Recurring seasonic psu problems.

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been having this problem where the com won't boot up normally while pressing the front panel power button. It's a seasonic X1050W. I would have to flip the psu switch as fast as i can between I and O for almost 30 mins to get it to power on after each shutdown. If i go to sleep mode instead of shutdown it boots up after 2 to 3 flips of the main psu switch.
Edit: Power is being suppplied to the mobo( mobo power on LED is glowing but it wont turn on )

First time the problem occured, it was found to have a faulty 3.3v rail and was RMAed.

Then a few months later, the second psu had the same problem but with no discernible faults with voltages.All the voltages from the rails were fine. Was RMAed again. But the third RMA had the same problem without any discernible fault with the voltages after only a few months.

i have checked every component individually like mobo and etc, brought them down to svc centre but they were found to be fine, including the psu which was strange so i swapped in my brother's psu and it booted up fine, no problems at all. Only my psu has this problem.

Did a memtest on mobo, no problem at all, surge protector and wall socket are okay so im not sure what's the problem..

Last edited:

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro just buy another psu ba no point keep running back and fro to rma

wah really must buy another psu? :( i mean not even 1 year yet got to rma 4 times but the psu quite expensive also :/

clon22

Suspended
Reaction score
So suay?
The psu swap to your bro's PC got problem?
Anyway, i dropped u a PM too.

skyline72

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you switch off the main power at the wall socket everytime you shut down ?

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you switch off the main power at the wall socket everytime you shut down ?

no difference whether i do it. Usually i leave it on but i try to leave it off also doesnt affect how it boots.

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So suay?
The psu swap to your bro's PC got problem?
Anyway, i dropped u a PM too.

You mean the 1050w swap to my bro's pc? Not yet

The problem is exactly identical to this

PSU not working, SOME TIMES - Troubleshooting - Linus Tech Tips

HI

I have been having this problem for the last 6 month and i honestly don't know what to do. I live in Israel and i bought my SeaSonic X650 Gold from store called KSP. The problem that I'm dealing is the following: When I go to start up my PC I click the power button nothing happens, the LED on my motherboard however is glowing that means there is power, now the so called trick I use to get the PSU to work is to press the power switch on the back of the PSU between 0 and 1 very fast and then my PC powers on, it dose not always work and some time the fans in my system ramp up for 2 seconds and nothing happens so i have to do the trick countless times to work. I tried many things to diagnose the problems, I put the PSU in other system and i got the same problem, checked the 12v 3.3 v and 5v and they are all ok, so that meant that the PSU is culprit, so I went to the store to try to see whats the matter after having the PSU for 2.5 years and I still have 6 month of warranty on it, they tested it and said that it worked fine and that the problem is something else, so next time i brought the whole PC to them, they hooked it up powered it on and it worked flawlessly and that is were i went to full shock. I went pack to home hocked it up again and it worked fine for week and the issue came back again, SO at this point I done know what to do so can you please HELP ME. Thanks

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A small video of the problem.

PC does not power on when i press the power button so i have to resort to the main psu.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do see a number of members dumping their seasonic psu at VR Zone Garages Sales.

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from the video, i see .. most likely is PSU

really ah?:(
no problem when playing games or surfing. Can work swee swee. But when want to power on the pc , is almost like a pain in the neck literally.

hengheng220

Master Member
Reaction score
hahaha bro whats your specs then see if the other bros here can suggest a better and cheap psu for you

sHrike

Reaction score
wah...seasonic psu ho sey bo....dun scared me leh...i just bought a Seasonic X750 for its reliability....

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah...seasonic psu ho sey bo....dun scared me leh...i just bought a Seasonic X750 for its reliability....

Probably is i just sway ba.:s22:This type of things can happen one..

zihao83

Reaction score
Been having this problem where the com won't boot up normally while pressing the front panel power button. It's a seasonic X1050W. I would have to flip the psu switch as fast as i can between I and O for almost 30 mins to get it to power on after each shutdown. If i go to sleep mode instead of shutdown it boots up after 2 to 3 flips of the main psu switch.
Edit: Power is being suppplied to the mobo( mobo power on LED is glowing but it wont turn on )

First time the problem occured, it was found to have a faulty 3.3v rail and was RMAed.

Then a few months later, the second psu had the same problem but with no discernible faults with voltages.All the voltages from the rails were fine. Was RMAed again. But the third RMA had the same problem without any discernible fault with the voltages after only a few months.

i have checked every component individually like mobo and etc, brought them down to svc centre but they were found to be fine, including the psu which was strange so i swapped in my brother's psu and it booted up fine, no problems at all. Only my psu has this problem.

Did a memtest on mobo, no problem at all, surge protector and wall socket are okay so im not sure what's the problem..

I am also having similar issue like u. sometimes when booting up the com, it keep restarting after the window logo. i do need to turn off the PSU switch for abt 5-10sec & restart & everything is back to normal. sometimes during gaming, com will also freeze & auto restart, & i have to redo the same process again. had been adapted with the com mood already~:look:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using seasonic psu?

I am also having similar issue like u. sometimes when booting up the com, it keep restarting after the window logo. i do need to turn off the PSU switch for abt 5-10sec & restart & everything is back to normal. sometimes during gaming, com will also freeze & auto restart, & i have to redo the same process again. had been adapted with the com mood already~:look:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.