Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisti

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am also using the draco box together with the round antenna with MDA certified label. totally can't get anything in bishan. anyone using this draco box manage to get it work?

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
ya its MDA endorsed. but when i check the software version it is stated DVB-T2 HD V1.1.5 leh

1.1.5 is likely the revision number of Draco's software running on the box

Shouldn't be confused with the DVB-T2 standard v1.3.1
That is the DVB-T2 standard that the receiver must comply with

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
i am also using the draco box together with the round antenna with MDA certified label. totally can't get anything in bishan. anyone using this draco box manage to get it work?

One member had the same problem you were facing when using the packaged antenna that comes with the Draco box.

If I recall, he called Skycom to report it, they came to his place with diagnostic measurement tools to determine the signal strength coming from that antenna. It was poor.

They brought along a better antenna. And he was able to receive all the digital channels. He bought the antenna they brought along on the spot!

I know another member who managed to get the T2 signals in Bishan.
He's using a DVB-T2 capable TV though. With the Daiyo Indoor Antenna.

coedes

Reaction score

some have noted it may b problem w antenna, in addition to your location/placing. hence if u able to borrow or buy the daiyo antenna mayb can try hooking up to your draco box instead of the round antenna.

don't think anyone has stated whether this works or not.

Marbok_Tan

Banned
Reaction score
1.1.5 is likely the revision number of Draco's software running on the box

Shouldn't be confused with the DVB-T2 standard v1.3.1
That is the DVB-T2 standard that the receiver must comply with

then perhaps my area sengkang has no DVB-T2 coverage yet? can't get any channels no matter how i place the antenna. or i should get a better antenna

coedes

Reaction score
One member had the same problem you were facing when using the packaged antenna that comes with the Draco box.

If I recall, he called Skycom to report it, they came to his place with diagnostic measurement tools to determine the signal strength coming from that antenna. It was poor.

They brought along a better antenna. And he was able to receive all the digital channels. He bought the antenna they brought along on the spot!

so it's true tt Draco/Skcom free antenna CMI? do u know how much he had to pay for the new antenna? Am thinking of getting a set top box for my room TV without inbuilt tuner, but so far reading some neg feedback on Draco box

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
so it's true tt Draco/Skcom free antenna CMI? do u know how much he had to pay for the new antenna? Am thinking of getting a set top box for my room TV without inbuilt tuner, but so far reading some neg feedback on Draco box

I won't comment whether it's CMI or not. Coz it might work for those who live very close to the transmission tower. Where the signal strength is very good and even a very low gain antenna can capture the signals very well. *shrugs*

If I remember correctly, he paid $39 for it. You gotta search the thread some pages back to check it out. I think there was a picture of it too. And the brand name.

P/S:
It's at Page 18. Post #257. It's a Margon 2.0.

Does your room have access to the HDB/condo MATV wall point? (assuming you stay in one)

Last edited:

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
then perhaps my area sengkang has no DVB-T2 coverage yet? can't get any channels no matter how i place the antenna. or i should get a better antenna

Outdoor coverage is island-wide already.
But indoor, is subjective.

You live in a condo/HDB/landed in Sengkang?
If condo/HDB, does your flat in Sengkang have the MATV on the rooftop?

If yes, please try connecting to it.

Marbok_Tan

Banned
Reaction score
Outdoor coverage is island-wide already.
But indoor, is subjective.

You live in a condo/HDB/landed in Sengkang?
If condo/HDB, does your flat in Sengkang have the MATV on the rooftop?

If yes, please try connecting to it.

HDB in sengkang. The MATV in my flat has been removed by the contractor during renovations. Already called Skycom to fix an appointment liao

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

if u read this thread from the beginning... many of us early birds have managed to get it worked.
the problem is the antenna and signal reception, nothing to do with the set-top box. draco is the only official set-top box listed in MDA website, so the box is confirmed to work... but antenna may not.

SilveR1_09

Reaction score
@merc
What was your expected end result?
Coz the 7 DVB-T2 digital FTA channels are already obtained by your Daiyo I presume?

What were u looking for from the SCV point?
RTM TV1? SuperSports Arena? StarHub Test and StarHub Preview.
Those are the other 4 channels available thru the SCV point other than the 7 FTA from MediaCorp.

Last edited:

merc

Reaction score
Well for my area, sometimes the digital channels are unstable.

Wanted the combiner to work in both ways incase digital channels fail as got old folks at home watching when I'm not around.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
I got this combiner from ebay.

Channel Plus 2534 Splitter Combiner 4 WAY FOR TV Antenna Cable 1 GHZ Bandwidth | eBay

I had attached my house SCV point (no MATV block) and my Daiyo EU1207. Only the below appears, rest of the channel either distorted or no signal

Daiyo antenna : Suria HD, CH 5 HD
SCV Point :analog OKTO, CNA, CH U

Anyone wants to take over please pm me, maybe you got better luck.
Not trying to spoil market, but the combiner does not work as you intended.

Details in my post #437 in this thread.

A better alternative is to use an a/b antenna switch as mentioned in the same post.

Although I don't need the a/b switch, I am buying one to test it out.

Booker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HDB in sengkang. The MATV in my flat has been removed by the contractor during renovations. Already called Skycom to fix an appointment liao
Living @ hougang and I'm unable to receive T2 signals. Anyone around hougang/sengkang area able to get the T2 signals? I can only receive DVB-T signals. Using HDB rooftop antenna.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Cheap & Good Indoor Antenna

This is a cheap and good indoor antenna - if you still can find it:
P1030972a_1.jpg

If you don't see the pic, pleas click on this link.

I have tested it against the free indoor antenna provided with Draco stb. The old fashioned one thrashed it in terms of performance without a doubt.

In my bedroom, the Draco easily picked up all the 7 new T2 signals, with excellent signal stength (ST) and (PQ) in channels 27, 29 and 31. But it was unable to pick up chan 38 T broadcast. Using the supplied antenna booster increased the ST slightly but at the expense of a drop in PQ. Chan 38 could not be picked up also.

With the old antenna, signals were almost perfect in ST and PQ for chan 27, 29 and 31. Chan 38 could be pick up too.

In the hall, considerable difficulty was encounter to capture signals in all the three T2 channels, with or without booster for the Draco.

On the other hand, the old antenna easily picked up all the 4 channels, no sweat.

For those using Draco supplied antenna, you can try using an extension coaxial cable (male to female sockets) for more flexibility in locating for the best spot.

Edit : Location in Bishan near Bishan Park.
Picture quality (PQ) should read as Signal Quality (SQ)

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So guys, I ask a question:

So far, are there any PC tuner cards that are DVB-T2 v1.3.1 compliant that allows one to watch TV or record TV to watch later?

razo2004

Reaction score
Anyone can enlighten...had tried my mio tv set up box screen setting to 720p or 1080i , able to receive HD5 and other HD channel with full screen.( no letterbox on top & bottom) but when come to channel8 & non HD channel it is display in 4:3 format...
Any ways that It can auto detect & display in 16:9?? thks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.