SingPost/Vpost Bad Experience

Please add to this poll if u have encountered a bad experience with Vpost deliveries...

• Total voters

B4mich

Reaction score
Vpost service is appalling. I confirmed my consolidated shipment and it told me it would arrive 22-27 Nov. on 25th November I got an email saying my package was in singapore and out for delivery to jurong point post office which i chose as my delivery address but until 28th nov I had not got confirmation. I called them and they said it would be there within 3 work days. Called them again on 3rd December asking why I still had not got confirmation and this new lady says it was in JP post office on 21st nov but because I had not collected it, they sent it to paya lebar HQ! How ridiculous?! I asked her why I did not get any notification and why the previous person gave me wrong info 'our system got problem I can't do anything sorry' never using vpost again

Le_coq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ordered some items from amazon and shipped to singapore free.

It took so long that i almost forgotten about it, so i went to the nearest post office with all the tracking information from amazon "track my shipment".

Turns out the item got sent back to amazon!!!!
they claimed an attempt to deliver was made and the parcel got sent to the post office and after certain amount of days they returned it to the sender.

Bull-s-h-i-t, for the duration they specified, there was at least 1 person at home at all times, no missed delivery slip was left behind.

Not to mention on two occasions i caught the postman red handed for turning up at the door without parcel and putting the missed delivery slip. Very lazy mofos.

freida

Reaction score
vShop4U

I recently purchased something using vShop4U on 13/12/13 and it's due to deliver about 27/12/13 - 01/01/14. I understand that they will send me an email once the item reaches their warehouse but it's been a week already but no updates from them...

I'm quite scared cos it's my first time using this whole vpost/vShop4U thing. And after reading so many negative feedbacks, it makes me even more worried :(

In any case if I don't get my item or they didn't even process my order, will I be able to get my money back? Plus I've called their hotline but no responses so I'm trying my luck here to see if anyone can give me any answers or have experienced this before.

cavok100

Reaction score
hotline customer service : zero service, because they can only give information you already knew from online tracking.
Overall reliability : -100% to 0%. encountered multiple delays on 1 single package. supposed to be delivered on 19Dec. delayed multiple times. ie. postpone to 20th then 21st, then 23rd then now told me 24th. I don't think they meant what they say, doubt they will deliver as promised on 24th.

I have encountered crappy postage services when I was in UK and Australia. However, Vpost is the champion of all crappy mail services. And we have to pay for Goods & "Service" Tax for such service? I'll choose any other postage service over Vpost from now on.

Last edited:

Liz

Reaction score
It is very sad we are forced to use this terrible service when the shop offers no alternatives to EMS. I wake up this morning to find a delivery note at my door (7am), claiming attempted delivery at 9pm last night. Of course it was ********. Tracking says item still in processing center. LOL Call CSO (8am), of course they tell me the same info on the tracking system. Ask me to call back after 10am for update. Follow up at 12pm, the tracking now says "Fail attempted at 9.18am this morning." I told the CSO, I was home and someone is at home the whole time...so? Where is your delivery man?? What failed delivery attempt? There was no attempt. She assures me the item will be deliver by today.

Just check tracking, now my item has been send to some post office waiting for me to go pick up. Gonna call them again to demand delivery by today.

I need to change the service I am using cuz I don't want to use EMS...Sigh

bighungrypanda

Reaction score
Postcard delivery

Does anybody know how long it takes for a postcard to be delivered from Singapore to Indonesia?

On the website it says 4-8 working days (airmail), but i sent mine about 3 weeks ago and it still haven't arrive yet. Asked the customer service and they too stated that it should be delivered in 4-8 working days.

I could've wrote email, but for sentimental reasons, email wouldn't suffice.

Thanks in advance.

premniki

Reaction score
It is very sad we are forced to use this terrible service when the shop offers no alternatives to EMS. I wake up this morning to find a delivery note at my door (7am), claiming attempted delivery at 9pm last night. Of course it was ********. Tracking says item still in processing center. LOL Call CSO (8am), of course they tell me the same info on the tracking system. Ask me to call back after 10am for update. Follow up at 12pm, the tracking now says "Fail attempted at 9.18am this morning." I told the CSO, I was home and someone is at home the whole time...so? Where is your delivery man?? What failed delivery attempt? There was no attempt. She assures me the item will be deliver by today.

Just check tracking, now my item has been send to some post office waiting for me to go pick up. Gonna call them again to demand delivery by today.

I need to change the service I am using cuz I don't want to use EMS...Sigh

I wish I had read this forum before I signed up with Vpost. This is a fraudulent "service" which makes misleading claims to the public. I agree with everything that's been complained about in these posts
-lies about attempted deliveries (I have a family where someone is always at home so there is no way that a delivery man attempted to deliver but no one was home)
- impossible to lodge a complaint on the phone due to inefficient staff
- yes, on the hotline, their staff really do cover up for each others' inefficiencies
- they refuse to divulge names of senior officers who might be able to handle the case better.
- I had an experience where an "attempted" delivery happened. I was emailed twice and both mails mentioned 2 separate attempted delivery dates (a day apart). Neither one really happened. On the phone- I was told to collect the parcel the next day. No one bothered to mention that they were closed that day. So it was a wasted trip.Finally, I went down to post office when they reopened after the public holiday to collect and was informed that the item had been moved to another post office. Again, no one bothered to inform me.I Had to rush down there. Just for the record- I had incurred SGD$100 for Vpost postage for this parcel and it was supposed to be delivered to my doorstep. Instead I had to deal with all this hassle.
- most recently, Vpost has lost my item. They initially said they did not have the item. I sent proof that the item was delivered to their warehouse. I was promised a full refund by their staff on their hotline. Since then I have received not less than 4 emails. In each email, they ask me to ignore the previous email and that they made a mistake. Sorry for the "inconvenience" and all I get is a measly SGD $10 refund. The original price if the item is SGD 50 plus shipping. I have also been offered a discount on my next shipment. I assured them that the next shipment will not be happening as I have no intention of using their "services" again
I plan to pursue the matter with Consumer Association of Singapore. More hassle, yes, but Vpost needs to get its act together. I similarly encourage other disgruntled members to do the same. If there is enough evidence against them on record, at least we consumers will have some protection.
- I have also sensed that their claims of being more economical in shipment charges are misleading. They are equally if not more expensive, and they are certainly less efficient. I will, in future, use Fedex or equivalent even if it means paying more.
- in a nutshell, this service is not all what it claims to be and is highly inefficient. I am appalled and ashamed as a Singaporean that this is even allowed to happen and goes unchecked.

mardao

Reaction score
storetoship

I ordered some items from amazon and shipped to singapore free.

It took so long that i almost forgotten about it, so i went to the nearest post office with all the tracking information from amazon "track my shipment".

Turns out the item got sent back to amazon!!!!
they claimed an attempt to deliver was made and the parcel got sent to the post office and after certain amount of days they returned it to the sender.

Bull-s-h-i-t, for the duration they specified, there was at least 1 person at home at all times, no missed delivery slip was left behind.

Not to mention on two occasions i caught the postman red handed for turning up at the door without parcel and putting the missed delivery slip. Very lazy mofos.

Well, I have been using a local shipping company when I buy branded bags, shoes, electronic goods from US and they usually take about 2 weeks to deliver. So far so good since last year.

Icyshockz

Reaction score
Thursday was supposed to receive my item, but due to high vol.. they can't deliver to mi... =.= I spammed calls.. like about 10 times on Monday make sure they deliver to us but didn't!

today Tuesday.. 12.30pm see nth outside my door, 1pm A PAPER APPEARRED WTF?! I called and spam 3 more times and finally a manager called mi. she's mdm wong, a new manager I think? promised mi that I will receive my item between 2pm to 3pm.. I wonder how true will that b... zzz

^ gt it at 02:03pm wow

Last edited:

veryred

Reaction score
I sold some stuff online and normal mail took almost 3 weeks to deliver. Horrible services

enfant

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just got email said my vpost delivery failed at 4 am on saturday morning. who the **** is awake at 4 am to receive packages? also, did not leave any collection chit at my doorstep. how would i know which post office my parcel is at now? KAN NI NA :mad:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so scary?
i got 1 parcel coming
must cross fingers liao
last time i used vpost few times got no issue, only slow compare to other like cgw, dhl

peppermint9163

Reaction score
PLEASE DON'T USE VPOST. It is the most incompetent company that I have seen.
1) The couriers are liars. They lied that they were not able to send the parcel to me coz I was not at home. I was at home the entire day and no one came by. I didn't receive any paper notification that they came by.
2) 1605 is manned by a bunch of clowns from India.
3) called on 5 May to request delivery. Ah neh CSO said ok logged in system
4) called on 6 May to check what time they are coming and Was told by another ah neh that there was no request. Was told that the parcel is at post office, will require operation to pick it up and deliver to me within 2 days, even confirm time.
5) waited like an idiot on 8 May but nobody came. Called 1605 again. Was told need 2 days for operation to pick up from post office and another 2 days to send to me. I blew my top and asked to speak to Mgr. Was told Mgr knocked off work at 5pm sharp. Was promised that Mgr will call me at 8 am on 9 May
6) nobody call me so I call 1605 again at 8.30. Was told that Mgr only start work at 11am. She is the ONLY person that can pick up the phone to call the operation to check when they call send my parcel. The rest of the Ah Nehs can only stared at the screen and read off the status.
7) tried to call 68412000 to ask for further help. Got diverted to 1605 aka clowns again.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my parcel status just updated to 'With Delivery Courier'
wait and see will vpost delivery today..

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
received my parcel yesterday(Sat) early evening
i paid on the 8th, vpost usa shipped out on the 9th and i received on 17th
so far my experiences or luck with vpost quite good

Jayceetee

Reaction score
@cannotliao: I agree that you can consider yourself really lucky to get your goods from vpost on time or even a few days late occasionally.
My US supplements supplier recently changed their policy to handle overseas orders themselves instead of using couriers. I tried them out once and found out that they relayed to Singpost on arriving in Singapore. I got the notice in my mailbox (!!!) that they were not able to deliver as no one was home. Now, how would they know when they did not even bother to go upstairs?? LL, I had to collect at the post office the next day. (Sigh...)
From that day onwards, I got the supplier to send my supplements to comGateway who will then use DHL to deliver to me. The extra cost was just a few dollars more but I feel that it is important to avoid the hassle of depending on our most untrustworthy Singpost. When I want to buy something that I like from Qoo10, I will always check on their delivery options available. If they only offer Singpost services, I will look for other suppliers and will not order if I fail to find an alternative seller who offers domestic courier services.
By doing those, I know that I have avoided multiple cases of frustration.
I suspect that the FTs that Singpost employ are very good at buttering up to the senior management. I could not help but laugh when I saw the 2013/2014 report that Singpost received many awards.
How did they manage to win so many awards when their domestic market is in such a mess? It sure looks like we should not be expecting any improvements anytime soon.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used vpost this time because of the 30% discount code which i paid sg$16+ for my 1kg parcel but i check CGW their rate for 1kg parcel are sg$18+ so the saving not that much.
other points are the CGW recent credit card fraud saga and CGW will open pack up package for inspection. for vpost they dont do inspection, they simply just paste their shipping label and it ship out to spore.
other plus point for CGW is their Insurance costs is low.

Jayceetee

Reaction score
CGW

I did not know about the CGW credit card fraud cases until now. Anyway those involved CGW Taiwan but I only used them for my US orders.
Yes, I noticed that CGW charged me fair insurance rates for my watch orders.
Thanks for the heads up.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Regret not seeing this post before using Vpost. Brought something from taobao.com and thought it should be "safe" to use vPost and this is where my nightmare started.

CSO is totally non-reactive and I have to call the Vpost China office to ask for latest information. And have to call the sender to ask the courier company to redirect mail as the Vpost China address has already changed and they give assuring me that it is still okay to use the existing one (when the premise is not valid for delivery):

This is really frustrating and blood vomitting experience. I have been exchanging messages between them via FB message and nothing concrete comes out of it.

The service is really very lacking!

hclee01: 15/05/2014 16:10

Dear Vpost

I have just started using your Vpost services and I must say that I am really disappointed. The courier service was not able to deliver the document to the China office.

The address in China has been changed and there was no announcement. I called your CS hotline twice and was assured that it is still valid. I had to incur IDD charges to call the China office and was informed that the address has been changed for a while already!

Right now, I have to inform the buyer to redirect the delivery and not too sure if there are additional charges incurred. This is indeed frustrating!

vPOST 15/05/2014 16:33

Hi hclee01,

We sincerely apologised for the inconvenience caused. As mentioned by the officer you spoke with, address is still valid as all items will be forwarded to the new address and processed normally.

hclee01: 15/05/2014 16:36

Thanks for the prompt response. I had called the Vpost China office number and advised to send the package to the new address instead as they have already moved. I am now liaising with the buyer to redirect to the new office instead. I hope the new address given is correct as the package has been delayed and inconvenience caused as a result.

If the China office has already moved, customers should be notified to use the new address instead of relying on the current process where they manually transfer to new office. Obviously the process is not working!!

vPOST 15/05/2014 16:41

Hi hclee01,

Our technical team is already working on some website amendment of the vPOST CHINA address to the new address.

Thank you.

hclee01: 15/05/2014 17:46

The courier is attempting to send the parcel again to the old address now. Can you assist to ensure that the courier can send the parcel to vpost successfully?

vPOST: 15/05/2014 17:50

Hi hclee01,

Please provide us the tracking number as well as the courier used by the merchant so we can monitor it for you.

Also, please let us know once it is confirmed that the item was successfully delivered to our CN address.

Thank you.

hclee01 15/05/2014 21:23

The courier company has just tried to make a delivery again and failed. It is a fact that the existing address does not work! Tracking No: XXXXXXXXXX
This is really indeed very frustrating!!

hclee01 16/05/2014 12:46

It was reported in the courier website that the item has been delivered. Tracking No is: XXXXX. My Vpost account number is YYYY. Please assist to expedite the processing of the item.

vPOST 16/05/2014 13:10

Hi hclee01,

If the item was confirmed delivered to our old address, please allow us sometime to redirect it to our new address. Once, redirected then it will be processed as per normal.

Thank you.

vPost

hclee01 16/05/2014 13:28

Hi vPost, we have requested for the courier to send to the new address. Please assist to check and expedite.

This delay is caused by incorrect information provided in your portal and through no fault of the courier or myself. As such, please assist to expedite.

vPOST 16/05/2014 13:35

Hi hclee01,

Thank you. We will monitor the item status for you.

hclee01 16/05/2014 13:56

Possible to assist to contact them to expedite and track?

Vpost 16/05/2014 14:13

Hi hclee01,

Please be informed that it will take 24hrs to reflect the item on the system but we will forward the request.

vPost

phantom.zone

Reaction score
anybody knows how to contact singpost manager? damn postman never ring doorbell and keep leaving attempted delivery note :frus: no point keep giving them feedback/complaint letter or calling their stupid customer service officers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.