Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
Just an update. I went to the service centre today and they did a test for me. I realised the included antenna for my set really is worse off than normal, so I changed it. But in the end, it can only intermittently show some signal. I wanted to buy the 2.0 antenna from them but they refused to sell to me. Odd they they are willing to do it if they come to your house. Anyway, after going from place to place, I managed to get the antenna at AMK Hub NTUC.

I was able to get crystal clear reception for all the VHF channels. Sadly, Okto, CNA and Ch U still no signal. Will do some experimentation later to see if its the position. Oddly, the gain for this "better" antenna is rated 18dB vs 20dB or the included antenna. HD on my plasma is awesome! (A pity Panasonic is no longer making Plasma TVs)

For those who are interested, they also sell a more powerful booster antenna too (5.0). It's rated 26dB gain.

Think u no need to experiment for Okto, CNA and Ch U. All of us suddenly cannot receive also

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Think u no need to experiment for Okto, CNA and Ch U. All of us suddenly cannot receive also
Mine (Bishan) still working fine for all channels: 27, 29, 31, 33, and 38 as of now.

Those who can't receive may want to check/scan again.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
The packaging mentioned f female to pal male so i just grab it without double checking it. My fault in the end didn't check the adapter carefully first without buying. A note for me!
Since i got the wrong adapter i can't try out on receiving digital TV so shall try my luck and buy the correct adapter. :)

Oh Philips also has C tuners, i don't know about it actually my fault. :p
Not to worry hor. That's the true meaning of "experience" - we learn from mistakes.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who got your Margon antenna, remember to keep your receipt, as it serve as the proof of purchase for your warranty.

Marbok_Tan

Banned
Reaction score
i have problems receiving Ch U, CNA and Okto. Rescan many times but nothing on UHF27. I am at sengkang. Mediacock problem? The HD channels are ok

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who got your Margon antenna, remember to keep your receipt, as it serve as the proof of purchase for your warranty.

Who is the distro? How many years of warranty? The box states 4 years but maybe only for margon's home country

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
skycom

yah i spoke to the lady and she said it has 1 year warranty, but when i told them that it was written 4 years on the box, she said she will go and check again.

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys have to understand that currently indoor reception of uhf signal is really terrible

You might have better chance of receiving it properly if you put your antenna near your windows

kssk88

Reaction score
refer earlier posts on missing channels.

The_Davis wrote:
anyone noticed got new channels? okto, ch u and cna all in the 800+ range
Noticed few days ago. Was so puzzled did I press anything wrongly!@#$

Now got to re-arrange the button numbers, looks like they roll out the service even without these basic info fixed.

btw, anyone knows for DTV are we able to set 2 or more buttons to a channel, eg I want the auto scan channel 2 for HD8 to ALSO go to button 8.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
You guys have to understand that currently indoor reception of uhf signal is really terrible

You might have better chance of receiving it properly if you put your antenna near your windows
You have to understand that fluctuating indoor signal is only one of the reasons for poor/no reception. Don't forget transmitter can have breakdown too.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Digital TV Signal Coverage Planning

A planner has essentially three main options for the design of digital tv signal coverage for a given geographical area.
  • High Power Transmitter
  • Low Power Transmitter
  • Repeater

High Power Transmitter
This is deployed similar to the traditional analogue tv transmitter to cover a big geographical area, though the power requirement is much reduced, since digital tv requires much lower signal level for reception.

Low Power Transmitter
Low power transmitters can be used entirely to replace the use of a single high power transmitter or supplement the signal coverage area of the high power transmitter at the fringe. The contents for transmission can be received at the transmitter sites via satellite, microwave or fiber-based source from the head-end. These transmitters usually work in a Single Frequency Network (SFN), thereby economising on valuable spectrum resources. Because of the nature of digital tv, reception is still possible in locations receiving signals from multiple transmitters on the same frequency.

Repeater
Repeaters, as simple on-channel repeaters, receive digital signal - the same signal picked up by end users' tv from a nearby transmtter - and re-transmit. This is unlike the low power transmitters, which receive their source from satellite, microwave or fiber. The use of SFN contrasts with the frequency planning required in the cellular network.

Current digital tv network deployments generally favour transmitters over repeaters for wide area coverage, limiting the use of repeaters to spot coverage of unserved area such as malls, tranportation terminals, etc.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Margon 2.0 how was it place on TV console or must hang near window? And power can using existing TV USB supply ? :s22:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
i have problems receiving Ch U, CNA and Okto. Rescan many times but nothing on UHF27. I am at sengkang. Mediacock problem? The HD channels are ok

yes... confirmed that my area also cannot recv signal for UHF27. tested yesterday nite till now still cannot get signal.
suspect that they may have changed the transmitter... or the signal is weaker.
when i manual scan and stay at UHF27, can see >90% signal for split sec then back to 0%... after some time another 90% signal for split sec then back to 0%.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
MediaCorp Outage?

My channel 27 (and all) still perfect...

Instead of guessing, why not call up MediaCorp to verify? The feedback would also help them to evaluate their own performance.

WakaTech

Reaction score
tested Channel U, okto etc on Darco stb. its working perfectly. staying in Bishan area

edited its on UHF27 freq

Last edited:

oric1

Reaction score
Tonight my UHF27 - 522MHz (Chn U (SD), CNA (SD) & Okto (SD)) suddenly disappeared.

I auto rescan but still can't find UHF27 but now got a new UHF38 - 610MHz (Test 1 & Ch8+1) instead.

Using Daiyo EU1702 indoor antenna in Bishan North. Anybody losing UHF27 or is it just me?

UHF27 is back! :s12:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.