(Official Thread) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - August 27th - $24 Pre-Order!! - Part 2

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone managed to clear Ultima without a caster L3LB for the last phase's massive lasers? :s22::s13:

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LB 3 is a max? :s22:

Or is it possible to clear a side, stand there and tahan till the AOE is over? :s13:

no leh I believe if you don't clear all the lasers in time before Ultima chut his full map AoE ulti confirm wipe.

LB3 Meteor will probably instant clear half a side which is good enough.

amoro123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no leh I believe if you don't clear all the lasers in time before Ultima chut his full map AoE ulti confirm wipe.

LB3 Meteor will probably instant clear half a side which is good enough.

I wanna tell the Jap PUG players regarding this.

That if its possible to dont use LB on the 1st sets of lasers since they all quite near each other. But... :s22:

Its quite a good fight for ultimate.
How I wish this mode is inside the story mode instead of the lousy one.
Will make the ending much more satisfying.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanna tell the Jap PUG players regarding this.

That if its possible to dont use LB on the 1st sets of lasers since they all quite near each other. But... :s22:

Dafag are they so cui that they have to use LB on that :s13:

Yesterday first time try Ultima but was a late night Pug. DPS all our FC, tanks and healers seems to be friends and Jap.

Surprisingly the team did very well but because no caster at all, keep cannot clear that mass laser phase :(

The best we can do is like kill everything left 3-4 then Ultima's ulti wipe us :(

amoro123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got mage in team.

Haiz... Too lazy to type and google translate to Jap, also its for the 1st time for everyone, just felt pai seh to talk.

Also for tank, I think can tahan till 4 stack, they want 3 stack.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, Ultima is actually not that difficult. I think Titan HM might be even easier in a sense.

I mean, anything before that mass laser phase is super easy and predictable to the point it's scripted, more scripted than Titan HM. No reason to jiak anything serious. First part Garuda's cone AoE can siam, the gale just stand at the extreme outer circle, once the AoE circle line is gone, sidestep all the way to the end of the map and geocrush deals few hundred dmg nia

plume-weigh just position at 2/3 of the map just walk in and out

bombs also nothing serious damage, healers don't need to do heal fest like Titan HM P4 tumult :s13:

And that laser crap won't come until he left with like 10-15% HP :s13:

amoro123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats why I felt should just cancel away the lousy Ultimate fight in the end, switch with HM.

Players playing the last Duty quest of the story will have a memorial end. Haha.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats why I felt should just cancel away the lousy Ultimate fight in the end, switch with HM.

Players playing the last Duty quest of the story will have a memorial end. Haha.

Average item level 61 leh, you want those AF armour guys to die ah :s13:

amoro123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay la. Damage lower down to the equipment level lor.

But mechanics and fights still there.

Ultimate eaten 3 primal, should at least this kinda of level.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one seems to be interested in PVP around here.

After 57 games, I think it's safe to comment on it. Surprisingly, DRG and MNK especially really are the flavors of the month, they shine in the PVP arena with crazy burst damage. Generally for tank, warrior is preferred due to the higher damage output.

PVP is a mez fest now, every game involves a lot of disables spell. With a good BLM who can multitask well, expect big damage and a lot of sleep too. Bards and melees are extremely good to harass the healers as their attacks interrupt casters channelling spells (and if you're thinking of speccing Sure Cast, forget it). SCH seems to have a bit of slight edge over WHM as they could dps better and their pet could heal as well. The healers' game is kinda sad but as expected; we tend to get gank and zerg most of the time, so it is mostly about kiting and wasting opponents' time while the rest of team focus fire on their kill target. With the absence of a good blm, it's also the healers' job to Swift Cast-Repose to disable opponents' team. And of course, Esuna to get your teammates out of sleep, blind, stun, silence and other crap. Lastly, if you're a SMN - tough luck bro, chances are you will be zerged down faster than you can type "white mage".

On PVP gears, the general rule of thumb as far as my observation goes is if you are wearing your current BIS PVE gears, there is no reason to purchase any PVP gears below ilvl 90. Only ilvl90 PVP gears are worthy to replace BIS PVE gears, and the weapon costs around 8K Wolf Marks, so happy saving. At 57 games and 29 wins (many losses due to noob and clueless pugs), I have approximate 1.7k Wolf Marks - so go work out the sums, you will probably need 500 games just for the weapon :s13:

PVP has an unique and individual set of skills (general skills and class-specific skills) and stats to unlock. Every rank you gain will allow you 1 AP point, and every stat (VIT, MND, DEX and etc) and skill costs 3 AP points to unlock. Can't comment much since I'm only rank 9. But do get "Purify" as your first skill, it is your only break spell when you are put on a 30s sleep. I forgot to mention debuffs have a diminishing return as per PVE content.

If you find this post informative, like it biatches :vijayadmin:

amoro123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many things to do.

No chance to try out PvP yet.

This morning just mine a lv45 map. Will go try treasure hunting. Haha.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one seems to be interested in PVP around here.

After 57 games, I think it's safe to comment on it. Surprisingly, DRG and MNK especially really are the flavors of the month, they shine in the PVP arena with crazy burst damage. Generally for tank, warrior is preferred due to the higher damage output.

PVP is a mez fest now, every game involves a lot of disables spell. With a good BLM who can multitask well, expect big damage and a lot of sleep too. Bards and melees are extremely good to harass the healers as their attacks interrupt casters channelling spells (and if you're thinking of speccing Sure Cast, forget it). SCH seems to have a bit of slight edge over WHM as they could dps better and their pet could heal as well. The healers' game is kinda sad but as expected; we tend to get gank and zerg most of the time, so it is mostly about kiting and wasting opponents' time while the rest of team focus fire on their kill target. With the absence of a good blm, it's also the healers' job to Swift Cast-Repose to disable opponents' team. And of course, Esuna to get your teammates out of sleep, blind, stun, silence and other crap. Lastly, if you're a SMN - tough luck bro, chances are you will be zerged down faster than you can type "white mage".

On PVP gears, the general rule of thumb as far as my observation goes is if you are wearing your current BIS PVE gears, there is no reason to purchase any PVP gears below ilvl 90. Only ilvl90 PVP gears are worthy to replace BIS PVE gears, and the weapon costs around 8K Wolf Marks, so happy saving. At 57 games and 29 wins (many losses due to noob and clueless pugs), I have approximate 1.7k Wolf Marks - so go work out the sums, you will probably need 500 games just for the weapon :s13:

PVP has an unique and individual set of skills (general skills and class-specific skills) and stats to unlock. Every rank you gain will allow you 1 AP point, and every stat (VIT, MND, DEX and etc) and skill costs 3 AP points to unlock. Can't comment much since I'm only rank 9. But do get "Purify" as your first skill, it is your only break spell when you are put on a 30s sleep. I forgot to mention debuffs have a diminishing return as per PVE content.

If you find this post informative, like it biatches :vijayadmin:

Not interested in PvP but nice info :s13:

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many things to do.

No chance to try out PvP yet.

This morning just mine a lv45 map. Will go try treasure hunting. Haha.

Not interested in treasure hunting unless it gives very good rewards (20k gils lol) :s13:

Not interested in PvP but nice info :s13:

Moi pway games for pvp :(

I'm only interested in PVE progression and PVP.. everything else is just distraction :(

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe got crafting mats, minions, tomes.

I hate crafting :vijayadmin:
I don't put on any minions, too troublesome to keep it up :vijayadmin:
I got better ways to farm tomes :vijayadmin:

Would try to do the daily beastman tribes' quests though (if they don't take up too much time).

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not interested in treasure hunting unless it gives very good rewards (20k gils lol) :s13:

Moi pway games for pvp :(

I'm only interested in PVE progression and PVP.. everything else is just distraction :(

IDK leh Final Fantasy has always been a PvE/RPG kind of game to me, so I'm just going to skip PvP.

Too many things to do I think for now. I still want to play other games though, so I'll just do my daily duty roulette for bonus, cap myth tomes, run EM/CT/BC and get my loot and tio lock out then I can do something else for the week away from the game.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to gear my paladin but Zara and Marcus keep on bo peng chance, got il90 liao still don't let me kio il80 stuff :sad:

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IDK leh Final Fantasy has always been a PvE/RPG kind of game to me, so I'm just going to skip PvP.

Too many things to do I think for now. I still want to play other games though, so I'll just do my daily duty roulette for bonus, cap myth tomes, run EM/CT/BC and get my loot and tio lock out then I can do something else for the week away from the game.

They say FF storwee ish beri goot.. but I skipped every cutscene and dialogue :s13:

FF14 is my only game now, but play time is still limited due to work/social life.. so LLST.. I just plan to duty roulette one time a day to cap myth and get some phils.. do some daily quest like tribes soon.. then spend the rest of the time when not raiding.. pvping..

Knn at least PVP linbeh see progress.. our PVE stuck T5 not moving, I also feel sian..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.