Microsoft Surface

tsarpoet

Reaction score
yeah, i just checked, need to pre-order. I'm flying to Singapore from Indonesia and thinking to get one ready to be bought. Any chance Airport stores selling the type cover 2?

ngensys2000

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm out for 2 mths already but still no local display set lol

wth is microsoft marketing dept doing :s22:

lol:s13:.. seems typical for Microsoft or Microsoft SG.. don't understand the direction. By the time they bring in, there's probably many other similar specs around. When one buys it, MS will slash the price after. Then double whammy with a new model announcement..

Think better you get online or pre order from opensurface..

Nah, screw it. I got myself an iPad mini.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah, i just checked, need to pre-order. I'm flying to Singapore from Indonesia and thinking to get one ready to be bought. Any chance Airport stores selling the type cover 2?
Dun think you can find one at the airport.

miragez

Reaction score
Getting my from Japan. Much cheaper. Only $1156.

This is only effective if your going to japan for holiday. Haiz... Singapore so costly .... first must pay brand name + production cost + shipping cost + gst....

kvltic

Reaction score
The new surface doesnt come with 4g connection ya? Its seems like a good buy but the lack of 4G deter me from getting one.

keitaro123

Reaction score
My humble opinion.

the build of the surface is really good. i like this product, but then again, i am starting to regret getting the surface rt.

first of all, IE 11 SUCKS. its by far the worst browser i've used. slow loading and unresponsive.

secondly, the app store for rt sucks too. for an os that depends so much on the apps ecosystem, this is just unacceptable.

lastly, MS lack support on the RT system. I mean, which company goes around admitting that their system is a flop? it's like walking around telling the developers not to support your OS too.

A honest review after using it for almost half a year.

As a product, i am happy with it. It serves my basic needs of using MS office and the ability to just bring this around in all my overseas business trip is a god sent. But the short fall of the RT OS can't be ignored.

Just a piece of advise for anyone really considering the RT for any purpose. Please spend your money somewhere else, this expensive piece of hardware will not do you any good.

Get the pro instead. Actually, RT is a good system if done well, but MS did not supported it well.

In other words, dont get any RT software as of now, its just not well polished as of now.

Just a random rant that i have to get out. haha

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
RT is good enough for simple couch surfing, perfect for non techie users.

firstly, you dun have to worry about viruses.

secondly, there's flash in the browser, so web streaming etc has no issues.

thirdly, for non techie users who's prior PC are those P4 or Dual Cores with old 5400 hdds, RT's apparent lag isn't that obvious to them.

kushaltandon

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to improve browser performance apart form the usual suspects and basic guides around the web?

Does anyone have something tried and tested that significantly improves performance? I love the device but IE 11 is really starting to annoy me

jtjagan

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to improve browser performance apart form the usual suspects and basic guides around the web?

Does anyone have something tried and tested that significantly improves performance? I love the device but IE 11 is really starting to annoy me

For me, IE11 is generally ok except for the swipe back to return to previous page. It freezes for a while as it reloads the entire page again instead of from cache. I am seeing this in IE11 metro on my i7 laptop, clovertrail tablet and surfaceRT. This has been reported as a bug.

Oddly enough, the desktop version of IE11 works fine.

koikoe

Reaction score
Hi, anyone can recommend me an anti-glare screen protector for surface pro 1?

i find the light reflection is quite disturbing when drawing on the tablet. :s13:

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
Anti glare protectors will destroy the beautiful vivid 1080p screen you have. Cos it will be matte.

laptopseller

Reaction score
For those wanting to import SP2.. HOLD for local launch ..... Some news should be announced this coming few days..

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like many stores in Japan out of stock for surface pro 2

mikengtw

Reaction score
For those wanting to import SP2.. HOLD for local launch ..... Some news should be announced this coming few days..

I do hope they come early or not will be very boring month to wait and wait, me have been looking
into many model like Lenovo thinkpad 8 and Miix 2 tablet 10".

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.