Microsoft Surface

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good news....

RT have update on the apps and can watch rmbv smoother now... :)

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Yodobashi and Bic Camera are both big reputable electronics retailers.

I'm going to get my Surface 2 there too--after tax deduction it's probably gg to be cheaper than buying in US lol cos of the exchange rate
I see, thanks for the tip. shall try to find those shops there and take a look.

Not just the exchange rate, you save on shipping and GST if you buy yourself there. :D

My only worry is that the OS will be in Japanese? not sure if possible to switch to English

haato89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see, thanks for the tip. shall try to find those shops there and take a look.

Not just the exchange rate, you save on shipping and GST if you buy yourself there. :D

My only worry is that the OS will be in Japanese? not sure if possible to switch to English

GST saved if customs don't make u self pay at the booth :s22:

OS should be no prob la. ask the salesman to show u lor...

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
GST saved if customs don't make u self pay at the booth :s22:

OS should be no prob la. ask the salesman to show u lor...

hah. Hide the package in your luggage lor. Or treat it as used.

provided the salesman understand English.

jesgirl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:(

"Julie Larson-Green, executive VP of Devices and Studios at Microsoft, has said at a UBS seminar that Microsoft now has three mobile operating systems and "we're not going to have three." Somehow we don't think they're going to kill Windows Phone and Windows, so it's going to be you, RT."

haato89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Aiya if big city got tourist go one la and yodobashi/bic are big stores confirm got someone understand u huan :o

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score

haha, immediately charge and use. then throw the box away and just keep the warranty and chargers etc. then carry on for flight back.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score

"Julie Larson-Green, executive VP of Devices and Studios at Microsoft, has said at a UBS seminar that Microsoft now has three mobile operating systems and "we're not going to have three." Somehow we don't think they're going to kill Windows Phone and Windows, so it's going to be you, RT."

ya. saw this earlier too.
was thinking, it's a matter of time.

Lumizi

Reaction score

Ya they going to kill RT

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Just researched and found that Win8 supports changing of language display packs. Last time only Win 7 ultimate allows this.

ClockWork

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

despite all the slamming that many reviewers have given the RT, i think it's a wonderful device. i don't want/need a laptop and the price point of the RT was poor, but it does what it should.

frankly, almost everyone who have seen me use it thinks it's an interesting tablet. microsoft seriously needs to make up its damn mind about their direction before they start losing even more market share in the computer OS war.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree, RT is a good HW device...but the lack of apps support is killing itself...eg, VLC..

EvilPaladin

Master Member
Reaction score
despite all the slamming that many reviewers have given the RT, i think it's a wonderful device. i don't want/need a laptop and the price point of the RT was poor, but it does what it should.

frankly, almost everyone who have seen me use it thinks it's an interesting tablet. microsoft seriously needs to make up its damn mind about their direction before they start losing even more market share in the computer OS war.

so what is going to happen to the RT tablets? slowly let it fade into oblivion?
In the future there is only going to be 1 surface pro then? (no lightweight options?)

Just thinking aloud to myself

jesgirl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it is the Atom CPU which also have lower cost entry and yet base on x86 architecture. Modern Atom speed is actually quite good.

RT have it own advantages which is more appliance like and trouble free.

So, any one who purchased the amazon deal but now want to sell do let me know or I will get ASUS Transformer T100. Are they available here already?

haato89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sigh yea. It suits my needs--Office on a relatively cheap device compared to a laptop, portability, ebook reading, music and video playback. I really don't need the power of a laptop....

ClockWork

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so what is going to happen to the RT tablets? slowly let it fade into oblivion?
In the future there is only going to be 1 surface pro then? (no lightweight options?)

Just thinking aloud to myself

Sigh yea. It suits my needs--Office on a relatively cheap device compared to a laptop, portability, ebook reading, music and video playback. I really don't need the power of a laptop....

if their aim was to provide consumers with a device that runs microsoft office on the go, surface RT would have been a hit. i haven't tried many office apps on android and iOS but the good (free) ones i did run clearly have some (alignment) issues when ported back to MS office itself (which can be a biatch for school/office work).

needless to say, they won't miss the "little" market share of supporters who don't want a full-fledged windows laptop experience. they may still support RT because it kinda runs like a laptop. only time will tell.

without a doubt, microsoft will not support the RT for long, despite the fact that many people are getting it now probably because it's actually priced more like a tablet.

and i was actually starting to like microsoft a little more for the RT.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.