Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Kitchen Table at Sentosa Cove? Was quoted $500 for a year membership with $500 dining vouchers and 25% off dining for members. Sounds like a crappy deal.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I know what are the ongoing promotions for dinner at Marriot Cafe?
Intending to go with some friends before 2014.
TIA

CIMB World Card or VI Card

50% for 2; 33% for 3 and 25% for 4

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Between Edge, Line and Marriott, what will be the recommended for couple celebrating anniversary (weekend lunch/dinner)

IMHO

For variety, The Line bah

For consistency, Marriott

The Edge is in between

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seven Men and a Baby’s Sunday Brunch at Edge

The Sunday Brunch at Edge used to cost S$98++ per head but somehow, they have lowered the price to S$68++ minus the suckling pig and a few other items. This makes it even cheaper than their Friday and Saturday dinners which cost S$78++.

Note: Edge has since introduced the enhanced Sunday Champagne Brunch from 1st December 2013. Featuring an enticing seafood selections such as briny fresh Fines de Claire and Tsarskaya Oysters, Boston Lobsters and Alaskan King Crab. Newly-added highlights include Foie Gras with Confit of Mandarin Orange, Black Angus Beef Medallion, Suckling Pig, Risotto with Winter Truffle, Iberico Ham, an extensive cheese board and scintillating sweets, among others. For S$158++ per adult, you can have unlimited flow of alcoholic beverages including G.H. Mumm Blanc de Blancs Champagne, Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, cocktails, draft beers and local beverages.

0153-PanPacificSingapore.jpg

0154-PanPacificSingapore.jpg

I never knew they had a Rooftop Garden till I went up to level 4. Did not explored the garden though as it was drizzling on the morning I was there.

0155-PanPacificSingapore.jpg

0156-PanPacificSingapore.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last time I was at Edge was in January this year, then I was wondering why they never bothered to display any logo outside the restaurant. I see they have finally decided to place one on the pillar next to the reception.

0157-Edge.jpg

Edge
Pan Pacific Singapore, Level 3
7 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square
Singapore 039595
Tel: 6826 8240

0158-Edge.jpg

This Seating Area is suitable for couple as the tables aren't spaced too close together.

0159-Edge.jpg

0160-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lets cut to the chase and zoom in to the food. I always like to start off with the Seafood on Ice, maybe because the good stuffs disappeared fast. There were tiger prawn, two types of scallop, Boston lobster, oyster and Alaskan king crab.

0161-Edge.jpg

0162-Edge.jpg

0163-Edge.jpg

The Chilled Tiger Prawns were fresh but frankly, I would have it served hot from the steamer if given a choice.

0164-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Alaskan King Crab Legs came out much later after I have went one round taking photos. Even before the chef had a chance to put them on the ice, there were already diners queuing for it.

0165-Edge.jpg

The Boston Lobsters seem to have just arrived from the slimming centre, each spots a slender figure that would put most girls to shame. Taste wise, this would be the worst Boston lobster I have ever eaten. Not only are they too slim (not meaty), plus when you dig out the flesh, it came out in small pieces which was a case of none-too-fresh crustaceans.

0166-Edge.jpg

Two varieties of Scallop were provided, one with roe and a smaller one without the roe. A lady in front of me was cherry picking out those scallops with the biggest roe.

0167-Edge.jpg

Don’t ask me how the Oysters tasted like as I do not eat these large, fresh from the shell kind.

0168-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Beside the usual squeeze of lemon for the oysters or other chilled seafood, you can opt to dip them in the various Condiments. Sauces available were Red Chilli, Green Chilli, Shallot Vinaigrette, Thai Sweet Chilli, Wasabi Mayonnaise and Cocktail.

0169-Edge.jpg

0170-Edge.jpg

Tom Yam Soup Station had migrated from the hot food section to right next to the Seafood on Ice together with the other Thai dishes. Though I did not try it this time, the soup was "certified authentic" by our group of makan kakis the last round.

0171-Edge.jpg

0172-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Thai Salad Station comes with three pre-mixed salads. I am not sure if the condiments or spices in the pots were for show as there were no spoons around. I have not tried them out so I have no comments on the dishes.

0173-Edge.jpg

Thai Pomelo Salad - Look like it's just pomelo pulps with spices thrown in.

0174-Edge.jpg

Glass Noodle Salad - Cold tossed tang hoon (冬粉), anyone?

0175-Edge.jpg

The Thai Mango Salad looks good but I never did get the chance to try it as I was just too stuffed after making my rounds to the various buffet stations.

0176-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Japanese Station is located diagonally across the seafood station. The only slight variation was a couple of changes in the sushi department; otherwise the rest of the dishes remained the same as when the last time I was there.

0177-Edge.jpg

The four types of Sashimi available were Octopus, Salmon. Swordfish and Tuna. For the price I am paying, I would love to see a couple more selections like Sweet Prawn and/or Yellowtail in the menu.

0178-Edge.jpg

Tamago Sushi were fresh and pretty looking with the soothing yellow omelette surrounded by a layer of brown caramelisation, wrapped in nori to little bundles of rice.

0179-Edge.jpg

Assorted Sushi in a wooden ship shape serving platter. Nothing of interest to me as they were just the garden-variety fare.

0180-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With my dwindling appetite nowadays, I skipped over these sushi and rolls which included Pickled Mackerel Sushi, Spicy Salmon and California Maki.

0181-Edge.jpg

0182-Edge.jpg

0183-Edge.jpg

Dim Sum in Bamboo Steamers - Just avoid these dim sum as they were rather lacklustre in the taste department. Maybe they should have asked next door Hai Tien Lo's chefs to contribute some of their star dishes instead.

0184-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Roast and Noodle Station - Beside the roast items, I heard they also make a mean laksa. You can garnish it with additional toppings from the cold seafood section if you so desired. I have only one complaint about the roast meats, it's that they were cold from hanging in the aircon environment.

0185-Edge.jpg

0186-Edge.jpg

0187-Edge.jpg

Not sure how the soup fare as I did not try the Pork Rib with Lotus Root Soup.

0188-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Chinese Food Station has just 5 dishes, two stir-fries, two carbo and the Pork Rib with Lotus Root Soup I mentioned earlier.

0189-Edge.jpg

A medley of stir fried Seasonal Vegetables comprising of black fungus, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, button and straw mushrooms which I enjoyed.

0190-Edge.jpg

Stir Fried Roasted Pork - Most probably using the leftover meat from the Roast Station.

0191-Edge.jpg

The last two dishes in this section were Stir Fried Bee Tai Mak and Kway Teow which I duly avoided since they fill your tummy up fast.

0192-Edge.jpg

0193-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asian Food Station comes with a trio of spicy dishes ranging from fish and beef to chicken.

0194-Edge.jpg

Fish Spicy Belado - Snapper fillet cubed and deep dried before topping with belado; a chilli sauce of Indonesian origin.

0195-Edge.jpg

Beside the spices, to make a good Beef Rendang, it needs a lengthy cooking time over low heat to tenderize the meat.

0196-Edge.jpg

Spicy Chicken Turmeric with Coconut Gravy - This should be the usual kind you get at Malay stalls.

0197-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nasi Lemak only comes with achar (sweet and sour spicy pickled vegetables), peanut, crispy ikan bilis (anchovies) and two types of chilli sauce. Where is the crispy ikan kuning (gold-banded scad) or omelette? Needles to say, I skipped this dish.

0198-Edge.jpg

Satay Station - Satays are best eaten when hot and those here were grilled on the spot to ensure the freshness and yumminess. Don't forget to eat them, they were very good for restaurant standard.

0199-Edge.jpg

Assorted Crackers - I don't remembered seeing people pairing crackers with satays before so I am not sure why the restaurant place them here.

0200-Edge.jpg

Condiments for Satay - Chopped onion, cucumber and ketupat (rice cakes wrapped in a weaving pattern of coconut leaves) go hand in hand with satays. Dip them with the satays into the spicy and sweet peanut sauce, then into the mouth. Shiokness.

0201-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Satays and Otak - Only little batches of each satays were grilled at one time to ensure the diners get the freshest skewers of sweet meats. One seldom see otaks in a buffet, so I was presently surprized to find them in a buffet, let alone this big piece type.

0202-Edge.jpg

The Mutton Satay was the best out of the three types of satays the buffet offered. The meat wasn't dry and the sweet lightly spiced mutton, slightly charred on the outside was a treat to enjoy in the cool comfort of a restaurant.

0203-Edge.jpg

Chicken Satay came in a close second in the taste department. As we all know, chicken meat can be a bit light in flavours when it comes to satay but not these. The morsels of well marinated chicken meat were delightfully tender and flavourful, a plus point for it.

0204-Edge.jpg

Beef Satay did not fare too well as I found it to be on the tough side. Actually I have not had good beef satays before as many a time, the meat required a good set of teeth to chew them up. Maybe it's because of the lack of fats incorporated between the morsels of meat.

0205-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next up, Indian Station where there were quite a few curry dishes. There was also roti prata but it was not ready yet when I went around to take the photos.

0206-Edge.jpg

Fish Curry looks good but I did not sample it.

0207-Edge.jpg

Baby Corn and Green Peas Curry - Not my kind food. :D

0208-Edge.jpg

The Yellow Dhal seems to be quite a common sight when Indian dishes are offered.

0209-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This section of the Indian Station has three dishes in pots, including a rice dish.

0210-Edge.jpg

Fluffy basmati Briyani Rice to go with the curry dishes. This long-grain rice is gluten-free and low in fat. It contains all eight essential amino acids, folic acid, and is very low in sodium and has no cholesterol. For those looking to control their blood sugar level, basmati rice has a low to medium glycaemic index, meaning that energy is released at a slower, steadier rate leading to a more balanced level of energy.

Source

0211-Edge.jpg

Beside the rice is a pot of Lady Fingers Masala.

0212-Edge.jpg

Chicken Tikki are small pieces of boneless chicken baked using skewers in a clay-based oven called a tandoor after marinating in spices and yogurt. The word tikka means "bits" or "pieces".

Source

0213-Edge.jpg

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Western Food Station has quite a few dishes beside those shown below, including Pork Kunckle, Beef Beef Medallion and a couple more which I did not have photos of.

By the time I took this photo of the Slow Cooked Salmon Fillet, only four pieces of the salmon were left.

0214-Edge.jpg

Loved the Sauteed Asparagus but would preferred they used those thinner stalks.

0215-Edge.jpg

Duck Breast were lightly charred on the outside but still moist and succulent on the inside.

0216-Edge.jpg

I did not try the Baked Chicken Breast so no comment.

0217-Edge.jpg

Potato Wedges were pretty flavourful and crispy but just don't eat too much of it.

0218-Edge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.