Microsoft Surface

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
The OS oso in Jap... can change to english easily? Got international warranty?

yes I changed all to English. But you best have an English version for reference nearby. Or get help from a Japanese friend.

you need to:
1. Go to control panel and download English language pack
2. Switch display language to English
3. Finally switch default user account to English.

now mine hasn't a trace of Japanese words that I can see.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
For warranty, I presume should be identical to those buying from US. Warranty only valid once its launched in SG. But not confirmed.

best check thoroughly before you leave Japan.

wongkc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes I changed all to English. But you best have an English version for reference nearby. Or get help from a Japanese friend.

you need to:
1. Go to control panel and download English language pack
2. Switch display language to English
3. Finally switch default user account to English.

now mine hasn't a trace of Japanese words that I can see.

Thanks knave... what about international warranty? I'm monitoring the price in Amazon Japan now... if it drop to certain lvl will ask my relative to hoot and bring back during CNY... :p

haato89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For warranty, I presume should be identical to those buying from US. Warranty only valid once its launched in SG. But not confirmed.

best check thoroughly before you leave Japan.

I think that was confirmed by ms singapore on their fb page--someone bought his in hk

But yea should check la

miragez

Reaction score
Does anyone here have microsoft surface RT or Pro, that is facing audio problem after your device goes into sleep mode or standby

When you stream music or play music using metro apps such as Xbox music, Media monkey or others,

When your tablet goes to sleep mode or you manually put it to sleep mode does your audio have some kind of crackling distortion while the music is still playing ?

Do note, I mean in sleep mode or standby and playing music or audio metro apps

If you still not sure what I am asking, example, you have an andriod or iphone that is playing music and you put it to standby. While listening to the music does it has some kind of distortion after a period of time ?

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Got mine today!

gotten mine too!

went to challenger / harvey norman to source for keyboard.

super costly..

touch ones cost S$108

Type ones cost S$189.

gosh. dont know so costly for keyboard?

echoblue

Reaction score
Have you updated your OS to 8.1?

Does anyone here have microsoft surface RT or Pro, that is facing audio problem after your device goes into sleep mode or standby

When you stream music or play music using metro apps such as Xbox music, Media monkey or others,

When your tablet goes to sleep mode or you manually put it to sleep mode does your audio have some kind of crackling distortion while the music is still playing ?

If you still not sure what I am asking, example, you have an andriod or iphone that is playing music and you put it to standby. While listening to the music does it has some kind of distortion after a period of time ?

Lumizi

Reaction score

Mine don't have this problem

ClockWork

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gotten mine too!

went to challenger / harvey norman to source for keyboard.

super costly..

touch ones cost S$108

Type ones cost S$189.

gosh. dont know so costly for keyboard?

invest in a good one if you're using it for work/school. it's quite well worth the money IMO, if you're lugging it around often. i'm using the touch keyboard and it's difficult to get used to (coming from someone who types EVERYTHING in full english spelling), but the tablet is still a gem to have.

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

haato89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those going to Tokyo or has friends going,do check out Bic Camera shops there.

Just hoot a Surface Pro 2 there. Can claim tax rebate and if you pay via Visa, another 5% off. In total only paid around 90k yen for The 128gb version (around 1.15k sgd depending on the rates).

Didn't hoot the type keyboard as it's Japanese version.

I went to beo the japanese microsoft website and the type cover 2 keyboard looks perfectly normal leh (even the !@£$% on the number keys)--which is strange cos the jap version of other keyboards are usually different

if the keyboard is really the same i'll hoot in japan also--around 150 sgd which is still acceptable la

Last edited:

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
I went to beo the japanese microsoft website and the type cover 2 keyboard looks perfectly normal leh (even the !@£$% on the number keys)--which is strange cos the jap version of other keyboards are usually different

if the keyboard is really the same i'll hoot in japan also--around 150 sgd which is still acceptable la
Yeah the website looks the same, but you can only find the Japanese version in the shops. If you find one, help me buy! Lol. That purple type cover looks so delicious.

Btw, forgot to mention, the Japanese surface pro comes with Microsoft office 2013 home and business edition too I think. I saw the voucher in the box but all in Japanese...

ngensys2000

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come MS don't care about SG customers? Make us wait so long. They better bring down their price when it launches here.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
haizzz...just checked the Korean site out.
sadly they also got the 1st surface in September this year. doubt it will be anytime soon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.