(Official Thread) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - August 27th - $24 Pre-Order!! - Part 2

Vulpix

Reaction score
No on here really use a parser :s13:

right, ghye? <se.1>

:s13::s13::s13:

Man. Ok lah, that parser blm although kiss floor 1-2 times, still not a bad player lah. He can go on with his dps parsing shiat as long he isn't a bad player himself.
PS. Run last night CT, still no healer gear.

holybell84

Master Member
Reaction score
i was told that cos bio 2 does more dmg, should do that first -_-'''

Thanks for the reply though, i feel lots better now that another smn tells me not to bother with parse.

Got another question: bane will auto select non "bane affected" targets? So after the first bane i go manually find another target not affect with dots to start the whole process?

The reason bio2 is cast first cos its duration is the longest among all 3, so if go bio2->miasma->bio, u dun have to recast the dots so fast.

From what I know, bane just randomly select any 3 other enemies to spread the dot. Any mob that already has the dot will have it resetted, so by right u will have 5-8 mobs under dot after 2 fester. And yeah just go find another target to recast all dots.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The reason bio2 is cast first cos its duration is the longest among all 3, so if go bio2->miasma->bio, u dun have to recast the dots so fast.

From what I know, bane just randomly select any 3 other enemies to spread the dot. Any mob that already has the dot will have it resetted, so by right u will have 5-8 mobs under dot after 2 fester. And yeah just go find another target to recast all dots.
My rotation is usually shadow flare - bio2 - miasama - bio 1 than fester than ruin 1 than fester again when its up. Priority is keeping dots up and shadow flare cos its perma slow for adds in it.

raging strikes used when need to burn single target down together with pet buffs but enkindle saved for 2nd set of spiders and rooks.

think i need to go hunt for youtube videos on t4 to study

Vulpix

Reaction score
my raid team does and they tell even with two other separate raid members parsing, my dps is too low :(

Think I go L2BRD liaos

I got harassed by another blm before on my dps. Keep telling me my dps too low. I just "ok noted" then ignore liao. :s39: Wanted to ask him how come he lying on floor but decided not to because I wanted people to run the EMs with. :s13:

holybell84

Master Member
Reaction score
my raid team does and they tell even with two other separate raid members parsing, my dps is too low :(

Think I go L2BRD liaos

if they using ffxivapp, gg. Someone asked me to test and I found that if u cast all 3 dots on a target, for some reason it will stop generating values after 2-3s

The parser works by parsing aka read through what the logs have written, which is the battle log u see in game. And here's the catch, DOTs are not recorded in that log, same as any floor dots. If it is not recorded, no way the app can read any values regarding dot and the only way to generate values are to simulate them; parser either underestimate or overestimate.

holybell84

Master Member
Reaction score
My rotation is usually shadow flare - bio2 - miasama - bio 1 than fester than ruin 1 than fester again when its up. Priority is keeping dots up and shadow flare cos its perma slow for adds in it.

raging strikes used when need to burn single target down together with pet buffs but enkindle saved for 2nd set of spiders and rooks.

think i need to go hunt for youtube videos on t4 to study

Same rotation as all smns for single target dps. I also only use raging strike on single target with high hp.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got harassed by another blm before on my dps. Keep telling me my dps too low. I just "ok noted" then ignore liao. :s39: Wanted to ask him how come he lying on floor but decided not to because I wanted people to run the EMs with. :s13:

Yesterday our Titan EM clear run almost ended up as a wasted one hour with our MNK ended up every round lying on the floor. I saw him said something like he was trying to position on the flank first and do some combo thing so he can do more dmg.

Wanted to tell him something but in the middle of the battle. Wanted to tell him to survive first, deal a bit less damage never mind as long as the battle is won.

First rule of DPS:
0 HP = 0 DPS.

:s13:

Anyways we almost succeeded in pulling off a 7 man Titan EM, which means we can practice and sell Titan EM liao :s13:

PS. Run last night CT, still no healer gear.

Yah saw you kpkb on LS :s13:

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
Yesterday our Titan EM clear run almost ended up as a wasted one hour with our MNK ended up every round lying on the floor. I saw him said something like he was trying to position on the flank first and do some combo thing so he can do more dmg.

Wanted to tell him something but in the middle of the battle. Wanted to tell him to survive first, deal a bit less damage never mind as long as the battle is won.

First rule of DPS:
0 HP = 0 DPS.

:s13:

Anyways we almost succeeded in pulling off a 7 man Titan EM, which means we can practice and sell Titan EM liao :s13:

Yah saw you kpkb on LS :s13:

He nearly saboh our last run by generating extra plumes during the double plume phase. Funny also the other tank damn humji dun dare to stand on the edge. :s13: I was like wondering how come I fall down twice.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if they using ffxivapp, gg. Someone asked me to test and I found that if u cast all 3 dots on a target, for some reason it will stop generating values after 2-3s

The parser works by parsing aka read through what the logs have written, which is the battle log u see in game. And here's the catch, DOTs are not recorded in that log, same as any floor dots. If it is not recorded, no way the app can read any values regarding dot and the only way to generate values are to simulate them; parser either underestimate or overestimate.

I hope more people know this and not to judge me on my worth just by reading the parser :o

Same rotation as all smns for single target dps. I also only use raging strike on single target with high hp.

Ah thanks! At least I know now that regardless of the parser, I am doing the right rotation for turn 1 and 2 and for CT. Gotta work on my T4 now.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He nearly saboh our last run by generating extra plumes during the double plume phase. Funny also the other tank damn humji dun dare to stand on the edge. :s13: I was like wondering how come I fall down twice.

He needs more practice in his positioning lah.

IDK about MNK but I went practice with my DRG (after so long never play DRG), can time your flanking to prevent extra plumes one :s22:

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
I hope more people know this and not to judge me on my worth just by reading the parser :o

Ah thanks! At least I know now that regardless of the parser, I am doing the right rotation for turn 1 and 2 and for CT. Gotta work on my T4 now.

Just aim to be more efficient. :o

Vulpix

Reaction score
He needs more practice in his positioning lah.

IDK about MNK but I went practice with my DRG (after so long never play DRG), can time your flanking to prevent extra plumes one :s22:

Ferolare can dps efficiently without ever generating a side plume, I am quite sure it can be done with a monk. :s39: DPS with him, heart down before landslide during circle bomb.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ferolare can dps efficiently without ever generating a side plume, I am quite sure it can be done with a monk. :s39:

:s13::s13:

Yah.

And anyways that PLD tmd.. Stand so far from the edge and say he's on the edge. Ask him see how the WAR position lah zzz.

I see how he tank I also scared, I always try to go in a bit.

End up last run I go in too much, kena upheavel down when my jail break. :(

Heng left 10% nia, leave it to you all to clear :s13:

Vulpix

Reaction score
:s13::s13:

Yah.

And anyways that PLD tmd.. Stand so far from the edge and say he's on the edge. Ask him see how the WAR position lah zzz.

I see how he tank I also scared, I always try to go in a bit.

End up last run I go in too much, kena upheavel down when my jail break. :(

Heng left 10% nia, leave it to you all to clear :s13:

I have to say our 2 healers was pretty damn good even though is pug out one. :eek: I saw their precast timings, nearly perfect save for one mistimed Medica 2. :( When can I become this satki? :(

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have to say our 2 healers was pretty damn good even though is pug out one. :eek: I saw their precast timings, nearly perfect save for one mistimed Medica 2. :( When can I become this satki? :(

Yes, the 2 WHMs damn good. Their Cure III damn fugging zhun one, after every geocrush before Titan start moving and whacking the MT, everyone back to full HP liao :eek:

And during the 7 man phase and other phases where people died, they can keep the team alive for damn long also. Sibeh zai.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Yes, the 2 WHMs damn good. Their Cure III damn fugging zhun one, after every geocrush before Titan start moving and whacking the MT, everyone back to full HP liao :eek:

I hope our LS got them. Rare to find such good healers. The only mistake I saw so far was one of them accidentally went to close to the 3 row mid bomb and tio 1x bomb, and the other one tio the plume during the 11oclock bomb dps race.

holybell84

Master Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately there are still ppl who literally treated parsers as accurate, with one person 2 weeks ago accusing me of under-dpsing and causing wipes in garuda(There is something seriously wrong as I have to blow all aetherflows just on Chiranda). He actually took the effort to send me tells the next day to continue his tarade of how I got carried (I cleared garuda with the next party) how after they switched to a mnk, they got much higher dps and cleared blah blah.

Needless to say, that guy is the sole person on my blacklist now.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope our LS got them. Rare to find such good healers. The only mistake I saw so far was one of them accidentally went to close to the 3 row mid bomb and tio 1x bomb, and the other one tio the plume during the 11oclock bomb dps race.

Think cos got people died then abit kan cheong bah. Actually got a lot of times whole team forgot to stack on the 11 bomb to prepare for plumes. That part not that bad, what's bad was the twin gaolers, after the X+ bomb and LS explode, all scattered instead of staying at 6 to stack for WoTL. That WoTL was one of the major killers :(

I think I need to write a macro for stacking reminders, yesterday I keep spamming my silence macro to create sound to hint for stacking at 6 (while I was standing there).

I think a lot of people don't know how to respond when the LS don't come at 6.. that odd LS in yesterday's battle clearly shows it, I think quite a few died and jiak bomb :(

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are still ppl who literally treated parsers as accurate, with one person 2 weeks ago accusing me of under-dpsing and causing wipes in garuda(There is something seriously wrong as I have to blow all aetherflows just on Chiranda). He actually took the effort to send me tells the next day to continue his tarade of how I got carried (I cleared garuda with the next party) how after they switched to a mnk, they got much higher dps and cleared blah blah.

Needless to say, that guy is the sole person on my blacklist now.
ouch :(

I hope it doesnt come to that for me...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.