Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chakuman

Banned
Reaction score
For the benefits of those who don't read Straits Times:

image.jpg

The message about the flexibility of placing a tv set without being constrained by the location of the tv point is valid. One example I can quote is in the older 3 rm hdb flat with common corridor. By floor layout the tv set can be placed either at the corridor side or the kitchen side. As only one tv point was provided then, it had to be at either end of the hall.

Web version of this article: Getting ready for digital TV: MDA replies

hwsinn

Reaction score
TBS tuner~ do note that their dvb-t2 is not ver 1.3.1 but can use as dvb-t/c~

Wow not cheap eh?
btw what software is that

Thinking of getting the daiyo as a antenna for my current dvb-t tv tuner~

Last edited:

hwsinn

Reaction score
Ok, a picture paints a thousand words :)

does it mean i can connect to any TV or tv with DVB-T tuners?
Cos it connects via Coax cable but then what does the TV has to do? Set to Digital, or Analogue scan?

seehong

Reaction score
MediaCorp Digital TV reception in Johor using Draco

I stay in Kulai 32km north of Johor Bahru. I am using a rooftop outdoor antenna with booster. Just bought the Draco and connected it to my antenna and HD TV. I can receive all HD channels and SD channels clearly without interferences. Before this I could only get HD5, SD8, CNA and very bad Channel U. Now I can get digital channel U plus all the SD channels.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Glad that you got yours working too :)

Ok, your TV is speaking Korean because you're on digital now. Before that you're using analogue, so when you watched a Korean drama, it will be defaulted to Mandarin for all Samsung TVs (including mine).

Now that you're on digital, you'll need to go to the "Tools" to setup your default audio language from "undefined" to "Chinese" and you're good to go. The setting will be permanent even if you off your TV.

Ok, tried it. Thanks

But analogue channels still not watchable because of snowing

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
Ok, tried it. Thanks

But analogue channels still not watchable because of snowing

Analogue sure not very watchable from indoor antenna. Unless you place it in a good location, good height and facing the transmission tower. Even then also, the Daiyo might not have good directivity.

In any case, you are already enjoying the 7 channels in clear digital, why would u want analogue reception too bro?

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does it mean i can connect to any TV or tv with DVB-T tuners?
Cos it connects via Coax cable but then what does the TV has to do? Set to Digital, or Analogue scan?

This antenna is for TVs with built-in digital tuners. Set to analogue for what? Analogue can provide full HD? :s22:

hwsinn

Reaction score
This antenna is for TVs with built-in digital tuners. Set to analogue for what? Analogue can provide full HD? :s22:

meaning for DVB-T tuners?
i intend to connect to TV tuner card on PC which supports DVB-T
so will this work?

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone facing issues with Channel 8 HD at this moment? stuttering sia...haiz

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
I stay in Kulai 32km north of Johor Bahru. I am using a rooftop outdoor antenna with booster. Just bought the Draco and connected it to my antenna and HD TV. I can receive all HD channels and SD channels clearly without interferences. Before this I could only get HD5, SD8, CNA and very bad Channel U. Now I can get digital channel U plus all the SD channels.
Enjoy:)...Has Malaysia started already?

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Channel 8 non HD has many interruption this few days.

Just now watching non HD channel 8 there were some stuttering, ytd there were instances where HD signal kept getting lost, quite ok today in the evening, not sure now.

meaning for DVB-T tuners?
i intend to connect to TV tuner card on PC which supports DVB-T
so will this work?

Should work. It is just a powered antenna for HD broadcast. Nothing too complicated.

osmond19

Reaction score
My 1 yr +++ plus LG 42LM5800 comes with DVB-T tuner and not DVB-T2 tuner and I connected to a simple wire antenna and I can only get 8(SD), 5(SD), CNA(SD) and 5(HD). No Channel U, OKTO and etc...

Is it normal cos the tuner is DVB-T and not DVB-T2?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Channel 8 non HD has many interruption this few days.
Just now watching non HD channel 8 there were some stuttering, ytd there were instances where HD signal kept getting lost, quite ok today in the evening, not sure now.
This could be a sign of signal quality not so good. Instead of the pixelation and no picture (cliff) effect in T format when the signal quality is poor, the T2 format shows effect as pictures freeze (stuttering).

Verify by doing a manual scan for chan 31 (ch8 HD) and chan38 (ch8 SD). Check for signal strength and quality.

Please feed back for general awareness.

seehong

Reaction score

Should work. It is just a powered antenna for HD broadcast. Nothing too complicated.

ya I had the same problems earlier too..

seehong

Reaction score
Enjoy:)...Has Malaysia started already?

No, we r slower for free to air digital broadcast though we have paid Astro in HD a few years already.
But the lucky ppl in Johor can get your Spore digital broadcast with the right equipment like the Draco STB.

hwsinn

Reaction score
My 1 yr +++ plus LG 42LM5800 comes with DVB-T tuner and not DVB-T2 tuner and I connected to a simple wire antenna and I can only get 8(SD), 5(SD), CNA(SD) and 5(HD). No Channel U, OKTO and etc...

Is it normal cos the tuner is DVB-T and not DVB-T2?

Yep, exact same situation as me. We have DVB-T. We need T2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.