Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score
Any idea if Nozomi Shinkansen is usable with JR Kansai Area Wide pass?
I know Sakura and Hikari can, just not too sure if Nozomi can use as well or not.
Think I am too used to the regular JR pass so I just assumed that Nozomi is not usable but was just re-reading the websites regarding Kansai Area Wide pass and doesn't seemed to say that Nozomi trains cannot use with Kansai Area Wide pass.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea if Nozomi Shinkansen is usable with JR Kansai Area Wide pass?
I know Sakura and Hikari can, just not too sure if Nozomi can use as well or not.
Think I am too used to the regular JR pass so I just assumed that Nozomi is not usable but was just re-reading the websites regarding Kansai Area Wide pass and doesn't seemed to say that Nozomi trains cannot use with Kansai Area Wide pass.

JNTO webby says included
Japan National Tourism Organization | Plan Your Trip | Transportation | Discount Tickets | Nationwide Railway

But they have the caveat there too :)
"Please confirm details with each provider before making your arrangements as the following information is subject to change without notice."

petty blue

Master Member
Reaction score
after getting off the plane,do we have to take a short train ride to the immigration at terminal 1 , kansai airport?

where can check the time table of the subway?

secondly, guys, need some advice , i will be buying the bmobile sim card online and i am staying at Shin Osaka Station Hotel Annex

the address is as follows:
Address: 1-15-2, Higashinakajima, Higashiyodogawa-ku
Area / City / Country: Shin Osaka/Osaka/Japan

is this the correct way of filling up the form?

for the perfecture, do i select osaka-fu since there is no shin-osaka

ADu762n.png

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after getting off the plane,do we have to take a short train ride to the immigration at terminal 1 , kansai airport?

secondly, guys, need some advice , i will be buying the bmobile sim card online and i am staying at Shin Osaka Station Hotel Annex

ADu762n.png

Use this for your japan-wide train schedule:
Hyperdia | Timetable and Route Search in Japan.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ADu762n.png

yes, there is a short skytrain ride from gate to immigration area. not sure if it is for all gates though

yes, prefecture is osaka-fu

sQQ

Reaction score
Thanks Dimitri

Just to drop a quick note to thank Dimitri for all the valauble advice provided for my recent trip to Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto. Credit to the advice, it was butter smooth sailing from the word GO.
Thanks !!

gambitgoh

Reaction score
hi first time going to japan on oct will be going there for 10d9n. is 3 days enough to cover tokyo like those must go places? should i visit tokyo first or put tokyo for my last few day trip pls advice. thanks in advance!

Espedine

Reaction score
Will be in tokyo/osaka/kyoto area in 1st week of march. Any ski resorts nearby for a day trip? thanks!

Argiope

Reaction score
I'm planning to have my last 2 nights in Hakone and leave for Narita airport on the last day.

Question is, my flight is 3pm. If i were to check out at 9am, would i have sufficient time to get to Narita by say, 1pm? If yes, what is the quickest method available please?

TIA!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to have my last 2 nights in Hakone and leave for Narita airport on the last day.

Question is, my flight is 3pm. If i were to check out at 9am, would i have sufficient time to get to Narita by say, 1pm? If yes, what is the quickest method available please?

TIA!

According to Hyperdia, the whole journey from Gora to Narita takes about 180min. So its doable if you check out on 9am and reach Narita before 1pm. But your margin of mistake and delays is very low. Try to avoid this kind of multiple connection stressful long travelling during a departure day :) If you set off from deeper end of Hakone that need some local bus transfer, then this is really a risky attempt on you end liao.

Cost wise is a bit steep at 6900.

Argiope

Reaction score
Thanks cpuer.

Another couple of questions. Do you have any recommended 2-br serviced apartments in Shinjuku or Ueno areas? I'm waiting replies from some of them while also looking for more options.

My itinerary is only in Tokyo, Hakone, Yokohama, Kamakura and Odaiba. Do you think i should get the JR pass or just the Suica pass is sufficient? From other threads, it seems that JR pass is only worthwhile if i go to far places like Osaka or Kyoto. But then on the other hand, my friend just told me i should get the JR pass. So now i'm back to dilemma again.

Thanks again.. :)

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think u need JR pass. Too expensive for u.

if u want, can meet up with me to discuss ur itinerary. Although my times r not v flexible... Too many classes..

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks cpuer.

Another couple of questions. Do you have any recommended 2-br serviced apartments in Shinjuku or Ueno areas? I'm waiting replies from some of them while also looking for more options.

My itinerary is only in Tokyo, Hakone, Yokohama, Kamakura and Odaiba. Do you think i should get the JR pass or just the Suica pass is sufficient? From other threads, it seems that JR pass is only worthwhile if i go to far places like Osaka or Kyoto. But then on the other hand, my friend just told me i should get the JR pass. So now i'm back to dilemma again.

Thanks again.. :)
The best ways to find out worth or not worth is to use Hyperdia to work out all the cost. But from you have listed as your places to visit, JR Pass would not be utilized fully.

Here's my rough check for you:

Tokyo, within the city, all trips is about 190 one way. Sometimes you need more as you have to change from JR to Metro or Metro to JR. So give yourselves 1000 yen per ay I think should cover liao.

Hakone, you will get the Odakyu Hakone Freepass cost 5000yen(2days)

Yokohama, you can get the Tokyu Minatomirai ticket for 840yen

Kamakura-Enoshima, you can either get the Odakyu Enoshima-Kamakura FReepass for 1430yen or JR's Kamakura-Enoshima Pass for 680yen

Odaiba, you can take the Yurikamome 1day pass for 800yen

If you take SUICA+NEX pacakage for your Narita-Tokyo-Narita, you pay 5500yen

So adding all these up, will you exceed the 28300yen cost of a JR Pass? The above are just a rough count. may of the passes listed above have some fixed boarding stations. So from where you stay to those stations will cost you some money, but it wont be too high.

Last edited:

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Osaka

I'll be staying in Osaka for 6 nights alone :(. I may or may not visit Kobe or Kyoto.

In regards to transportation around the city, is the ICOCA IC card enough? Or should I buy a JR Pass instead? Or both? I'm flying in to KIX and staying nearby Osaka station.

I understand that JR Pass is more for long distance travel to other far away cities.

Sorry first time going to Japan and I don't speak Japanese.

PC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm having my first visit to Japan in late March, will be flying to Osaka. Need help on where to visit, I've 13 nights. So far only plan Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Takayama.

Any other nice places to visit in that area?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll be staying in Osaka for 6 nights alone :(. I may or may not visit Kobe or Kyoto.

In regards to transportation around the city, is the ICOCA IC card enough? Or should I buy a JR Pass instead? Or both? I'm flying in to KIX and staying nearby Osaka station.

I understand that JR Pass is more for long distance travel to other far away cities.

Sorry first time going to Japan and I don't speak Japanese.

if you just want to hang out in Osaka, you can get ICOCA or one of these passes, if you plan your itinerary well the passes will save you money.
Discount tickets for traveling around Osaka : OSAKA-INFO - Osaka Visitor's Guide

WANGLAI

Reaction score
Dear Guys, a noob question. Let say if I buy the 7 day JR pass, can i use it on the narita express from narita airport to Tokyo? Also for return trip, if I intend to go back sg via Haneda Airport, what will be the best way to travel to Haneda Airport? Does any metro pass cover it? Thanks alot guys!!! Cheers!!!

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanglai: yes. U can use it on Narita express. For return trip, it really depends where u are going there from? From Shinjuku or..?

check it out on hyperdia...

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm having my first visit to Japan in late March, will be flying to Osaka. Need help on where to visit, I've 13 nights. So far only plan Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Takayama.

Any other nice places to visit in that area?

hmmm, try searching on japan-guide.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.