Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i only get softer audio for DVB-T2 5(HD) when selected "Dolby D+" audio track.
that is not really audio prob... but because of 5.1 surround supported by the tv.

for tv that supports Dolby Surround (eg. Sony, Samsung, LG etc), when 5(HD) outputs 6 audio channels, ur tv will output softer audio due to the sound is split into 6 speakers.
if ur tv does not support Dolby, either u get no sound, or extra loud sound (due to 6 channels downmix to 2 channels).

For my case it is quite weird.. On "5 (HD)" (T), I can hear Dolby D+ audio track very well. On "Ch 5 (HD)" (T2), I receive 3 audio tracks "English, Undefined, Undefined" Only one of the "Undefined" channel could be heard and sound is very muffled.

On "Ch 8 (HD)" and "Ch U" both also 2 "Undefined" audio tracks.. donno issit my box problem

cskhoo

Reaction score
just chking if anyone able to receive digital channels using daiyo indoor antennas in choa chu kang area?

singpal

Reaction score
For my case it is quite weird.. On "5 (HD)" (T), I can hear Dolby D+ audio track very well. On "Ch 5 (HD)" (T2), I receive 3 audio tracks "English, Undefined, Undefined" Only one of the "Undefined" channel could be heard and sound is very muffled.

On "Ch 8 (HD)" and "Ch U" both also 2 "Undefined" audio tracks.. donno issit my box problem

is yours those china brand dvb-t2? i have the same problem with the sound like you,guess is hardware or software limitations, nothing to do with the signal. recorded tv program will sound crisp n clear when play thru pc or other media player.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Just purchased the Daiyo antenna an connected to to my DVB-t2 capable Sony tv today. I live in AMK. TV is located on the grd floor. I can only detect (auto scan) only 2 digital channels ( 5 & Suria). These two HD channels quality is good and clear.
I tried to use a combo tv plug for
1) Wall tv outlet & for analog channels
2) Daiyo antenna for digital channels.
Unfotunately, it did not quote work out as the analog channels becomes quite snow-ee. I have to unplug the Daiyo antenna to get back a acceptable quality for the analog channels.

Maybe suggest to use a switcher would be good. I wonder Daiyo suit me also.. like to have HD channels then to wait till 2015.

St00ky

Banned
Reaction score
is it possible to route the scv cable point in my room to the HDB rooftop antenna? i can't receive the new digital channels using the draco box in sengkang

JazzFreaky

Reaction score
just bought, i am not able to receive anything in cck :(

Did u use power adapter for the antenna? At first I was using the antenna without power, nothing shown, tried power and did auto scan, finally all HD channels appeared.

Last edited:

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After many queries by peeps i built HTPCs for, an update by Hauppague Singapore on the locally available Nanostick-T2. Summary/takeaway : await updated version that is v 1.3.1 and compatible with local channels (scheduled to be out Jan 2014)^^

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is yours those china brand dvb-t2? i have the same problem with the sound like you,guess is hardware or software limitations, nothing to do with the signal. recorded tv program will sound crisp n clear when play thru pc or other media player.

Ya china T2 box :eek:

merc

Reaction score
Please turn on the power of your daiyo antenna. Need power to connect to FTA channels.

yiyiday

Reaction score
After many queries by peeps i built HTPCs for, an update by Hauppague Singapore on the locally available Nanostick-T2. Summary/takeaway : await updated version that is v 1.3.1 and compatible with local channels (scheduled to be out Jan 2014)^^

Hmmm..... Wondering why some people is watching tv on small screen computer? A tuner card or usb stick is much more expensive than a set top box.

Marbok_Tan

Banned
Reaction score
help! just bought draco HDT2-7300 from courts and i am unable to receive any of the digital channels! the set top box DVB-T2 version is 1.1.5. is that why i can't receive receive any DVB-T2 channels?

coedes

Reaction score
help! just bought draco HDT2-7300 from courts and i am unable to receive any of the digital channels! the set top box DVB-T2 version is 1.1.5. is that why i can't receive receive any DVB-T2 channels?

the draco model is listed on MDA's website, though if u click the product info link, it shows DVBT2 Standard V 1.3.1. but actually if it is sold in courts, it shld be 'MDA endorsed' right?

http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/DigitalTV/Pages/DVBT2StereoReceiver.aspx

http://www.skycomsatellite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.