United airlines is it any good?

mel_01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheapest I can find which fly direct to Narita during jan period. Any advise?

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't expect anything fancy from this airline. Prefer Delta over united.

coldkey

Reaction score
Not as good as others in service but united has one of the best mileage programs. The mileage accrued will not expire if you have activity in your account in 18 months period, either getting or using points. Mileage can be used to redeem for flights under star alliance pqrtners including SIA. You can also get mileage flying on other star alliance partners.

mel_01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks for all info :) heard jan is also the coldest mth. Will temp actually drop to 0 or snow? Am somewhat afraid of cold lol

fuzzybear

Master Member
Reaction score
Thks for all info :) heard jan is also the coldest mth. Will temp actually drop to 0 or snow? Am somewhat afraid of cold lol

Tokyo won't drop to minus range and snow is rare
Mostly hover around 0 or 1 to 10 in winter

The peak winter mostly Is frm jan to march

mynameisjon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not as good as others in service but united has one of the best mileage programs. The mileage accrued will not expire if you have activity in your account in 18 months period, either getting or using points. Mileage can be used to redeem for flights under star alliance pqrtners including SIA. You can also get mileage flying on other star alliance partners.

United award travels are increasing next year. No longer the best.

Also, when booking a United airlines flight, always use a credit card and make sure you can afford to have double or triple the total amount charged to the card. United airlines is famous for double/triple charging for tickets because they do the following:

1. Put a hold for ticket amount on your card.
2. Deduct amount for the ticket, even though the hold is still there.
3. If you are unlucky, the hold the amount again.

Eventually the amount held is released, but for 2 to 3 weeks you'll be looking at a reduced credit limit.

albertchng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm flying Delta on economy class to Narita on 24 Jan 2014 for SGD621 (round trip).

I just checked United on the same class, same date and same destination, they are charging SGD780 (round trip).

So which one is cheaper?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
United award travels are increasing next year. No longer the best.

Also, when booking a United airlines flight, always use a credit card and make sure you can afford to have double or triple the total amount charged to the card. United airlines is famous for double/triple charging for tickets because they do the following:

1. Put a hold for ticket amount on your card.
2. Deduct amount for the ticket, even though the hold is still there.
3. If you are unlucky, the hold the amount again.

Eventually the amount held is released, but for 2 to 3 weeks you'll be looking at a reduced credit limit.

I see, never knew about that. Thanks for the tip. I only have 10k miles in UA. Nothing much I can do with it except keep accumulating bit by bit to not let it expire.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm flying Delta on economy class to Narita on 24 Jan 2014 for SGD621 (round trip).

I just checked United on the same class, same date and same destination, they are charging SGD780 (round trip).

So which one is cheaper?

If it comes down to price wouldn't Delta be cheaper in this case? Nowadays there's good promos for budget airlines as well like Scoot. Though there's a stopover in TPE, if it's a good price and you're flexible on timing, why not?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.