Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

kenshinz

Reaction score
CGW still has the DBS/POSB CC promo this year :)

2luvz12.png

If dun need free upgrade to express shopping hopshopgo still cheaper bah since its 10% off if paying by paypal

N

Reaction score
I am just curious. for frequent users of this service, isn't Prime with HSG, better value than CGW with DBS promo? Besides, for frequent shoppers, Prime is not difficult to achieve.

As much as Paypal charges a fee, when i calculate based on my CC statement, paying by mastercard vs PP the difference is really just 0.02 difference in exchange rate (at the most)

Is there something that i don't understand, the fuss over paypal, HSG, etc.

sorry if i made anyone unhappy over this question, i'm just really curious. ignore me if i said something wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------
the way i calculate, if i am not in a hurry, HSG with Prime is cheapest

If i want to use all the current promotions (not in a hurry) CGW with DBS 5% / HSG PP 10%, HSG still seems a better deal.

by the way, DBS 5% and free express, is it one time use or many time use? (most of coupons with HSG is 1 time use)

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am just curious. for frequent users of this service, isn't Prime with HSG, better value than CGW with DBS promo? Besides, for frequent shoppers, Prime is not difficult to achieve.

As much as Paypal charges a fee, when i calculate based on my CC statement, paying by mastercard vs PP the difference is really just 0.02 difference in exchange rate (at the most)

Is there something that i don't understand, the fuss over paypal, HSG, etc.

sorry if i made anyone unhappy over this question, i'm just really curious. ignore me if i said something wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------
the way i calculate, if i am not in a hurry, HSG with Prime is cheapest

If i want to use all the current promotions (not in a hurry) CGW with DBS 5% / HSG PP 10%, HSG still seems a better deal.

by the way, DBS 5% and free express, is it one time use or many time use? (most of coupons with HSG is 1 time use)

a) If you opt to pay PP with your bank's USD rate (rather than PP's USD/SGD conversion), there is no difference; However, PP tends to hide that option and if you don't read carefully, you'll use their exchange rate which is much higher - Using PP's rate, it's about 1 to 2% higher than your bank's rate.

b) HSG's 10% off for PP appears to still be valid (Feb 2014)

Last edited:

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
DBS / POSB free upgrade to express is valid for all shipment whole year round. Really fast service. They (DHL) even process over weekends.

MESSY7

Reaction score
I am a Prime Rewards member for CGW myself but now i am just wondering if Citi Globestopper with the welcomepack is better or the DBS/POSB promo with Prime Rewards?

XER

Reaction score
Any of these I can use to buy in store pick up item?

Last edited:

Nightgyr

Reaction score
I have been using CGW for about 7 years now. No problem, and for me, the most competitive pricing for US shipping to SG (prime account).

Any feedback on the 'new' VPOST for Japan to SG? Pricing good? I was looking around and Japan EMS quite similar. Additionally, can ship alcohol back using VPost?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on the 'new' VPOST for Japan to SG? Pricing good? I was looking around and Japan EMS quite similar. Additionally, can ship alcohol back using VPost?

For Japan, there is Vpost and Tenso.

You will should check with the forwarder directly before trying to export/import alcohol - Vpost shipping restrictions doesn't seem to indicate any (ex Japan, im Singapore; unless it is considered flammable...) Let us know how much taxes you had to pay if you do.

Nightgyr

Reaction score
For Japan, there is Vpost and Tenso.

You will should check with the forwarder directly before trying to export/import alcohol - Vpost shipping restrictions doesn't seem to indicate any (ex Japan, im Singapore; unless it is considered flammable...) Let us know how much taxes you had to pay if you do.

I will check on tenso, because Vpost Jpn rates not competitive. Taxes I know what kind and how much.

I have shipped about 10 bottles of Whisky from Japan. If declaration is >$400; you pay 7% GST.

Alcohol tax is about $23 per bottle (for a 700ml 40% alc)

feist_

Reaction score
I will check on tenso, because Vpost Jpn rates not competitive. Taxes I know what kind and how much.

shipping yamazaki? :)

Tenso is NOT CHEAP!! vpost japan may actually be cheaper. for tenso, there's some ridiculous handling fee that increases in proportion to either the weight/the value of your item, making it possibly more ex from shipping the item from the U.S., and not a good sign if you're shipping alochol.

what you can do is wait for their promos with rakuten (50% off shipping with JPY10,000 or something similar) - sign up for their emails. these offers come like once every 2-3 months.

the service is great though. efficient, and my camera arrived in a very pretty package (with plastic and ribbon). since the invoices were inside the plastic package, either the seller delivered it that way, and they painstakingly undid and redid the ribbon, or they actually packed it nicely for me. thumbs up for effort :)

Nightgyr

Reaction score
Rakuten, is like Japanese eBay? Yeah they have that 50% promo now.

Yes, the rates are same as Japan EMS. Japan EMS is shockingly cheap compared to most countries (ie SG). I import various whiskeys, cheaper overall but save maybe only 20-30% after shipping and tax. Trying to save more... :(

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means our purchase will be subjected to further charges with borderlinx?

US sales tax is a little complicated. If it is payable, you will see it when you are buying the item (it will be in the price when checking out).

If the retailer you're buying from has no physical store in Ohio, you might not have to pay the sales tax there.

But everything shipped to Oregon has no sales tax, regardless, which is one thing less to bother especially when you plan to buy and consolidate from several sellers.

gggofn

Reaction score
Used vPost & Borderlinx each a time.

vPost not too bad, only problem is very slow. 4 days from US to Changi, and 7 days from Changi to me.

Borderlinx....sucks! They charged me based on dimension of 10x3x12 inch. When I receive it, the actual box is 4x5x6 inch! After I checked with seller, I found out the original wrapping was a 4x9 inch padded envelope only! This is their free repack service! :mad::mad::mad:

The delivery is quick enough, 4 days from US to me. But that's DHL service.

Last edited:

Aloylaptop

Reaction score
hey comgateway users, can help me here with how to use the live quote thingy? cause I am going to buy some tees but they are all different designs, so do I just use the live quote for just 1 item and select quantity 10 if I have ten tees? does the live quote guarantee works this way? :s13: anyway the c/o SGW-CTHGT just key in one of the address line also is it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.