be easier to do your own cleaning of filters due to the ease of servicibility of the Mitsubishi Electric.

In my opinion regardless of what filters a brand boasts, without proper maintainence and cleaning, eventually it will still lead to asthmatic and sinus issues due to mold, mites, dusts.

Hence most importantly is to get the one that is easily servicable when it comes to washing of filters and other then washing the filters yourself bi-weekly, coupled up with regular servicing by your aircon contractor, the unit will be kept in optimal condition and lessen the chances of asthmatic/sinus attacks due to dirty airconditioning.

Good Luck in finding the system that suits you the most.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi All,

Need help in choosing between Toshiba and Mitsubishi. Price quote is the same at 2950. Both comes with the below mentioned items. Will need something which provides better air quality as family member is asthmatic and sinus prone.

Mitsubishi Starmex sys 3 - 2950
Toshiba Inverter System 3- RAS3M20/ RASM10SKCV x 3 (9k btu x 3) - 2950

Both package includes :
Armaflex 1/2 Inches Class 1 Insulation
G23 Copper Pipe
16mm drainage pvc pipe
Premium Grade Control Wiring

codexboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendations for a good aircon installer using good insulation and reasonable price? MHI system 4 breaking down, just switches off by itself, changed compressor PCB when it was 2 years old, now 6 years old dying again.

considering mitsubishi this time, 5 room hdb with 3 rooms+living room, 3 rooms running every night....and dunno why the master bedroom always suffer from condensation leaking, been like that for the past few systems we installed even before this MHI system.

Joevyis

Reaction score
any recommendations for a good aircon installer using good insulation and reasonable price? MHI system 4 breaking down, just switches off by itself, changed compressor PCB when it was 2 years old, now 6 years old dying again.

considering mitsubishi this time, 5 room hdb with 3 rooms+living room, 3 rooms running every night....and dunno why the master bedroom always suffer from condensation leaking, been like that for the past few systems we installed even before this MHI system.

Should you get troubleshooting first for the unit.

terumo

Reaction score
To kurt_629,

Can u provide more details of ur installation quote?
Does it includes bracket, power point etc...?

kurt_629

Master Member
Reaction score
To kurt_629,

Can u provide more details of ur installation quote?
Does it includes bracket, power point etc...?

i have an offer, panasonic inventor, single system with 1/2” armaflex SWG 23 copper piping, at $850 nett..

consider a good deal?

i did the specs comparison between mitsu and pana, it seem both are well with NEA 4 ticks

mrairc

Reaction score
i have an offer, panasonic inventor, single system with 1/2” armaflex SWG 23 copper piping, at $850 nett..

consider a good deal?

i did the specs comparison between mitsu and pana, it seem both are well with NEA 4 ticks
price reasonable :) remember check with them how long is the workmanship warranty :)

Joevyis

Reaction score

consider a good deal?

Affordable.. Reasonable price. Please check terms and condition.

kurt_629

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, what's the t and c to watch out for?

he just quote me based on phone..
And what's the workmanship warranty...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Lvsaint,

You might want To consider the Mitsubishi Electric for your case as it would be easier to do your own cleaning of filters due to the ease of servicibility of the Mitsubishi Electric.

In my opinion regardless of what filters a brand boasts, without proper maintainence and cleaning, eventually it will still lead to asthmatic and sinus issues due to mold, mites, dusts.

Hence most importantly is to get the one that is easily servicable when it comes to washing of filters and other then washing the filters yourself bi-weekly, coupled up with regular servicing by your aircon contractor, the unit will be kept in optimal condition and lessen the chances of asthmatic/sinus attacks due to dirty airconditioning.

Good Luck in finding the system that suits you the most.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

i have a friend living in Sengkang 4rm HDB...she recommend me to install Mitsubishi industrial air con instead... anyone has experience with this category of air con?

mrairc

Reaction score
i have a friend living in Sengkang 4rm HDB...she recommend me to install Mitsubishi industrial air con instead... anyone has experience with this category of air con?
So fast not much complaint in the Mitsubishi industrial air con :)

marcusie

Reaction score
any bros here install the panasonic inverter sys4 ?? if compare with Mit starmex sys4 which is the better option ??

my air con contractor keep pushing me pana saying pana (2013)is new model whereas Mit starmex is old model (2008) . i have been quote on a $20 difference between these 2 models.i not sure which to choose. any bros here can advise and comments ??

mauiheng

Reaction score
Heard that the best brand for aircon now is Mitsubishi which will last longer than other brands. Second best is Daikin.

Cathrine

Reaction score
I dont know the ranking part, but I had a very good experience with mistibushi. There service and the equipment they have are very nice and effective.

mrairc

Reaction score
any bros here install the panasonic inverter sys4 ?? if compare with Mit starmex sys4 which is the better option ??

my air con contractor keep pushing me pana saying pana (2013)is new model whereas Mit starmex is old model (2008) . i have been quote on a $20 difference between these 2 models.i not sure which to choose. any bros here can advise and comments ??
Coz panasonic got give voucher to the contractor . For Panasonic invertor air con got many complaint at the outdoor P.C.B .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.