Nexus 7 Repair Recommendation

chagmade

Reaction score
Hi bros need some advice here. My gf dropped my brand new Nexus 7 on the floor yesterday and the glass and LCD screen cracked. More than half the screen is gone.

I called ASUS and they said the damage is out of warranty (as expected), and they elaborated that the estimated repair cost is $200, in addition to the $60 inspection fee. Total: $260.

The set only costs me $410. Spending $260 is a bit too much. Anyone knows of a cheaper alternative to repair it? Think very few places actually do repairs for Nexus 7 cus it's still relatively new.

Any recommendation would be very much appreciated.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros need some advice here. My gf dropped my brand new Nexus 7 on the floor yesterday and the glass and LCD screen cracked. More than half the screen is gone.

I called ASUS and they said the damage is out of warranty (as expected), and they elaborated that the estimated repair cost is $200, in addition to the $60 inspection fee. Total: $260.

The set only costs me $410. Spending $260 is a bit too much. Anyone knows of a cheaper alternative to repair it? Think very few places actually do repairs for Nexus 7 cus it's still relatively new.

Any recommendation would be very much appreciated.
Suntec Level 2 the it section got a shop do repair. Can check it out.

none none

Reaction score
Did you try sim lim square???

If repair is $260 than you maybe better off getting a new set from bro here.

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Reaction score
Most repair shops will not be carrying the screen as yet. Too new already. Even if you can find, the price will be high.
Will suggest you to wait out 1-2 months and find a repair shop. The price will be much cheaper by then. :)

chagmade

Reaction score
thanks for the info! ya i do think it will be quite expensive even if i can find one. how about if i buy the LCD screen replacement kit from ebay and taobao (which costs $180 i think) and go to a shop and ask them to replace the screen for me? do you think the labour fee will be very expensive?

GadgetBoy0807

Reaction score
Cant find the screen replacement kit online anywhere.. anyone knows where to get it ? or where to get it replaced?

ive already disassemble the nexus 7 =x just no screen to replace.. =x

psykopaf

Reaction score
I dropped my nexus 7 and the screen cracked too! Anyone has found any lobangs for repair please share!

chagmade

Reaction score
bros sharing my painstaking findings so far: sim lim square got lobang but will cost 200-300 dollars. might as well go ASUS. i guess the best bet is to buy from taobao or alibaba and hope the screen that comes actually works.

kanamyxin

Reaction score
Just repaired mine recently, cost $230 and it took only 3 days, quite good considering the fact that they replaced the front corner cover which got a dent from the result of the drop.. If yours is the 16gb variant, i think getting a new one is a better option.. Unless its 3g variant or 32gb wifi, not very worth it to repair the screen..

robing

Reaction score
i went to ASUS service center also.
after a LONG.... wait.
the guy told me $230.00.....

and i went back home..
cos mine is a 8GB .. no point repairing it.

haiz... wasted my trips there..

any bros know a cheaper option?
I reckon the $150.00 will be a reasonable prices
Please share.. thank you.

victorian07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows where to sell my nexus 7 (2012) set? still new but can't find any takers.

hehuafa

Reaction score
Saw they sell at Ebay $100+

Do a search - easily find...

Cant find the screen replacement kit online anywhere.. anyone knows where to get it ? or where to get it replaced?

ive already disassemble the nexus 7 =x just no screen to replace.. =x

david_lim

Reaction score
There is a repair shop at Bugis Village that does repairs for Nexus 7 2012/2013 quite quickly. Breakfixnow. About $200.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.