EDMW Knife Collectors

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to double confirm, no issues hor? Already got my lighters confiscated, don't want later crafts knife also confiscated. :sad:

carving knives are sold in arts and crafts stores in Singapore, there's no reason for it to be detained. Why would lighters be confiscated, they're not controlled goods.

do you have a pic of your carving knives?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Lighter confiscated by ica? What sort of lighters are they? I've ordered zipped and butane lighters and have not encounterd any issue. Unless you mean comsgateway refuse to ship them.. The only lighters that will be confiscated are probably those gun shape or bullet design lighters..

xacto should be OK for cgw as they classified as stationary.. No problem with ica..

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
carving knives are sold in arts and crafts stores in Singapore, there's no reason for it to be detained. Why would lighters be confiscated, they're not controlled goods.

do you have a pic of your carving knives?

Lighter confiscated by ica? What sort of lighters are they? I've ordered zipped and butane lighters and have not encounterd any issue. Unless you mean comsgateway refuse to ship them.. The only lighters that will be confiscated are probably those gun shape or bullet design lighters..

xacto should be OK for cgw as they classified as stationary.. No problem with ica..

_0022_X3246_A.jpg

_0026_X3243_A.jpg

I wanna get the above 2. Basically just penknifes. SG's Artfriend sell expensive and they never bring in the black one. :(

My lighters were basically normal BIC lighters but the fat version. SG never bring in the fat version and they don't sell single lots thus I bought a pack of 30 from Ebay. End up ICA/Customs told me its prohibited items thus they confiscated it.

alantcy

Reaction score
_0022_X3246_A.jpg

_0026_X3243_A.jpg

I wanna get the above 2. Basically just penknifes. SG's Artfriend sell expensive and they never bring in the black one. :(

My lighters were basically normal BIC lighters but the fat version. SG never bring in the fat version and they don't sell single lots thus I bought a pack of 30 from Ebay. End up ICA/Customs told me its prohibited items thus they confiscated it.

Try Stationery Superstore, they have a wide selection there.

alantcy

Reaction score
Stationery Superstore is at? :s11:

They also have X-Acto penknifes? I only want X-Acto.

what i meant is that they have a wide selection of penknives there.
im not sure what brands they carry.
whats special about the xacto one? :s11:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i meant is that they have a wide selection of penknives there.
im not sure what brands they carry.
whats special about the xacto one? :s11:

Their blades are very fine and very sharp. Never been disappointed with X-Acto when it comes to pen knifes and small blades.

I use it to trim/cut cue tips and ferrules so I need the blade to be sharp and thin. I can't afford any mistakes because most of them are customers cues to begin with and been confident of X-Acto for a few years. Just that my blade supplies are going down to the last piece that's why need to restock.

alantcy

Reaction score
im sure there are local distros carrying that you may get a better deal if buying a lot.
no need to import.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Their blades are very fine and very sharp. Never been disappointed with X-Acto when it comes to pen knifes and small blades.

I use it to trim/cut cue tips and ferrules so I need the blade to be sharp and thin. I can't afford any mistakes because most of them are customers cues to begin with and been confident of X-Acto for a few years. Just that my blade supplies are going down to the last piece that's why need to restock.

Stationery Superstore is at the Funan, address below.. but I don't think they stock xacto.. I only know art friend has them.. Maybe you can try OLFA blades.. been using them for cutting small props and they're comparable to Xacto IMHO..

#02-23/29 Funan Digitalife Mall
109 North Bridge Rd
Tel: 63323870

X-Acto can just hoot online la~

I think your lighter got confiscated cos it has fuel, therefore it's prohibited. So far all the lighters I have got have to be empty before it can be shipped. Else I think u need a licence for flammable goods..

BTW what you use to slick your hair?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im sure there are local distros carrying that you may get a better deal if buying a lot.
no need to import.

Local distros would be Art Friend and this other hobbyist shop around Pomo area. Both of them don't have the model I'm looking at. I have the light duty one but wanna go heavy duty because their blades are thicker.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stationery Superstore is at the Funan, address below.. but I don't think they stock xacto.. I only know art friend has them.. Maybe you can try OLFA blades.. been using them for cutting small props and they're comparable to Xacto IMHO..

#02-23/29 Funan Digitalife Mall
109 North Bridge Rd
Tel: 63323870

X-Acto can just hoot online la~

I think your lighter got confiscated cos it has fuel, therefore it's prohibited. So far all the lighters I have got have to be empty before it can be shipped. Else I think u need a licence for flammable goods..

BTW what you use to slick your hair?

Yeah. That was what the officer told me because mine had fuel and he said I need license for that.

Okay this is a first people ask me about my hair other than in the hair thread. :s13:

OS Sea Salt spray, Nigelle Bold Make Clay then finish with Osis+ Freeze 3. Blow dry when SSS aka Sea Salt Spray is applied.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Any comments on Fehrman's Blood Moon? :p

that is quite outlandish. quite a few spikes and curved lines, so it looks a little sci-fi =:p

what type of fixed blades are you looking for? for what purpose? I see a really nice Vaughn Neely hollow handled knife (ATS34) for under USD500 being offered for sale on the forums. That's not too bad if you like those kinda knives - much like the Lile knife.

I like smaller fixed blades, with thin blades :D

Mancis

Reaction score
that is quite outlandish. quite a few spikes and curved lines, so it looks a little sci-fi =:p

what type of fixed blades are you looking for? for what purpose? I see a really nice Vaughn Neely hollow handled knife (ATS34) for under USD500 being offered for sale on the forums. That's not too bad if you like those kinda knives - much like the Lile knife.

I like smaller fixed blades, with thin blades :D

Like the Hibben Rambo First Blood bowie? That looks good too. But the $$$.. :eek: Rather pay for the First Blood one. Like do you gues here know where I could get my paws on the Blood Moon? Wanna see how it fits before I trade an arm for it. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.