Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone in SG gotten hold of the HA22Tube yet? :o

Should be a relatively good buy if you own the W3000ANV/W5000, won't say it's a must-buy if you own ATH's lower-tier headphones. But according to one experienced ATH owner over in Taiwan who lives in JP, the combination of A900XLTD and the AT-HA22TUBE were pretty fantastic actually. I reckon it shd sound pretty excellent with my A900Ti too since that reviewer ranks the A900Ti on the same performance category as A900XLTD, but atm I'm just saving up for HA5000, the rest can probably wait.

May be planning for a JP trip next yr June period as there will be an upcoming exclusive idol event I'm interested in participating over at Yokohama, hopefully the HA22TUBE will have some decent price-drops by then.
:o

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for both the A900XLTD and HA22Tube to be released here...

Bro you will have a chance to try the above at the Super Sonic Fest that will happen on the Dec 4th right? Do rem to come back and report yr impressions for us, wanna hear more abt it from you.

Randius

Reaction score
Bro you will have a chance to try the above at the Super Sonic Fest that will happen on the Dec 4th right? Do rem to come back and report yr impressions for us, wanna hear more abt it from you.

Nope, can't go since the event is on workday and after lunch hour :(

Leaper_SG

Reaction score
Bought the Audio Technica AT-PHA05BT via ebay, the included earphones are fantastic!

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for both the A900XLTD and HA22Tube to be released here...

Any news on ETA and pricing? :D

Should be a relatively good buy if you own the W3000ANV/W5000, won't say it's a must-buy if you own ATH's lower-tier headphones. But according to one experienced ATH owner over in Taiwan who lives in JP, the combination of A900XLTD and the AT-HA22TUBE were pretty fantastic actually. I reckon it shd sound pretty excellent with my A900Ti too since that reviewer ranks the A900Ti on the same performance category as A900XLTD, but atm I'm just saving up for HA5000, the rest can probably wait.

May be planning for a JP trip next yr June period as there will be an upcoming exclusive idol event I'm interested in participating over at Yokohama, hopefully the HA22TUBE will have some decent price-drops by then.

Ya I saw your post regarding this some time back, maybe I will just wait for it to reach our shores, audition it then decide. Pricing online with shipping seems reasonable actually and I'm guessing will be cheaper than retail here. ATH stuff quite ex here compared to Japan the only exception is prolly W3000ANV.

aerir25

Reaction score
Just received my ESW9 headband replacement (3rd party) and I have no idea how to replace it? Anyone here had experience on changing theirs?

Tried Googling around but nothing useful

widget

Reaction score
From eBay is it?
Bought mine from eBay and replacing the headband is PITA.
You need another pair of hands to help you.
You need to start by loosen the 2 small screws on both earcups. Then you can slide out the old headband from the metal strip.
Can't help you much as quite busy in the office now and my ESW9 is at home

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From eBay is it?
Bought mine from eBay and replacing the headband is PITA.
You need another pair of hands to help you.
You need to start by loosen the 2 small screws on both earcups. Then you can slide out the old headband from the metal strip.
Can't help you much as quite busy in the office now and my ESW9 is at home

Is there any reason that you guys are not buying the original ESW9 lambskin headband from AT SEA service centre directly? If you purchase from them directly I believe they should be able to replace the headband for you?

As far as I can recall someone else shared the pricing in here before and IIRC it's not exactly very expensive for the original genuine headband (considering this is lambskin protein leather made materials) Actually for my set the headband I also noticed ard 1 yr ago it started to suffer frm slight peeling too, but only for the bottom and sides that touches yr head, the brown portion on the top doesn't seem to degrade at all then again my pair is already 4 yrs old so it's probably meant to be.

Come to think of it, should have applied some protective leather solution to it last time, because all along this is meant for portable use so I nv really apply anything to its headband with those leather care products meant for protecting leather bag/shoes.
:s22::s22:

destrozer

Reaction score
Is there any reason that you guys are not buying the original ESW9 lambskin headband from AT SEA service centre directly? If you purchase from them directly I believe they should be able to replace the headband for you?

As far as I can recall someone else shared the pricing in here before and IIRC it's not exactly very expensive for the original genuine headband (considering this is lambskin protein leather made materials) Actually for my set the headband I also noticed ard 1 yr ago it started to suffer frm slight peeling too, but only for the bottom and sides that touches yr head, the brown portion on the top doesn't seem to degrade at all then again my pair is already 4 yrs old so it's probably meant to be.

Come to think of it, should have applied some protective leather solution to it last time, because all along this is meant for portable use so I nv really apply anything to its headband with those leather care products meant for protecting leather bag/shoes.
:s22::s22:

The headband is 100 from what I last know since I contacted them very early this year. Earpads are 60 per pair. I guess it's pretty pricey considering their market prices. The aftermarket ones are like 10+ odd bucks. :s13:

widget

Reaction score
My ESW9 has been with me since 07. I've recabled it myself last year and changed the headband this year.
The ori headband is not original leather :eek: (unlike the earpads), coz I cut opened and disected the headband when I replaced it with the eBay counterpart. If they use ori leather for the new EWS9 headband, then I stand corrected.
The eBay headband is only $1x, and I like to get my hands dirty... :s13:

destrozer

Reaction score
My ESW9 has been with me since 07. I've recabled it myself last year and changed the headband this year.
The ori headband is not original leather :eek: (unlike the earpads), coz I cut opened and disected the headband when I replaced it with the eBay counterpart. If they use ori leather for the new EWS9 headband, then I stand corrected.
The eBay headband is only $1x, and I like to get my hands dirty... :s13:

How about dissecting the TG!334? :s13:

aerir25

Reaction score
Cant seem to fit the headband properly and is not tight, any tips?
The original headband cost $100, that's why I bought it from ebay

Last edited:

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The headband is 100 from what I last know since I contacted them very early this year. Earpads are 60 per pair. I guess it's pretty pricey considering their market prices. The aftermarket ones are like 10+ odd bucks. :s13:

Oh okay. Actually considering that the local prices for ESW9 are ard 438, I would say having an original genuine replacement for the headband priced at 100 bucks is considered reasonable in my eyes. But yeah, if we were to take references frm their usual online prices, that would be another issue altogether.
:s13:

The original HP-ESW9 replacement earpads (genuine lambskin leather) from most japanese stockist in JP costs ard 2,480 yen so the prices there are definitely much friendlier. However after consideration of adding in the relevant overseas shipping fees such as EMS if one were to import in via sources like Tenso/PriceJapan, it prolly won't make that much of a difference anymore.

So I would still have to say a fair word for AT SEA that their quotations for each respective original replacement parts meant for the ESW9, are still pretty reasonable as a matter of fact. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.