Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyavirya

Reaction score
Do you know japanese? If you dont at least know how to read or speak simple japanese, I dont recommend you to go by yourself man, especially bringing kids around. My bro just came back from there, and noone could give a clear direction when being asked, not even the counter staff and let alone the security guard, lol!

Probably you can consider asking for travel agencies help, some of them can even customize trip for you. There is a website in Singapore, TripZilla that consolidates tour packages from all over Singapore and probably you can look from there as a start?

Sometimes they have great travel deals too!

Meaning you haven't been there? And how come all your posts are advising tripzilla?

nposix

Reaction score
possible to shop in the transit area after arrival in Narita Airport before getting into the public area?

random_person

Reaction score
Do you know japanese? If you dont at least know how to read or speak simple japanese, I dont recommend you to go by yourself man, especially bringing kids around. My bro just came back from there, and noone could give a clear direction when being asked, not even the counter staff and let alone the security guard, lol!

Probably you can consider asking for travel agencies help, some of them can even customize trip for you. There is a website in Singapore, TripZilla that consolidates tour packages from all over Singapore and probably you can look from there as a start?

Sometimes they have great travel deals too!

This is totally wrong. Don't give wrong information to the forummers here by advertising your service. Train station staff can speak basic English and give clear directions. The people in Japan are also very helpful and will go all the way out to help you. :)

zanyduke

Reaction score
I too don't speak japanese. I just went to Japan on my first time.
Did my homework and have many help from forumers here.
They gave so many suggestions and amend my itinerary many times. :s8:
Yes some japanese dont speak English but they are so nice and they go all the way to help you even though in different frequency.
I was lost in the trains once even though the auntie at the information counter speak english. She gave us the wrong trains to change.
It was just part of the trip fun and memory. I am hoping to go again next year.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I going to stay there 3 days (only ing Tokyo), I don't need day pass, I just pay the ticket as I travel. like that more worth right?

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to kawaguchi on the first day from narita airport and back to tokyo the following day, which kind of train pass should i get? Thanks alot!

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
quote:

“I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro

“Too often. . .I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.” – Louis L’Amour

hehe, the romanticism of travel.

The Ultimate List of Inspirational Travel Quotes

To be romantic, need to get wonderful shoes first. I applaud the jp ladies for wearing heels every where

ShinigamiX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be romantic, need to get wonderful shoes first. I applaud the jp ladies for wearing heels every where

man i so agree.... dammit i been HK b4 3 times & also walk quite alot but dammit! :eek:

when i went tokyo earlier last mth 4 the 1st time, i walked like a mad man!
lucky i wore my converse sneakers, quite comfy.... :)

really no joke man... tokyo is a walking city! :eek:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I going to stay there 3 days (only ing Tokyo), I don't need day pass, I just pay the ticket as I travel. like that more worth right?

if fly in/out from Narita then just get the NEX+SUICA will do.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, JR East is saying you get lots of saving if you travel from narita to kawaguchiko via kanto Area Pass. But i wonder how they packaged that "saving". You may want to use Hyperdia to double check:
JR Kanto Area Pass | Fares & Passes | JR-EAST

Thanks bro! A few question more, is this pass cheaper than nex+suica even with top up after 3 days. And is nex+suica has unlimited travel time or need to top up too? Sorry and thanks!

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
actually jp is a more friendly place than any where else

it all take is u go the guts to ask the person beside u
a local nihonjins

first start with a hi to them
こんにちは
Kon'nichiwa

and try speak in english and show hardcopy map s the best
if possible

if u need for directions
or go for a friendly local police

japs i usually shy

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! A few question more, is this pass cheaper than nex+suica even with top up after 3 days. And is nex+suica has unlimited travel time or need to top up too? Sorry and thanks!

NEX+SUICA is Narita airport specific bundle with a smartcard thrown in(SUICA) to compensate NEX limited coverage. SUICA can be used for 10 years. And it's like our EZ-LINK card. After the initial value of 1500 yen used up, or runs low, you will need to top it up with new value.
Suica & N'EX | Fares & Passes | JR-EAST

Kanto Area Pass has a wider coverage, as its name suggested. Kanto area pass better or not is all depends on how you want to use it. If you do one trip out from Narita to kawaguchi, then second day goes to Nikko and 3rd to Karuizawa, then this Kanto Area pass is very worth.

BTW, I am quoting Nikko and Karuizawa as I intend to visit there, it doesn't mean they are the best places to go from kawaguchi. But if you don't intend to cover far away places and mainly just want to hang out in Tokyo city, then NEX+SUICA is best for you. The Metro also have all kind of day passes you can make use of to save money, assuming your itinerary can be covered nicely by the metro.

If you have time and not in a rush, you can take local trains from Narita into Tokyo. Less than 1200yen can bring you to the city. It's cheaper than NEX.

Please wait for more input from those very experienced bro/sis here. My last trip to japan was more than 20 years ago. And I cannot wait to make my second trip there this Sunday.:s13:

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
2 guys go disneyland confirm gay right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.