Status
Not open for further replies.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi,
i got some issue.. i am download bt.
I using the same bt file on NAS and PC but my PC can download while the NAS is not moving.. anyone know why ah?

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 1512+ is being sold in Sim Lim? don't mind getting the older model I just need a 5 bay to backup everything I have on an even older 1511+

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
i just mailed ace peripheral. seems like the difference in price between sitex ($601) and normal ($764) is very big. any place selling cheaper?

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just mailed ace peripheral. seems like the difference in price between sitex ($601) and normal ($764) is very big. any place selling cheaper?

just wait for the next show. so far they are the only ones selling at that price point.

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
i was quoted $1400 before GST for bundle of DS414 and 4 x 3TB WD Red. Guess I shall see how long my existing HDDs can last b4 they ran out of space

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
Just hooted 1513+ and 5x 4TB Seagate NAS. Time to move everything over

Any idea how to have 2 Diskstations mirror each other exactly?

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
So anyway finally set up my new 1513+ and ready to transfer 4TB of data over from dying 1511+. After much consideration, from windows intermediate copy and paste, to rsync, I settled on using an ftp client from the new server, ftp is always the fastest based on my experience with FTP,NFS,Samba on other NASes.

SO installed ipkg to install lftp. Great thing about lftp is the 'mirror' command. Perfect, just call mirror on the directories you wish and BAM it works on its own. I've been moving some App ISOs, videos and Ebooks. The big stuff all move at 90+MB/s and I'm so surprised that even the small files are moving quickly. This backup job will be done in a jiffy.

Oh yah I decided to write this guide not only to inform about using ftp to run a full backup of your NAS to NAS but I also thought of reminding users to also install screen from ipkg (I think?). These TB scale file transfers will take time and you wouldn't want a disconnection on your SSH client to interrupt the session. So with screen, you can detach from the shell and let it run on its own, come back later and check on progress and eventually kill it when you're done.

So yeah, Synology is AWESOME!

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone using DX513 Expansion Unit?
My 1813+ with 8x 4tb hdds left 3TB

nanoprobe

Reaction score
looking for a new NAS, Synology offers how many years warranty? I assume same for all its lowest entry level NAS like 214se?

astro75

Reaction score
Hi,guys.
Any had issue browsing the DSM on phone or as hotspot using Singtel data?
Happen recently only,it just pull me out of the DSM about sometime and prompt :You don't had enough priviege.
If on laptop,totally cant login at all,after enter the ID and password.
Prompt:You are not authorised to use this service.

After I sent a feedback to synology,they had no issue logging in my DSM.
Then I try using my colleage Starhub data card,surprising NO issue.
So I believe it the issue with Singtel keep changing the ip?
Anyway I did not block any IP on my DSM.

quekky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So anyway finally set up my new 1513+ and ready to transfer 4TB of data over from dying 1511+. After much consideration, from windows intermediate copy and paste, to rsync, I settled on using an ftp client from the new server, ftp is always the fastest based on my experience with FTP,NFS,Samba on other NASes.

SO installed ipkg to install lftp. Great thing about lftp is the 'mirror' command. Perfect, just call mirror on the directories you wish and BAM it works on its own. I've been moving some App ISOs, videos and Ebooks. The big stuff all move at 90+MB/s and I'm so surprised that even the small files are moving quickly. This backup job will be done in a jiffy.

Oh yah I decided to write this guide not only to inform about using ftp to run a full backup of your NAS to NAS but I also thought of reminding users to also install screen from ipkg (I think?). These TB scale file transfers will take time and you wouldn't want a disconnection on your SSH client to interrupt the session. So with screen, you can detach from the shell and let it run on its own, come back later and check on progress and eventually kill it when you're done.

So yeah, Synology is AWESOME!
From my experience rsync daemon + rsync is the fastest, somemore can abort and continue later. But for those who dun wanna (or dunno how to) touch the cli, can use file station and mount another CIFS, then do a background copy and paste.

For sync between your 2 syno, you can consider the builtin "backup and restore", or the package "High Availability". Both are quite auto, no need to think so much.

For me I prefer GFS backup, so I use rsnapshot. It use rsync for backup, but keeps history too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.