Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the limousine + Metro pass or Keisei Skyliner + metro pass are still value for money

Metro line stations are bit more convenient location wise.

one mostly only use JR line for the Yamanote line in Tokyo

summerland

Reaction score
hi..planning a solo trip to tokyo in march.
i was thinking of staying at either apartment / room via airbnb.

any1 here got experience?

c1528351

Reaction score
Any one knows how the power adaptor look like as I need to get before my trip...need to charge all my electrical devices everyday

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pic_outlet.gif

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey ts. Need help on below.
At train interchange, is there a need to tap in and tap out? Or is it like NE line change EW line just walk?

I'll be using ICOCA, but one trip is on shinkansen.
I will be reserving the tickets in advance, but not sure how I should buy it coz of the normal ticket plus express ticket thing. TS can advise?

The journey is as below:
Namba to shin-Osaka (either subway or nankai)
Shin-Osaka to Tokyo (shinkansen)
Tokyo to maihama (JR Rapid)

denpahenkan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hihi, I'm interested in attending this year's Anime Japan 2014. Do you have any recommendations(like tour packages/ agencies) for this? Don't really know much japanese so I kinda need a tour guide around.

lostasor22

Reaction score
Hi

planning to go to Tokyo in late apr, early may.. having some conference at Harajuku area. Wondering if there are any affordable accommodation near Harajuku station for 1 person? i checked both hotel and apartment and the cheapest i found is private room in an apartment that cost abt $80 per nite. As i will be staying for 10days, it will add up to 1000 plus after adding all the various booking fees. any help:(?

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
80 per day pretty low
Unless y try those hostal not full hotel with own bathroom then it wil be cheaper

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

planning to go to Tokyo in late apr, early may.. having some conference at Harajuku area. Wondering if there are any affordable accommodation near Harajuku station for 1 person? i checked both hotel and apartment and the cheapest i found is private room in an apartment that cost abt $80 per nite. As i will be staying for 10days, it will add up to 1000 plus after adding all the various booking fees. any help:(?

Check out airbnb. They have some pretty affordable accomodations.

shiwei71

Reaction score
Hi.... I will be going to tokyo from 18 feb to 26 feb. Just wondering if I need a down jacket or just a thicker jacket will do the trick. I have tried googling and im getting mixed results. Thanks in advance!

lostasor22

Reaction score
Yeah i did check it out.. The cheapest was $80 per nite for tat area.. Wondering if there any other websites

hancong94

Reaction score
go for travel agency?

hi i planning trip for first 2 weeks of dec. likely tokyo and area around japan kyoto as it is my first time to japan.

travelling with wife and 1 9 year old kid, any help to the how to go about it on the planning? ie place to visit and stay?

thanks

Do you know japanese? If you dont at least know how to read or speak simple japanese, I dont recommend you to go by yourself man, especially bringing kids around. My bro just came back from there, and noone could give a clear direction when being asked, not even the counter staff and let alone the security guard, lol!

Probably you can consider asking for travel agencies help, some of them can even customize trip for you. There is a website in Singapore, TripZilla that consolidates tour packages from all over Singapore and probably you can look from there as a start?

Sometimes they have great travel deals too!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you know japanese? If you dont at least know how to read or speak simple japanese, I dont recommend you to go by yourself man, especially bringing kids around. My bro just came back from there, and noone could give a clear direction when being asked, not even the counter staff and let alone the security guard, lol!

Probably you can consider asking for travel agencies help, some of them can even customize trip for you. There is a website in Singapore, TripZilla that consolidates tour packages from all over Singapore and probably you can look from there as a start?

Sometimes they have great travel deals too!

i dunno any japanese, but i have already gone for a few f&e trips to japan. i have even been to more 'ulu' places such as kumano and ibaraki and got around just fine. all u need is some proper planning. for big cities like tokyo and osaka, it is even easier coz there are english signs everywhere

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My answers are per below.
Hey ts. Need help on below.
At train interchange, is there a need to tap in and tap out? Or is it like NE line change EW line just walk?
->There might be a need to tap in and tap out

I'll be using ICOCA, but one trip is on shinkansen.
I will be reserving the tickets in advance, but not sure how I should buy it coz of the normal ticket plus express ticket thing. TS can advise?
->Did you buy open jaw ticket? =)

The journey is as below:
Namba to shin-Osaka (either subway or nankai)
Shin-Osaka to Tokyo (shinkansen)
Tokyo to maihama (JR Rapid)

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My answers are per below.

thanks ts
no haven't bought ticket. will be reserving when i arrive at airport.
so shinkansen i only need to buy the "express ticket" and pay for the normal ticket with icoca?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks ts
no haven't bought ticket. will be reserving when i arrive at airport.
so shinkansen i only need to buy the "express ticket" and pay for the normal ticket with icoca?

For shinkansen, you need to go to this place called Midori no Mado-guchi to buy the ticket or use the machine.

For your convenience, i have taken the picture for Kansai airport Midori no Mado-guchi (Ticket office).
10440022.jpg

Normal ticket is for trips within the city.
Trips across cities (Osaka->Tokyo), buy the ticket via Midori no Madoguchi

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For shinkansen, you need to go to this place called Midori no Mado-guchi to buy the ticket or use the machine.

For your convenience, i have taken the picture for Kansai airport Midori no Mado-guchi (Ticket office).
10440022.jpg

Normal ticket is for trips within the city.
Trips across cities (Osaka->Tokyo), buy the ticket via Midori no Madoguchi

ah this makes things so much clearer.
thanks ts :D

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo prices are almost the same

BUT the offers are almost way better. As I have mentioned before, Uni Tee under 700 yen is too good to pass up. :D

if you want really cheap GU is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.