SUSS July 2014 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

gunners46

Reaction score
yes full load every sem, but if u had relevant engineering background, can get exemption of up to 20cu.

recommend to plan the academic route, because not all modules are available every sem. (e.g once a year instead of twice a year)

tutonic

Reaction score
for honours programme, you need 170 CUs to graduate.

assuming 20 CUs per semester, you will take 8 semesters (equivalent to 4 years).

the balance 10 CUs are u-core which you are encouraged to clear within the first two years concurrently.

tks

sorry if this is a retarded question, but full load referring to 3 day a week lessons or 4 day a week lessons? If its 3 lesson a week, hmm.. seems pretty manageable.
i've emailed unisim how 'fast' i can complete the programme. It's been 3 days. They've yet to respond.

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am thinking whether should I go for it. Previously due to personal/work commitments kana forced to drop a degree course and SIM 6-7years back... now dunno still got subsidy bo. :(

Yes you will still get the subsidy. However you will only receive the remaining of the subsidy up till 160 cu for normal degree and 200 cu for honours degree should you have consumed any subsidies previously. Can refer to point 21 & 22 in the FAQ.

Source: http://www.unisim.edu.sg/admissions/Undergraduate-Admissions/Documents/FAQ-GovernementSubsidy.pdf

gunners46

Reaction score
sorry if this is a retarded question, but full load referring to 3 day a week lessons or 4 day a week lessons? If its 3 lesson a week, hmm.. seems pretty manageable.
i've emailed unisim how 'fast' i can complete the programme. It's been 3 days. They've yet to respond.

As far as i know for engineering, each module has 6x 3 hr lectures and 6x 3 hr lab spread across 12 weeks. So if u take 4 modules per sem(20 cu), your timetable most probably will be 2 lessons on weekdays per week(excluding lab, usually on weekends).

maximum CUs u can take is 20 CU per sem, excluding non-core modules.

zenoallo

Reaction score
wondering if anybody studying part time in UniSIM now whether inside got alot of working adults like 25 above one. If cannot click i find it hard to do projects together..

Audris

Reaction score
wondering if anybody studying part time in UniSIM now whether inside got alot of working adults like 25 above one. If cannot click i find it hard to do projects together..

I believe most should be mature adults. And age shouldn't hinder the ability to work together. We'll get to work with people of different age group in the working society.

killtheink

Reaction score

yeap you'll be surprised to find lots above 25. i'm 26 and studying there, i've seen/met others way older than myself or slightly older, so don't worry. it's a wide range. in fact last sem i saw an old lady 70+ with white hair walking into class! so don't worry about the age gap la hor =:p

vectorguru

Reaction score
Just received the provisional offer for accountancy today! :)

Hey, me too...hope to find some study kaki here...BACC looks daunting with 170cu to clear...did a bit of planning ahead by grouping the related units and my ucores/electives below....would appreciate any advice..thanks :)

BUS105e Statistics
BUS107e Quantitative Methods
COR160 Essential Academic Writing Skills
COR167e Managing Your Personal Finances

BUS201e Contract and Agency Law
BUS203e Company Law and Corporate Governance

ECO201e Managerial Economics
ECO203e International Economics

HRM201 Human Resource Management
HRM257 Labour and Manpower Policies in Singapore

MKT201e Marketing
MKT203e Marketing Mix Management

ACC201e Financial Accounting
ACC205 Financial Reporting and Analysis
ACC207 Corporate Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
ACC301 Advanced Financial Accounting
ACC303 International Accounting
ACC401 Accounting Theory

ACC203e Managerial Accounting
ACC209 Managerial Accounting and Control
ACC211 Advanced Management Accounting
ACC403 Selected Topics in Financial and Management Accounting

ACC213 Introduction to Income Tax
ACC307 Taxation of Companies and Partnerships
ACC309 International Taxation and Tax Planning

FIN301e Financial Instruments, Institutions and Markets
FIN303 Financial Management

ACC215 Accounting Information Modelling and Analysis
ACC217 Accounting Information Systems

ACC305 Assurance and Attestation
ACC306 Advanced Assurance and Attestation
ACC405 Selected Topics in Assurance and Attestation

BUS353e Project Management

BUS488 Strategy

Audris

Reaction score
Hey, me too...hope to find some study kaki here...BACC looks daunting with 170cu to clear...did a bit of planning ahead by grouping the related units and my ucores/electives below....would appreciate any advice..thanks :)

BUS105e Statistics
BUS107e Quantitative Methods
COR160 Essential Academic Writing Skills
COR167e Managing Your Personal Finances

BUS201e Contract and Agency Law
BUS203e Company Law and Corporate Governance

ECO201e Managerial Economics
ECO203e International Economics

HRM201 Human Resource Management
HRM257 Labour and Manpower Policies in Singapore

MKT201e Marketing
MKT203e Marketing Mix Management

ACC201e Financial Accounting
ACC205 Financial Reporting and Analysis
ACC207 Corporate Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
ACC301 Advanced Financial Accounting
ACC303 International Accounting
ACC401 Accounting Theory

ACC203e Managerial Accounting
ACC209 Managerial Accounting and Control
ACC211 Advanced Management Accounting
ACC403 Selected Topics in Financial and Management Accounting

ACC213 Introduction to Income Tax
ACC307 Taxation of Companies and Partnerships
ACC309 International Taxation and Tax Planning

FIN301e Financial Instruments, Institutions and Markets
FIN303 Financial Management

ACC215 Accounting Information Modelling and Analysis
ACC217 Accounting Information Systems

ACC305 Assurance and Attestation
ACC306 Advanced Assurance and Attestation
ACC405 Selected Topics in Assurance and Attestation

BUS353e Project Management

BUS488 Strategy

Congrats fellow coursemate! It'll be great to have people to discuss with on the modules to take. Gonna be a long journey ahead.

indulgeinfel

Reaction score
Congrats fellow coursemate! It'll be great to have people to discuss with on the modules to take. Gonna be a long journey ahead.

Hi Audris and vectorguru

That's fast that you guys got an interview and have the provisional offer. When did you guys apply?

Thanks.:)

tweetycat

Reaction score
wat are the chances of switching course from one school to another if haven't start? eg engineering to business? or they only allow within the same school eg business to business?

Audris

Reaction score
what kinda qns they ask? u got yr letter alrdy?

Standard questions. Why did you choose this course. Chatted about current job and the interviewer briefly explained unisim's class schedule. Took about 3 weeks for me to receive provisional letter.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.