Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did vpost provide live quote guarantee?
It's unfavorable asking tthemtto repack, as they refuse to repack once, citing safety reasons. (A 9" laptop sound bar, packed into a size of tv soundbar)

At cgw, if you pay for guarantee and did not buy or bought from another seller link, what happens thereafter?. And if pkg turns out smaller than quoted, then what? Thks.

liburan_natal

Reaction score
Does comgateway refund CGW$ used to pay for a shipment if item arrived damaged?

My previous item arrived damaged and I told them to give me the refund as CGW$ as I still have parcel to send with them. Now the new item also arrived damaged again (sian!)

Traxgen

Reaction score
Trying to buy a watch since there is a massive Black Friday sale over at Amazon now. But the watch cannot be shipped direct, so I'm torn between vpost and CGW (never used Borderlinx before)

Personally I'm leaning towards vPost since the last time I used CGW, they screwed up my order, and I eventually lost the item. Thankfully got a refund since I used Paypal, but that was a horrible experience nonetheless. Granted, it was more than 2 years ago, so I don't know if CGW has cleaned up its operations since then.

Any recommendations between the 2?

xinping

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello hello, quick questions.

i got small items to be buy, probably less than 1kg. i got both citibank and posb cards. for shipping rates wise, i supposed borderlinux is slightly better?

for cost involve, basically i pay amazon for goods, they ship to US address(free), then from there i pay cgw or borderlinux ONLY shipping fee to singapore.

i also understand that fuel surcharge is already included in borderlinux, but cgw did not specify the surcharge as well as insurance cost. any ways i can estimate? my goods probably around 1kg

Last edited:

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
hello hello, quick questions.

i got small items to be buy, probably less than 1kg. i got both citibank and posb cards. for shipping rates wise, i supposed borderlinux is slightly better?

for cost involve, basically i pay amazon for goods, they ship to US address(free), then from there i pay cgw or borderlinux ONLY shipping fee to singapore.

i also understand that fuel surcharge is already included in borderlinux, but cgw did not specify the surcharge as well as insurance cost. any ways i can estimate? my goods probably around 1kg

You could get a 5% discount and free upgrade to express shipping if you used your POSB card for CGW. Fuel surcharge is approx 10% this month and insurance is 0.65%.
Based on most bros here, cgw is slightly cheaper.

You could use this spreadsheet to calculate the approx cost with everything included before discount for CGW: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amy3G6Ew6bpMdFE0dWEwanJBcldYLXVDVkF3NU9PUWc&usp=docslist_api

liburan_natal

Reaction score
Does comgateway refund CGW$ used to pay for a shipment if item arrived damaged?

My previous item arrived damaged and I told them to give me the refund as CGW$ as I still have parcel to send with them. Now the new item also arrived damaged again (sian!)

Sian.. If you have had to have a refund option as CGW$, AVOID it at all cost! Choose a refund as cheque instead. If you use CGW$ for subsequent transaction and something bad happened with that transaction, you can't get your money back!

I feel robbed and extremely pissed! LiveChat agent cannot help with anything with regards to refund "since it is pertaining to the refund department" while communication via email is very slow and the reply from Customer Service Associate changes everyday: yesterday say can get refund back, today say cannot, etc..

xinping

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

maxavier

Reaction score
I am trying to get this portable charger from amazon but they don't ship directly here. This is my first time using this type of service. Can anyone tell me how does it work and which one is the safest and i'll receive my stuff eventually?

jcml10588

Reaction score
does Vpost have a concierge or buy for me service?

I need to use concierge service for a laptop im planning to buy, Should I use comgateway or borderlinx? Please any feed back will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am intending to buy a camera backpack and mail it over via cgw/borderlinx. If I use the seller's direct mailing to Singapore via UPS it is US$58.

It's around 2 kg and quite a big backpack. Is it advisable?And does anyone know what kind of shipping rate I can expect? Is there any difference between cgw and borderlinx?

A.egis

Reaction score
Hi, i am new to cgw and I am going to order boots from some store online. Just to check the fuel cost and insurance cost isit calculated base on the shipping cost or base on my value of good?

joanlee

Reaction score
When I use my borderlinx address, there's tax. Long time back when I used, there's no tax. Is this correct?

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if comgateway offers repacking (eg. repack multiple shipments into 1 single box) to save on volumetric weight? I'm thinking of buying a backpack and a piece of cloth and I think I can save on shipping if this is done. According to the cgw cost calculator shipping for the backpack is around US$40+ and and i combine with another item it will be an additional US$38. I thought the cost for the additional item is excessive.

aster1

Reaction score
Trying to buy a watch since there is a massive Black Friday sale over at Amazon now. But the watch cannot be shipped direct, so I'm torn between vpost and CGW (never used Borderlinx before)

Personally I'm leaning towards vPost since the last time I used CGW, they screwed up my order, and I eventually lost the item. Thankfully got a refund since I used Paypal, but that was a horrible experience nonetheless. Granted, it was more than 2 years ago, so I don't know if CGW has cleaned up its operations since then.

Any recommendations between the 2?

CGW all the way. Vpost is slow and more expensive.

CGW is very reliable and I have never had any issues with packages or goods going missing. As you mentioned this happened over 2 yrs ago and was probably just a case of random, bad luck.

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually how long will it take from US to SG if using CGW express shipping?

I had used CGW before but somehow I don't remember seeing the plane pass through South Korea before. Not really a problem but just curious about it.

kwp6.png

Last edited:

wyverns14

Reaction score
Hi,
anyone knows if the CGW welcome pack promo codes will still work as it states valid for a month only. Mine just expired 2 week ago.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
I want to buy something at GAP online store. Anyone with experience can advise me which company offer the best shipping rate for clothes? Thanks!

Wongwp21

Reaction score
Hi there,

If i purchase an item about 499 USD and ship it back via comgateway, would i be subjected to additional local GST charges before the item can clear customs? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.