Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Le_coq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comgateway any discounts?

Was slap with a 3.5kg volume weight and not allowed for repacking.

Actual weight for 2 Levis jeans $1.82kg

same goes for singpost, they slapped me with a 3kg volume weight and guess what was inside?

1 polo tee.

:s8:

no repacking allowed, bunch of cheats.

Le_coq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yep its safe. I shipped my camera from amazon with CGW. no issues and the service is awesome. Just tried shipping my audio stuff with vpost. Vpost is super screw up. More than 48hours still haven process my item. Poor service. Second time kena from them already. Really regret. Ship with CGW better. A little more ex but its more efficient and service is better. Vpost give you discounts also useless. It seems like they will delay your items at the processing/sorting plant then by the time you want to use discount voucher, its too late. Expired.

Shall use cgw from now on, vpost i checked with usps whether my items has reached vpost warehouse or not, usps said they were already delivered many days ago.:s8:

sometimes i suspect they purposely delay your items so discount vouchers are expired but you already shipped to them.

One good example is this black friday sale, vpost had a good discount of 30% and additional rebates which will last for 10 days.

My observation concludes that my items which i bought before black friday which reached them at the beginning of the 10days are promptly processed.

But for those items that got delivered on the 8th - 10th day. They are delivered and signed for but still no sign of them on vpost website.

so why 10 days? i suspect because most users use the free domestic shipping in USA, items will reach on the 8th - 10th day even if you shop on the eve of black friday sale. Now they will be able to use the excuse of heavy traffic to delay processing.

But the problem is you already shipped all your BF items to vpost, attracted by their deep discount. Only to realise majority of your items are no longer eligible for the deep discount because by the time singpost processed your items, the discount is over and you are forced to ship with them because your items are all there.

bigfoot

Master Member
Reaction score
same goes for singpost, they slapped me with a 3kg volume weight and guess what was inside?

1 polo tee.

I tot was alone. Seem like many people kena the same as me. Order a small simple bag. Was slapped with volumetric weight. Uses the dimension of the bag to charge. Ended up I have to pay around $70 for the shipping. That's more than the discount I got for buying online. I felt so stupid and tell myself never to use them ever again.

BTW I'm referring to vpost.

s3856

Reaction score
Been using comgateway when I wanted to buy from US online. Vpost lost
my item till now still no ans from them even the CSO called me once, but
after that no more news from them...Vpost.:mad:

sngyanyuan

Reaction score
I tot was alone. Seem like many people kena the same as me. Order a small simple bag. Was slapped with volumetric weight. Uses the dimension of the bag to charge. Ended up I have to pay around $70 for the shipping. That's more than the discount I got for buying online. I felt so stupid and tell myself never to use them ever again.

BTW I'm referring to vpost.

I kanna the same thing as well when i was using Borderlinx to ship my Backpack. The bag itself weights 3kg, they charge me a volumetric weight of $18 kg and tell me no way to repack as their standard packaging will not fit.

Then i have to pay SGD$150 to freaking pay for a bag that only cost me USD$50+ after all the discount i get.

The only consolation that I can give myself is that with shipping involved, the bag still cost cheaper than if i were to buy it in Singapore. Luckily got 20% off at ebags.com, plus cashback savings.

sngyanyuan

Reaction score
Anyway, anyone here familiar with Borderlinx?
Giving them a shot now to see how their service is like compared to vPost.

One thing that I don't quite like is I don't know the actual shipping cost per package, and have to use their cost calculator which seems random as hell (at least I hope it is, cause they're charging me way more for a particular item than vPost does).

Also, do they open EVERY package they receive? I can understand if they do so to repack stuff, but if they just open for the sake of it or to inspect goods then I'm less inclined to keep using them...

Hi BlackLab,

I just got charged a volumetric weight of 18 kg for a 3 kg backpack because they say their standard packaging will not fit even with repacking my North Face Terra 65. The bag only cost me USD$50+ after taking into account all the discounts.

BlackLab

Reaction score
Hi BlackLab,

I just got charged a volumetric weight of 18 kg for a 3 kg backpack because they say their standard packaging will not fit even with repacking my North Face Terra 65. The bag only cost me USD$50+ after taking into account all the discounts.

Hey thanks for the info. Hmmm seems like Borderlinx not exactly cheap either.
Their per kg rate is actually higher than vPost... Do they have flat per shipment fee in addition to the individual package costs?

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1 polo tee.

Sorry to hear that. Comgateway got live quote. My quote was 1.5 kg for 3 polos. I know the package sure bigger that that cos my watch also was 1.5 kg. Package came was 3.0 kg (2.85 rounded up). So with the live quote, pay for 1.5 kg only. So from $25.25, I pay only $16.70 + $3 before misc expenses.

With DBS card, got free upgrade to express and 10% discount so I pay only $17.05 + $3 final total.

Your live quote would probably be only 0.5 kg. Make use of the live quote guys! Of course it is only worth it if the weight is 1 kg more than expected since every 0.5 kg is $2.85 more and the quote itself costs $3.

Last edited:

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comgateway any discounts?

Was slap with a 3.5kg volume weight and not allowed for repacking.

Actual weight for 2 Levis jeans $1.82kg

Bought 3 Levis jeans also charged for 3.5kg volumetric weight, maybe Levis uses a box of the same size. Actual weight 2.18kg, volumetric weight 3.31kg.

Last edited:

Le_coq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Comgateway got live quote. My quote was 1.5 kg for 3 polos. I know the package sure bigger that that cos my watch also was 1.5 kg. Package came was 3.0 kg (2.85 rounded up). So with the live quote, pay for 1.5 kg only. So from $25.25, I pay only $16.70 + $3 before misc expenses.

With DBS card, got free upgrade to express and 10% discount so I pay only $17.05 + $3 final total.

Your live quote would probably be only 0.5 kg. Make use of the live quote guys! Of course it is only worth it if the weight is 1 kg more than expected since every 0.5 kg is $2.85 more and the quote itself costs $3.

There is live quote for vpost as well, i got quotation for some toys, only 1.6kg.

Guess how much the chargeble weight was when it arrived?

6.5kg

when told them to repack, they said its not available because it will compromise the item. Bullshiat.

I am going to complain to CASE.

jcml10588

Reaction score
Last time I'm using CGW!

Just sharing my experience with CGW!

I had an item from Toysrus.com delivered via UPS to CGW two weeks ago. Since it was a holiday (Thanksgiving and weekend) I was patient enough to wait for it to arrive on my US address. A week had passed and still nothing! Went to live chat was told they got my package but having problem with documentation. After two days I check in again was was told they will escalate the problem with the Warehouse manager.

Now, two weeks passed and still no sign of my package in my US address. Went to live chat again and guess what I was told, that there are no records, of the tracking number I gave them, of being delivered to CGW.

This is so disappointing. First experience with CGW and it got screwed up like this! Last time I'm using them!

Tsukiiya

Reaction score
safe to use Comgateway repack service?

Hi

I'm new here. May i know if it is safe to use CGW's repack service, as i am afraid that they will cause damage to my items when repacking. :s11:

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im a new user of vpost. tried to use the $20 off promo code with my citibank amex premiermiles card. but it says cannot be used. :mad:

jcml10588

Reaction score
Postal codes in the U.S. are unique to a region (unlike Singapore, where each building has a unique postal code). Also, road names can be similar (For example, in the state of California alone, we note there are 3 counts of "Lemon Avenue" ). Hence misdeliveries can, and do happen. Merchants may also accidentally address your items to the wrong location. If this occurs, please contact the merchant immediately to seek their help in refunds, or to resend the item.

@jcml10588 - We've PM'd you multiple times in an attempt to help, but have received no reply. Please check your inbox, and respond. If you would like more help on the issue. Cheers

you might have misunderstood me, there's no mis-delivery because you guys confirmed last week that my package got received but cannot be documented thus cannot be accounted to my account (US address)... however today when I went to live chat I was told no record of my package... so which is which?! last week and this week information not consistent...

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is live quote for vpost as well, i got quotation for some toys, only 1.6kg.

6.5kg

when told them to repack, they said its not available because it will compromise the item. Bullshiat.

Didn't know vpost so terrible. But what I forgot to add to add is that ComGateway got live quote guarantee. Means no matter what they'll honour the live quote weight unless it is lighter. Does vPost have this live quote guarantee?

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If delivery is to residential address, possible to call DHL and ask for evening delivery? On a weekday I meant.

Vitaall

Reaction score

6.5kg

Nothing to complain against, weight vs volumetric weight, which ever is heavier.....:o

Vitaall

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info. Hmmm seems like Borderlinx not exactly cheap either.
Their per kg rate is actually higher than vPost... Do they have flat per shipment fee in addition to the individual package costs?

to be fair, this is not the call of Borderlinx, or v post, thats how shipment cost are calculated. thats why we try not to ship "air":o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.