Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

revolta

Reaction score
i tried Vpost 2 times, not going to use them again, the food item received from vpost turn bad.

Never had this problem with CGW.

revolta

Reaction score
The coach had lock the shipment from those shipping company, is there any way to ship USA coach item to Singapore?

SquallLH

Master Member
Reaction score
comGateway only packs everything into a single box if it is requested. To request this, do email customerservice@comgateway.com.

Otherwise, repack simply means we cut down on each package's external packaging (i.e., transfer tshirt from box to bag, cut down a box's height from 20cm to 15cm, etc).

Items that are shipped together are then billed together, but arrive in their own packages. The benefit of shipping items together therefore, is that only Item 1 will pay the base charge, and Items 2,3,4 will only pay the incremental charge.

Hope this helps!

Hi comGateway,

Just want to check if there's any other credit card promotion going on now that the DBS promo is over? I really enjoyed the free express upgrade with my DBS CC previously and I love comGateway's fast and reliable service particularly with your local partner DHL here, shipped more than 10 packages and with the free upgrade made it really affordable. Hope that there's some other promotion you can point us to so that we could continue to enjoy your great service! :s12::)

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I meant the shipping costs of forwarding from US to SG, duh. That was that the person was asking about right?

And that shipping cost from US to SG is taken into consideration for GST. Please read carefully, for your benefit, in bold are the pertinent information.

The calculation of the Customs GST is based on the Cost, vCare and Freight (CIF) value of the item plus all duties payable.

Customs GST relief is granted on items (excluding intoxicating liquors and tobacco products) imported by a total value not exceeding S$400.
Where the value exceeds S$400, the entire sum would be subject to Customs GST.

The current Customs GST rate is 7% of CIF.
Total Customs GST Chargeable = 7% on [Cost + Insurance + Freight]
where Cost is the total cost of products in a package / order paid to seller / Merchant that includes the item value, domestic shipping, handling charge etc., while vCare is the cost of purchasing optional insurance from vPost and Freight is vPost shipping charge for that item.

alan_shearer

Reaction score
buying laptop on ebay - CGW or vPost

hi all,

I saw from vpost website that they do not forward computer products purchased on ebay that contains batteries....is this true?

Will CGW be able to forward my purchase to me?

Thanks a lot for all replies in advance!

BlackLab

Reaction score
And that shipping cost from US to SG is taken into consideration for GST. Please read carefully, for your benefit, in bold are the pertinent information.

Ah got it. My bad then. Could've sworn that wasn't the case previously.

Deathzz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if anyone need help with a USA credit card purchase to freight forwarders can pm me for help

winthony

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using HSG now.

Have 3 packages :

1) Actual weight : 0.07kg
Vol. weight : -
Chargeable weight : 0.5kg

2)Actual weight : 0.50kg
Vol. weight : 0.87kg
Chargeable weight : 1kg

3) Actual weight : 0.07kg

Upon checking out, the weight was 2kg for shipping.

Is this normal? Does HSG use physical weight as it will be less than 1kg

android

Master Member
Reaction score
Using HSG now.

Have 3 packages :

1) Actual weight : 0.07kg

2)Actual weight : 0.50kg
Vol. weight : 0.87kg
Chargeable weight : 1kg

3) Actual weight : 0.07kg

Upon checking out, the weight was 2kg for shipping.

Is this normal? Does HSG use physical weight as it will be less than 1kg
Yes, Most forwarders charge based on volumetric weight or actual weight, whichever is higher., so if your item is very small but very big in size or packaging then the shipping cost will be high.........

Last edited:

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any CGW promotions for local banks this year?
I know last year use DBS cards get you free upgrade + 10% discount.

charle

Reaction score
:s11:

h. any experts here?

anyway to help me, my chargeable weight is 65.7kg, actual weight is 14.3kg.
its a brompton bike and they are not willing to repack for me.
my charge is $766 after a 20% discount using citibank CC.

Is there an alternative say using DHL or other proxy?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:s11:

h. any experts here?

anyway to help me, my chargeable weight is 65.7kg, actual weight is 14.3kg.
its a brompton bike and they are not willing to repack for me.
my charge is $766 after a 20% discount using citibank CC.

Is there an alternative say using DHL or other proxy?

it is not that they are unwilling to repack, that is most likely the volumetric weight of the actual packaging box. It works out to be about 80cm by 80cm by 50cm, which is reasonable for a foldable bike. Question is why is your shipping charge $766? From my rough calculations, 65.7kg should be about SGD500.

vddgnd

Reaction score
Where to find the shipping rate and service fee charges of borderlinx? I can not find this info in their website.

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any advice if I want to ship an item back to US? Its actually a return item. Weigh around 500g.

nivlac9

Reaction score
Ordering bose qc 15 from amazon

hi

intending to order qc15 from amazon [link]

any suggestions? Vpost, CGW, Borderlinks? so far i use the online quote from Vpost seems the cheapest ($28)

Thanks in adv

h0bbes

Reaction score
CGW still has the DBS/POSB CC promo this year :)

2luvz12.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.