Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To Joevyis,

This pricing is considered high even for concealed piping.
Should get the contractor to survey the site first before final quote.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello FireEmblem,

9000 BTU might be slightly undersize and as what Terumo says overworked.
My take would be a minimum of 12K BTU.

Noticed that you have just moved into your new place.
If your work area is in the living room, you might want to ensure that there is a kitchen door that can be closed in order to prevent the cool air from escaping into the kitchen. If there is no door, the coolness level will be affected as it will be distributed to the kitchen.
You will then need to factor for a larger area. (Some families we met do not have kitchen door installed) This goes for all the doors leading to all the bedrooms. Have it closed if your work area is in the living room.
If your work area is confined to a study, then no issue.

Since you will be using your unit 24/7, would suggest that you go for brands that are easily serviceable so that you can also do your own weekly maintenance for upkeep. Coupled with regular servicing, your unit will be kept in good condition to serve your usage needs.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi guys, for 25 square meter room, if using 24/7, 9000 BTU single split inverter enough? since on 24/7 means do not need to take into account the slow time required to cool the larger space right?

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea why aircon price differ so much?

Decided to buy toshiba aircon.

Gain city-3100 for sys 3
Natural cool-$4000 for sys 3
Best Tech- $3900 for sys 4

:eek::eek: Anyway the natural cool person sounded very unfriendly over the line. Gain city best, 2am ask for quote over email and 9am send me price

24Machine

Reaction score
Recommendation

Hi Guys! Need your opinion.

I recently went to Gaincity to look for a new sys 3.

They recommended LG, as parts are fully made in Korea.

Of course they also recommend Mitsubishi too but parts made in Thailand. And toshiba, parts made in Thailand and Japan.

LG $2,899, Mit $3,099, Tosh $3,199. But i also went to look at best denki and suddenly asking is Sharp good, cos they offer $2,799, and with the air nowadays, i quite interested in their ion technology. Which Sharp are able to clean the air at the same time.

I saw on LG website, they now having promo, their air-con comes with free robo vacuum cleaner which seems like an awesome deal!!

Anyone using Sharp? they good? Silent? The rest of the brands compare which is better? in-terms of function, energy efficiency and power. I don't mind paying a bit more, their prices aren't a big different.

Cheers!

Joevyis

Reaction score
Hi Guys! Need your opinion.

I recently went to Gaincity to look for a new sys 3.

They recommended LG, as parts are fully made in Korea.

Of course they also recommend Mitsubishi too but parts made in Thailand. And toshiba, parts made in Thailand and Japan.

LG $2,899, Mit $3,099, Tosh $3,199. But i also went to look at best denki and suddenly asking is Sharp good, cos they offer $2,799, and with the air nowadays, i quite interested in their ion technology. Which Sharp are able to clean the air at the same time.

I saw on LG website, they now having promo, their air-con comes with free robo vacuum cleaner which seems like an awesome deal!!

Anyone using Sharp? they good? Silent? The rest of the brands compare which is better? in-terms of function, energy efficiency and power. I don't mind paying a bit more, their prices aren't a big different.

Cheers!

Prefer Mitsubishi or Panasonic.

Here are the short description:/-

Panasonic - Quality, energy efficiency, and low-noise make it an affordable choice with great value.

Mitsubishi - Heating as well as cooling office and commercial environments, easier to clean. Electricity saving and dead silent.

Toshiba - Reliability, energy saving design, clean lines and attractive looks and for reducing complications on installation – all aimed at producing cost savings.

LG - Enable you to control the temperature in various parts of your building in a cost-effective manner.

Joevyis
~9237_7322~

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree lg is an awesome deal. Sell the robo vacuum for 300 and aircon cost 2.6k. Btw gaincity have an expo at year end

Btw the free vacuum apply to lg artcool. The 2.9k is lg artcool?

I emailed gain city and starmex sys 3 cost 3009.

Last edited:

Joevyis

Reaction score
Thanks Joevyis!

Anyone uses Sharp? Is Sharp good?

SHARP - Inverter Technology keep you prefectly cool while giving you immense value in the form of low power bills, also less prone to breakdowns.

Btw, there is negative reviews for Sharp AC..

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gain say LG artwork cost 3.5k.

lampano

The aircon contractor told me LG is the most problematic

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if I turn on one aircon, the electricity is it equivalent to turning on 3 room aircon since it the same compressor?

lvlaTr1X

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advice.. In July I installed a Daikin air con. After installation, somedays when I wake up I would sweat even though I set the air con at 22 degrees, I didn't give it much thought until recently when I give the contractor a call. Out of goodwill, he came down to take a look and said that my 1metre wardrobe cupboard is blocking the circulation of the cold air and that's why my bed side won't feel much cold air. As the circulation of the cold air goes back to the thermostat, so it stop the cooling unit.

He suggested to reposition the air con unit and there would be a charge of $150. Is this reasonable?

Edit: Its an invertor aircon btw

Last edited:

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
called coolserve. Very professional service by a guy called bryan 92770078. Talked for 17mins no obligation talk. I did not give him my contact

Quoted me ME sys 3 (mxy3a28/3msyge10) for $2953+change 0.5inch insulation for $250 and maybe need add piping for $160.

Is the company and price all right?

Last edited:

Joevyis

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advice.. In July I installed a Daikin air con. After installation, somedays when I wake up I would sweat even though I set the air con at 22 degrees, I didn't give it much thought until recently when I give the contractor a call. Out of goodwill, he came down to take a look and said that my 1metre wardrobe cupboard is blocking the circulation of the cold air and that's why my bed side won't feel much cold air. As the circulation of the cold air goes back to the thermostat, so it stop the cooling unit.

He suggested to reposition the air con unit and there would be a charge of $150. Is this reasonable?

For your info, around $100 can make it if the length of shift position is not long.
Btw, kindly advice if there is no other choice i/o reposition the AC unit??

Joevyis
~~9237___7322~~

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi guys,

if your air con not more then a year . Call 63118686 Daikin air con , free of charge and free checking your air con . They will take u some advice . :)

lvlaTr1X

Master Member
Reaction score
if your air con not more then a year . Call 63118686 Daikin air con , free of charge and free checking your air con . They will take u some advice . :)

yup, have called them to make an appointment for Friday, thanks for the advice.

lvlaTr1X

Master Member
Reaction score
For your info, around $100 can make it if the length of shift position is not long.
Btw, kindly advice if there is no other choice i/o reposition the AC unit??

Joevyis
~~9237___7322~~

The shifting position is about 1 metre..

terumo

Reaction score
To lvlaTr1X,
Daikin will not comment on installation issues.
They will just verify that their equipment is in normal working condition.

lvlaTr1X

Master Member
Reaction score
To lvlaTr1X,
Daikin will not comment on installation issues.
They will just verify that their equipment is in normal working condition.

understood, will just ask their opinion about the location of installation

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Nobody mention hitachi? My fren jus got his BTO, got a relative in hitachi and say can get good pricing. So to mention here that hitachi aint the best among Pana, ME and Tos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.