Prepaid SIM cards in Thailand

Beno777

Reaction score
Beno korkor. if didi here want stay 2 - 3 weeks how ah!!! :x

basket thinking about sim card i forgot my old thai number. i ended up buying a new happy tourist card on my last trip.

Top up lor, 49 for a day, 199 for one week unlimited however the speed will be super slow after u used up the 1Gb allowance at max speed. Other then that u also can choose to purchase time based or volumn based data to suit your need. Got all this info from dtac site as i need top up now too :)

Last edited:

Beno777

Reaction score
http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

Sorry forgotten how to post link LOL

The above shown all sort of packages available after the initial 7daya

Last edited:

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
Hi check with you guy

Anyone know if there is prepaid sim card that have validity life of 1 year?

My friend always used the same number throughout as he go once per year, so he top up before the card expire. that it!

Who know what the Prepaid card is call?

For DTAC prepaid, call its customer service hotline and ask for this 1-year extension. Cost is minimal. Am sure the other telcos have similar service.

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score
Help needed..

This morning i have 230baht in sim after purchase happy sim card,did not made outgog callls suddenly left only 8.61 baht....

Help,,

Could be some apps on your phone are using up the data (google map gobbles up data big time). Call customer service to check why. Suggest you do an "unlimited" per day or week plan.

blue00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, anyone can recommend which is the most value for money data SIM for a trip of 4 days?

i m at thailand now.

use dtac or true move both okay lah.

i m using dtac while my partner is using true move.

dtac average speed ok n very fast from 5am -8am. :)

blue00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could be some apps on your phone are using up the data (google map gobbles up data big time). Call customer service to check why. Suggest you do an "unlimited" per day or week plan.

if use data, i using 1week unlimited data plan leh...

should not affect right?

anyway i bot another 49bath card for calls n sms.

foc 1 week data plan just use first....

still sad n pek chey abt 230baht become 8 baht when no calls made...

blue00

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, anyone can recommend which is the most value for money data SIM for a trip of 4 days?

another thing to note, best buy from 7-11 or airport.

avoid buy from road side .

setup is easy for my samsung hp.

Beno777

Reaction score

should not affect right?

I dun get wat u meant after reading twice leh, did u top up after u purchased the happy tourist sim card? Otherwise its only has 100 bahts credits inside, how come 230?

funnycow

Master Member
Reaction score
Have been using DTAC happy tourist, 299 baht. 7 days unlimited data.

Speed wise, their 3g faster than our own 3g :D

Upon exiting Suvarnabhumi Airport immigration, head towards right. Walk along that stretch and you will see a DTAC booth.

Just tell the staff 299, they will help you to put the new sim card, as well as do the activation on the spot.

You will be able to use the data immediately upon activation. I haven't called locally or overseas yet. :)

Beno777

Reaction score
Have been using DTAC happy tourist, 299 baht. 7 days unlimited data.

Speed wise, their 3g faster than our own 3g :D

Upon exiting Suvarnabhumi Airport immigration, head towards right. Walk along that stretch and you will see a DTAC booth.

Just tell the staff 299, they will help you to put the new sim card, as well as do the activation on the spot.

You will be able to use the data immediately upon activation. I haven't called locally or overseas yet. :)

Once you exceed 1gb, you will feel the slowness for the rest of the 7 days :D

Pegasus Sinbkk

Reaction score

should not affect right?

Rather than be mysterified, why don't you call cust service 1678 They have English-speaking operators.

seahorse

Reaction score
I'll be getting one of those 299 bhat for 7 days unlimited + 100 bhat out going call value, is there any other type of plan just for unlimted data, my kid doesn't need to call out.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be getting one of those 299 bhat for 7 days unlimited + 100 bhat out going call value, is there any other type of plan just for unlimted data, my kid doesn't need to call out.

dont think so, their plans comes with calling.

jnashera

Banned
Reaction score
So which is better? Truemove or happy tourist from dtac? Since u guys say happy tourist only first 1gb is fast den after that is slow..so is truemove a better choice?

holidayforever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So which is better? Truemove or happy tourist from dtac? Since u guys say happy tourist only first 1gb is fast den after that is slow..so is truemove a better choice?

The thing is if u r going to BKK, Thailand, i dun think u will spend so much time on your phone, so 1GB is more than enuff

sbladerz

Reaction score
I have a question, if i want to get dtac unlimited prepaid card. is it the 199 baht or 299 baht? on the website its stated 199 baht/week, 299 baht/month. but i see alot of u stating 299 baht. thus i need some clarification. going there tmr. appreciate some help. thanks.

Beno777

Reaction score
I have a question, if i want to get dtac unlimited prepaid card. is it the 199 baht or 299 baht? on the website its stated 199 baht/week, 299 baht/month. but i see alot of u stating 299 baht. thus i need some clarification. going there tmr. appreciate some help. thanks.

First purchase the SIM card at 299. There after if u need data after the initial 7days, then u pay another 199 per week or 49 per day.

So the SIM card selling at 299 meaning deducted 199 for a week of unlimited data plus 100 worth of call. The 100 baht if no use, can be used to extend the data for another 2 days, tat jus nice for ppl going for 9 days :)

sngyanyuan

Reaction score
Prepaid SIM card

First purchase the SIM card at 299. There after if u need data after the initial 7days, then u pay another 199 per week or 49 per day.

So the SIM card selling at 299 meaning deducted 199 for a week of unlimited data plus 100 worth of call. The 100 baht if no use, can be used to extend the data for another 2 days, tat jus nice for ppl going for 9 days :)

Just note that if you are intending to buy the card, buy when you are still at the arrival area, there was once where i left the arrival area and the next thing when i tried to go back and buy, the security tell me that i cannot enter the area anymore and hence i am unable to purchase the SIM card at the tourist price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.