HDTV, Digital TV and antenna discussion thread [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha ya could be - if anything pops up will share in thread :D

Bad news : peeps thikning of buying PCIe/USB tuners best is hold until compatible ones out in market

email #1 TBS

email #2 Astrometa

a third email was sent to Blackgold Technology but so far they have not gotten back at me :(

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Bad news : peeps thikning of buying PCIe/USB tuners best is hold until compatible ones out in market

email #1 TBS

Haha, the support people at TBS do not know what we are doing in sg.

T2-Lite is to support mobile and portable TV#, which we are not doing anytime soon.

In Page 8 of our IDA/MDA TS DVB-T2 IRD Issue 1 Rev 1 March 2013 *

2. This Specification is established to enable equipment manufacturers and/or suppliers to bring in compatible DVB-T2 IRD modules and IDTVs that will provide good indoor reception of Free-To-Air (FTA) Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) services. For the purpose of this Specification, the IRD functioning as standalone modules or built-in modules of IDTVs shall be termed “DVB-T2 IRD”.

Source: # http://www.dvb.org/resources/public/factsheets/dvb-t2_factsheet.pdf

* http://www.mda.gov.sg/Reports/ConsultationReports/Documents/IDA_MDA_TS_DVBT2.pdf

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So basically, to make a DVB-T2 device 1.3.1 compliant just requires an updated driver?

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, the support people at TBS do not know what we are doing in sg.

T2-Lite is to support mobile and portable TV#, which we are not doing anytime soon.
Source: # http://www.dvb.org/resources/public/factsheets/dvb-t2_factsheet.pdf

* http://www.mda.gov.sg/Reports/ConsultationReports/Documents/IDA_MDA_TS_DVBT2.pdf

Ya have to clarify further with them and thks for the links :D

So basically, to make a DVB-T2 device 1.3.1 compliant just requires an updated driver?

Ya that was what i thought too but TBS reply hints that it is a matter of hardware while Astrometa hints it's a question of an updated driver :s22:

Update: Better news from Blackgold ^^

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

Ya that was what i thought too but TBS reply hints that it is a matter of hardware while Astrometa hints it's a question of an updated driver :s22:
Hardware (with firmware) and driver may mean different things to different people. So they may be used in confusing ways.

Nice to hear that. As explained earlier, T-2 Lite is an optional feature. The statement V1.3.1 compliant from BlackGold doesn't tell you whether it includes T-2 Lite or not. [I know sg doesn't need T-2 Lite]

And inside the main V1.3.1, there are also other options not apparent to most of us. So the question of whether V1.3.1 compliant products, when they are available, support sg standard or not can only be settled by testing.

Note: I always take replies from support and sales people with plenty of salt. Similarly for official replies.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ya have to clarify further with them and thks for the links :D

I see.... but the Blackgold tuners are very expensive, including shipping. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.