SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi i am about to ord soon and i think i cannot pass my ippt. so what should i do?
just take ippt and fail and go for rt?is that how it is done?
thanks

Year 0 no requirement to pass IPPT. You can always train yourself base on weaker areas and maintain those stations that are manageable to you.

Hence you got 9 mths in year 1 plus whatever remaining time you have before you hit year 1 or the next birthday after your ORD.

If you really can't pass IPPT, suggest you go IPT 1st.

But if you ever go to IPT, PLEASE DON'T BE AS STUPID AS ME. I went go crazy to score PPT3 for the cat test (IPT-IPPT) and now I can't even hit PPT3.
If you know which is your weak station, my ADVICE is to start with PPT0 or just fail badly for he weakest station, so you can have more room to meet the target and slowly improve.

Once you meet PPT target, considered as fulfill your physical requirement for that year and no RT required. You need to attend 10 IPT session though.

But remember you only got 4 years to do so.

nwstbz23

Reaction score
Year 0 no requirement to pass IPPT. You can always train yourself base on weaker areas and maintain those stations that are manageable to you.

Hence you got 9 mths in year 1 plus whatever remaining time you have before you hit year 1 or the next birthday after your ORD.

If you really can't pass IPPT, suggest you go IPT 1st.

But if you ever go to IPT, PLEASE DON'T BE AS STUPID AS ME. I went go crazy to score PPT3 for the cat test (IPT-IPPT) and now I can't even hit PPT3.
If you know which is your weak station, my ADVICE is to start with PPT0 or just fail badly for he weakest station, so you can have more room to meet the target and slowly improve.

Once you meet PPT target, considered as fulfill your physical requirement for that year and no RT required. You need to attend 10 IPT session though.

But remember you only got 4 years to do so.
Agree with Successor. For those who is doing IPT for the very first time,just do badly for all your stations to have a higher chance of getting PPT1 (lowest and easiest PPT standard).

Once you have achieved up to PPT4 (normal IPPT pass standard),you have to pass your IPPT by then =(

Just to clarify,if you feel that you can achieve your PPT standard,just book an IPPT session and you have cleared your IPPT obligation for the period already. No need to do all 10 sessions unless you cannot achieve your PPT standard.

nwstbz23

Reaction score
eh, nowadays RT got new system ah? just went for first session today and was told that there are interval timings at which they will send whoever has in-pro by that timing for the session. so if you come earlier, you finish earlier. is that true?

they got enough man power to do this? which FCC?
I can reply to this as i went for my first RT session today at bedok camp. From the briefing I had,its seems that RT people are now dispatched by waves (in groups of 60) and for those who in-pro earlier get a different colour tag.

In the past, blue tags for failing static with run, red for failing running, green for obese, yellow for failing static stations is no longer applicable liao.First RT session take orange tag. That means now each group will also be doing static,run and IPPT specific training now from what i saw today.

I am not sure about the out pro earlier part and can confirm only after my second RT session.

xxslayer

Reaction score
hey guys. anybody knows whether BMI they will give a bit of buffer? My target is 30 but now I am 30.06.

Hitokirii

Reaction score
If MR before ippt window close, that window need to clear ?

Eg. Birthday is dec. need to clear by sept, but jun already MR

Successor.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys. anybody knows whether BMI they will give a bit of buffer? My target is 30 but now I am 30.06.

Doubt so, if you ask for buffer, EVERY NSMEN also want to ask for buffer. BMI<30 means 29.99 or below. Since its not too far, why can't you just lose abit more weight? I am sure you only have to lose less then 1kg to hit the target.

zero-gabriel

Reaction score
MR'ing in 2014 soon, but...

Hello everyone!
Currently here's my situation...

- Birthday: 26th March 1980
- 7*Hi/3*Lo COMPLETED!!:s13:
- AWAITING MR/Letter...:)
- RECEIVED: Badges, Medal and Watch. (from last 2013 ICT):)
- 22nd DEC 2013 IPPT, FAILED... (the Dreaded 2.4km Run):(
- Received SMS to attend RT within 3-Months window.
- On 3rd Strike already.:(
- Working Security 12Hrs-Shift, 6-D/Week (OFF/Days NOT Guaranteed):(
- Downgrade Pass/Status UNSUCCESSFUL (No Thanks to 'Quack' MO Dr.):mad:

Basically, I'm contemplating if I should just wait till I get my MR/Letter (hopefully meaning RT is no longer required and no 4th strike) or go and do my last RT before my window is closed, despite my (foot problem) Plantar Fasciitis, and I'm sure but I may possibly have 'Flat Foot' from (all that standing at) my Security Job.

Reading from the forum (and the previously CLOSED one) regarding IPPT questions, I getting some crossed/mixed signals and I'm in need of some definitive solid answers before I proceed on what I should do next...

Can anyone help...??:s11:

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from what i see u will MR this april 1st offically...

if u like u can just skip everything and get charged.. for the last time :x

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Currently here's my situation...

- Birthday: 26th March 1980
- 7*Hi/3*Lo COMPLETED!!:s13:
- AWAITING MR/Letter...:)
- RECEIVED: Badges, Medal and Watch. (from last 2013 ICT):)
- 22nd DEC 2013 IPPT, FAILED... (the Dreaded 2.4km Run):(
- Received SMS to attend RT within 3-Months window.
- On 3rd Strike already.:(
- Working Security 12Hrs-Shift, 6-D/Week (OFF/Days NOT Guaranteed):(
- Downgrade Pass/Status UNSUCCESSFUL (No Thanks to 'Quack' MO Dr.):mad:

Basically, I'm contemplating if I should just wait till I get my MR/Letter (hopefully meaning RT is no longer required and no 4th strike) or go and do my last RT before my window is closed, despite my (foot problem) Plantar Fasciitis, and I'm sure but I may possibly have 'Flat Foot' from (all that standing at) my Security Job.

Reading from the forum (and the previously CLOSED one) regarding IPPT questions, I getting some crossed/mixed signals and I'm in need of some definitive solid answers before I proceed on what I should do next...

Can anyone help...??:s11:

From what I understand in my ICT briefing, if anyone RT window closes before your MR date, you will need to attend your RT. If not, you will still be liable for charge even after you MR on 1st Apr. I doubt they will do much except for fine at most. That's what I think but it's up for you to see if the risk is worth taking.

redevils

Master Member
Reaction score
You have to complete all 10 IPT sessions for you to use the ppt in the last 3 months.

I have completed my 10 ipt sessions but still have not cleared my ppt band yet.

I can continue to attempt my ippt using my ppt for the last 3 mths? Have to book non-ict ippt?

zero-gabriel

Reaction score
From what I understand in my ICT briefing, if anyone RT window closes before your MR date, you will need to attend your RT. If not, you will still be liable for charge even after you MR on 1st Apr. I doubt they will do much except for fine at most. That's what I think but it's up for you to see if the risk is worth taking.

:s11: Even if I'm on my 3rd strike right now, if I skip on to my 4th-strike and you said "Fined", you sure it's not Fined+DB? Also, how much do you think my 4th-strike Fine will be...??:(

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s11: Even if I'm on my 3rd strike right now, if I skip on to my 4th-strike and you said "Fined", you sure it's not Fined+DB? Also, how much do you think my 4th-strike Fine will be...??:(

Like I said, it's up to you to see if you want to take the risk. If not, then go for 20 sessions of RT lor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.