Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No. The loopout is to connect back the analogue signal to your TV. Same as Draco. Btw, if you're using pc tuner, just wait for a while. There are quite a number of DVB-T2 USB dongle out there. It is just a matter of time (driver update) for them to be compatible with Singapore standard.

dont think its driver issue ... because the signal decoding is at hardware level ... you need a new decoder chip design to handle the new standard :(

kssk88

Reaction score
anyone noticed got new channels? okto, ch u and cna all in the 800+ range

Noticed few days ago. Was so puzzled did I press anything wrongly!@#$

Now got to re-arrange the button numbers, looks like they roll out the service even without these basic info fixed.

btw, anyone knows for DTV are we able to set 2 or more buttons to a channel, eg I want the auto scan channel 2 for HD8 to ALSO go to button 8.

hwsinn

Reaction score
Thanks for answering those loopthrough qn. I guess i'll wait for pci-e versions of the tv tuner then :)

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Indo power slug and voltage is the same as Sin? Getmecom HD9 has english menu? But the STB does not come with antenna, right?

Soul77

Reaction score
The Indo power slug and voltage is the same as Sin? Getmecom HD9 has english menu? But the STB does not come with antenna, right?

same voltage, EU connector (those 2 pin round one), has english menu, but indo user guide. Yes. No antenna. need to go and buy (or diy like me) yourself

Last edited:

spectra1701

Reaction score
Hi fellas
I just gotten myself a Draco HDT2-7300 set. Plugged it in, switched it on and there is no signal at all! I was using the provided antenna with booster on as recommended. Next I tried to plug it into my wall TV socket, nothing. Tried the FM socket, nothing. Even did a full auto scan but it reported no signal detected. Is my set defective? :s11:

Last edited:

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi fellas
I just gotten myself a Draco HDT2-7300 set. Plugged it in, switched it on and there is no signal at all! I was using the provided antenna with booster on as recommended. Next I tried to plug it into my wall TV socket, nothing. Tried the FM socket, nothing. Even did a full auto scan but it reported no signal detected. Is my set defective? :s11:

I was unable to receive anything with the provided antenna until I bought Margon 2.0 antenna. With the Margon, can receive all DVB-T2 channels. Or u can also try Daiyo eu1702 antenna. The included antenna seems not so good imo.

spectra1701

Reaction score
I was unable to receive anything with the provided antenna until I bought Margon 2.0 antenna. With the Margon, can receive all DVB-T2 channels. Or u can also try Daiyo eu1702 antenna. The included antenna seems not so good imo.

Thanks Leongws
How much is the Margon antenna and where did you buy it? Maybe my area has bad reception? In anycase, I did an auto scan and all the pre-set channels are gone. Will it revert back if I do a factory reset? Regards

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Leongws
How much is the Margon antenna and where did you buy it? Maybe my area has bad reception? In anycase, I did an auto scan and all the pre-set channels are gone. Will it revert back if I do a factory reset? Regards

I bought it at $39 at amk hub ntuc xtra. Nex ntuc xtra also got sell. The daiyo antenna cost $64 and is sold in most electronic store(courts, ntuc xtra etc). However no guarantee u will receive the signal even if u bought the antenna. The preset channel will appear back once signal is receive when u perform scanning next time

Soul77

Reaction score
Hi fellas

Did you use the short black cable extension that's suppose to connect to the between the stb and the antenna (the one with red led light). Also, did you turn on the power antenna options on the setting? when it is on, the red led light on the small cable should be on.

boonpk

Reaction score
The included antenna is not so sensitive but if you can run co-axial cables to the window, and using the booster with 5V PS, you can get good signal.
I got 99% Signal and 98% quality with all DVB T2 channels.
See my post in DVB T2 settings in this forum with pics.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
I placed my Margon antenna inside my Ikea glass door cabinet. Looks neater. No signal receive if I put the draco antenna at same area

boonpk

Reaction score
Hi leongws,
Can you let me know how far from the window is the location of the Margon?

Location.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zchbnuxecq3dpf5/Location.jpg

Location A or B?

I might want to buy this antenna.

Thanks.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi leongws,
Can you let me know how far from the window is the location of the Margon?

Location.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zchbnuxecq3dpf5/Location.jpg

Location A or B?

I might want to buy this antenna.

Thanks.

Mine is at location A. Its at 2nd section from top. u can see the black cable for the antenna. Inbetween the photo frame. Never try at location B as my tv not at there and cable not long enough. The Margon antenna cable is long at 3.5m but still too far to location B for me
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14123085/IMAG0435.jpg

Last edited:

alpha29

Reaction score
Hi guys, so if I have a mounted tv in my bedroom using the starhub wall outlet, does this means a few years later, I would not receive any more TV signals? Even if I were to change to the dvb-t2 compliant TV?

boonpk

Reaction score
I see your antenna is located very near the window. Thats why you are getting the signals.
My living room TV is located at location B so I think I just run some coaxial wires in trunking and use the provided draco antenna. A lot of work.

Thanks.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
I see your antenna is located very near the window. Thats why you are getting the signals.
My living room TV is located at location B so I think I just run some coaxial wires in trunking and use the provided draco antenna. A lot of work.

Thanks.

not really. I placed ther cause the glass cabinet is already there and more discreet. I found out my antenna need to be facing towards my TV direction to get >90% signal. And my room is located at right side of the tv. Room tested also ok. So my living room windows actually is not the main windows to get signal from. The signal is from the windows at the extreme end of my room at right side. Even if my room door is closed. I still get almost full signal

boonpk

Reaction score
In a year or two, mediacorp is slowly installing repeater stations all over the islands. So just a desktop antenna will get all the channels.

I think Starhub not in favour of carrying the signals so Mediacorp is going their own route.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the Margon Home 2.0 and was able to receive all the below-mentioned channels through manual tuning.

Are those the only available HD channels? How do I receive the Supersports Areana channel?

UHF27 - 522MHz

Channel U(SD) - live
Channel News Asia (SD) - live
okto (SD) - live

UHF29 - 538MHz

Suria (HD) - live
Channel 5 (HD) - live

UHF31 - 554MHz

Channel 8 (HD) - live
Vasantham (HD) - live

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

Just to add I get no signal at all with the supplied draco antenna at similar position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.