Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw does anyone notice that DVB-T2 does have very good picture quality even with signal quality as low as 30%?

Sometimes I even find the picture very watchable without even pixellations with the quality as low as 10% to 20%.

This is not the case with the DVB-T channels where pixellation occurs below signal quality of something like 80%.
That's because T2 signal is even more robust than that of T1:s12:

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Just restarted the mio stb.
HD channels came on...but i realised okto amd channel U is not HD
Pic quality not much diff...looks slightly brighter and shaper only (maybe cos my tv is HD ready only)
Audio is louder. Now can choose 3 subtitles
subtitles are no more eng+chi

PS: while typing this msg video hanged for 10secs or so

Only 5, 8, Suria and Vas has HD, the others have to wait around 1 to 2 more years time. Yes the HD channels are now more brighter and clearer than their SD variant which i quite like. :)

Last edited:

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seller said they are now away for the CNY holidays, when they come back they will check with their engineers. :o

Upon being asked whether there's a website to check for device specifications and firmware, they said it's better not to try the other firmware, and to only use the firmware that they send us. :o

I guess we will have to be patient. :o

Did you feedback to them about the audio issue?

Thank kew korkor
Pls update us with the latest info

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you have similar information for the test channel? Keen to see its audio channels info because someone mentioned that the China stbs have no audio issue at the test channel. Thanks
Here you are:
2o8ms.jpg

Edit: Draco uses the Sony CXD2837ERH demodulator as shown:
ocuga.jpg

Last edited:

hwsinn

Reaction score
Only 5, 8, Suria and Vas has HD, the others have to wait around 1 to 2 more years time. Yes the HD channels are now more brighter and clearer than their SD variant which i quite like. :)

Other than brighter pic and louder audio (which is right volume) and Single language subtitles, i dun realise increase in clarity or sharpness

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You people scrutinise pixel too much already. I don't see anything incriminating:s22:

I didn't scrutinise, and I did not find any sexpose yet. I just posted a reminder in case he didn't check. :o

LxIxVxE

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Anybody using other antenna?
if signal good, even cheapo less than $5 antenna oso will work
have tried such cheapo antenna with T2 b4, works fine
but the 1m long cable might be too short for some ppl, getting extension cable increase the cost, might as well get the last antenna below

antenna3__zpscb0f1f61.jpg~original

antenna4_zps52b7c8f0.jpg~original

antenna52_zps1b77e364.jpg~original

still prefer the below antenna, comes with 6m long cable
got a few brands, but all same thing
price range from $8 to $12.90
soundtech brand most exp($15 to <$20) but comes with metal plates to clip on pole or windows grills
just get the cheapest one and use cable tie or wat lor
01_zps56154e79.jpg~original

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Those of u guys who have the Aliexpress DVB-T2 box, have u tried watching recorded clips of HD8 on the computer?

In particular, have u noticed that if the audio is left at the default 5.1 channel, the playback is accelerated and the sounds appear chipmunk-like, but if the audio is changed to stereo then playback is normal.

A matter of the codecs?

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
when u press the tv "info" button, is it showing "Dolby Digital" or "Stereo"?

for starhub 8(HD) test channel, today the quality is good, HD with dolby audio... after 6pm no more liao... they ended the testing.
they should continue the test channel during night prime time, so that more subscribers can test the quality. :D
It didnt state stereo or dolby digital but the default audio for the box is stereo but some channel shows that support Dolby will auto convert to dolby digital. :)

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aliexpress DVB-T2 Box :

The working audio track on T2 channels sounds terrible , sounds like low bitrate with alot of high frequency components

T channel's audio are OK

anybody feels the same? or isit just me? :(

singpal

Reaction score
Aliexpress DVB-T2 Box :

The working audio track on T2 channels sounds terrible , sounds like low bitrate with alot of high frequency components

T channel's audio are OK

anybody feels the same? or isit just me? :(

i have the exact audio low quality problem with you, but the test channel sounds crisp and clear, only the 7 FTA T2 channels, may i know which china stb u bought? :)

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if signal good, even cheapo less than $5 antenna oso will work
have tried such cheapo antenna with T2 b4, works fine
but the 1m long cable might be too short for some ppl, getting extension cable increase the cost, might as well get the last antenna below

antenna4_zps52b7c8f0.jpg~original

Didn't know the above can work also :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.