-=OFFICIAL=- EDMW PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score
Then moi have to leave thread :(

Seriously lately having thoughts giving up photography, feeling stressed out and not improving nor heading anywhere, kind of tired.

Thinking of selling all my equipment.

have you thought about doing something fun in photography for a change, like instead of shooting professionally?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is HIS fault for failing to know. Deducting S$40 is a good lesson for him to learn. Why the fish you need to pay back??
Sometimes, we just try to be nice, everybody just making a livelihood, give and take lor.

There's once I got more than a discount of what I asked for at CP... next time I went back, they also asked if I can top up the balance, I did. I don't see why I shouldn't.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh maybe because I'm just wearing a simple shirt and pants and look too young to afford anything of value to them "

Some truths... but I always wear like karang guni go TK or CP and even to buy my car...

So far so good, only once ... Fujitsu didn't bother to hiew me when I was looking for notebooks... that was many years ago.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
keke... not going into DSLR anymore lah. old liao..wrist cannot handle heavy weight. :(
Me use D4 + 24-70 + SB9x0 = wrist pain...

Nowadays I shoot prefer using D600 + 24-70 + SB-9x0, can last a day.

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score
Some truths... but I always wear like karang guni go TK or CP and even to buy my car...

So far so good, only once ... Fujitsu didn't bother to hiew me when I was looking for notebooks... that was many years ago.

Next time should wear my smart 4 to hoot camera stuff :s12::s12:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
J316 stock all get from TK foto or alan photo. The boss is friendly but his too biase toward canon and olympus liao.

TK foto, i always buy from the same uncle as he always serve me right.

Click! I dun dare to step in there. I think too atas liao there.

J316 boss is ok..., always waves to me when I pass by, very friendly, downside is they are not authorised dealers for the equipment(s) but still they have their own customers.

CP changed a bit... a lot of young blood who don't know anything...

TK almost the same, regulars find it easy to get served and service, lately, all the new customers find their attitude down the drain.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have you thought about doing something fun in photography for a change, like instead of shooting professionally?
I have tried, but unlike many here, I can hardly breakthrough anything new... also working with a co-partner in photography business seems to take a toil especially with very unrealistic expectations given the money we're collecting...

I don't know if I can still sustain interest in this area given that my skills and photography has reached a stagnant stage. :(

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
J316 stock all get from TK foto or alan photo. The boss is friendly but his too biase toward canon and olympus liao.

I have nothing against J316, they are nice in their own ways...and yes, I know where they get their stocks from. :D

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes, we just try to be nice, everybody just making a livelihood, give and take lor.

There's once I got more than a discount of what I asked for at CP... next time I went back, they also asked if I can top up the balance, I did. I don't see why I shouldn't.

If say in a nice way, yes, i will be more than happy to pay back that diff. But if using the tone that indigo mentioned, sorry, you won't be getting anything from me. Give and take sometime also must see situations.

Until now Click! still impress me the most. Went to buy lens, took out my setup, they can still say "wah ur lens a bit dirty let me clean it for you". Took out a mat, remove my lens, place the lens on the mat and start to clean. Even remove the filter and clean for me. And best of all, that lens they clean i didn't even bought from them. And NO, i wasn't the only customer inside the shop. This is what i call service.

Never have i encounter negative service from them before, even tot i dun always buy from them.

Seems like i am promoting Click! but no, their service really impress me.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi like to relax when go shopping so always karang guni style... I go orchard also in that style... my friend BTH me...

same same, I always wear no fashion style like my friend. all see me no up but until I show my wisdom then all diam diam liao. For me I like street casual style

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score
You have any idea of the staff name & roughly when it happened?

I know sometimes they are not in the best of facial expressions when attempting to reply enquiries, but this is certainly very bad.

Eh, no idea because my friend went there and I wasn't around. That was like in May, not sure if there are any changes in customer service since then.

Last sunday, I went there to hoot a sirui clamp and I was served by an uncle, attitude was quite okay, he was eager to explain some important points to note on purchasing the clamp. He asked me what ball head I was using before confirming the purchase because the screw thread size was different on other ballhead brands and etc..

I just TKFoto's service is kind of a hit and miss. :s13::s13:

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score

their store jin swee, don't dare to step in if i go alone :s13:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
K buying all my Nikon stuff at click! HDTV time

If say in a nice way, yes, i will be more than happy to pay back that diff. But if using the tone that indigo mentioned, sorry, you won't be getting anything from me. Give and take sometime also must see situations.

Until now Click! still impress me the most. Went to buy lens, took out my setup, they can still say "wah ur lens a bit dirty let me clean it for you". Took out a mat, remove my lens, place the lens on the mat and start to clean. Even remove the filter and clean for me. And best of all, that lens they clean i didn't even bought from them. And NO, i wasn't the only customer inside the shop. This is what i call service.

Never have i encounter negative service from them before, even tot i dun always buy from them.

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
keke... not going into DSLR anymore lah. old liao..wrist cannot handle heavy weight. :(
When I switch to omd I also think this way but omd can't give me what I want
Plus omd long exposure very noisy

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

When the shop is crowded, overpacked, you see they will do it or not...

Everytime I go back to my optician at J8, she also insists to remove my glasses and clean for me despite I'm there to buy contact lenses @_@

Think she likes me. :s13:

But that said... service is about going the extra mile, but overdoing it can be exhaustive... even my car tyre workshop also... now service getting slower and not as good as last time. I just accept it...

Nowadays, got service, I laugh liao...don't need extra service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.