The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirm heavier la hahaha u like comparing a pingpong ball with bowling ball

That's a very far comparison between both leh. :sad:

Still trying to find the correct amount to use. Lazy liao, tomorrow continue trail and error.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
don't forget to post your pic here. LOL :D

My hair is not even close to the level of you guys. Post alr I also paiseh. Usually I don't really care about my hair but part of my new year resolution to look more professional.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lai lai! who ready for GD/SF promo! lol gonna hoot 1 x good one to supply you all!

cutthroat

Reaction score
Ok, time for my FR on the younger brother of the much raved GD; Silver Fox.
This is my first FR/product review ever so might be a bit of lengthy with some stories.

First off, 5 Stars for the "service" provided by our shuai ge gaoxing. Now i see why so many ppl fapping to him, good looking guy. I had contacted him to get a tub of SF last week and he told me collection was on Monday onwards as his weekend schedule was unpredictable. Friday evening i texted him to see if he can squeeze out 5 mins to meet me as it was the weekend and i had run out of product to use. Certain areas of my hair tend to wave a bit at the ends when no product (a bit like Liam Hemsworth's waves). It's bearable but i have a bit of OCD when it comes to hair.
I offered to go down to GX's place directly and he was kind enough to accommodate me at 11pm. Yup GX thats me, i look like pinoy? xD in case you're wondering i'm neither one of the 3 major races in SG either.
He spent some time talking and advising me about the product and even let me touch his hair to feel the texture.

Ok so opened the tub and took a sniff. The scent was a little musky, the pleasant sort. Reminded me of cologne from Davidoff or Ralph Lauren. Do note however that scent is a very personal and subjective to individual preference. It looks like cement, slightly tough to dig out but no issue really.
Now, other than Fudge Matte Head all the other products i have used are off rack from supermarkets namely Gatsby. Trying Silverfox i seriously felt like a caveman who discovered fire.

Used just a tiny bit, about half of what you normally see in Slikhaar's videos rubbed it in my palms till it heated up and ran it through my hair. To my surprise despite its dry appearance it ran through my hair smoothly unlike Gatsby which you get a lot of resistance and hair drops.
Raked my hair with my hands only and in a few swift moves the pomp i created was to my satisfaction. Didn't have to keep redoing or attempting to force hair in certain areas into place. It has somewhat of a shine finish not as much as i'd like but sufficient.
I normally use Osis Freeze strength 3 to finish off as i do not like restyling my hair and like it to sit in the same place the whole day but i went without spray this time. The scent on this thing has got me absolutely addicted.

Test against nature: I frequented Tanjong Pagar and Harborfront area last year so i know the wind conditions there. However the wind there is like a cake walk as compared to the wind in my area. I run a shop under a block facing a huge open and unobstructed space. The winds here are all day long and are so strong they can push chairs (those kopitiam type) 1-2 meters away(similar to the wind you see in GX's video. With such strong wind i didn't expect too much tbh. Wind blew against the direction i styled by hair in and to my surprise not all my hair got pushed upwards like Johnny Bravo but rather just a little in the center flew and looked like Ultraman. Went to the toilet to restyle and i got it back into place in 1 swift move. Repeated this a few times over the day and it was such a breeze to restyle. Really never encountered this before. Tested restyling with a fine tooth comb. Those who have done this with other cheaper waxes know its a big no-no. Once again to my surprise it didn't screw up my wavy ends and NO FLAKES! SUGOI DESU!

Test #2: I know its not a healthy habit but sometimes when im too tired from work i just crash with wax still in my hair. Dont go all eeeee on me. We have all done this. So i intentionally went to bed with the SF still in my hair to see if i would wake up looking like C4 exploded on my head(it normally looks like that with other waxes). After 6 hours of sleep i looked in the mirror and my hair was out of place of course but very very toned down as compared to normal. I literally went "Wow". I could still restyle it with 1-2 attempts and it looked great again. Actually i thought it looked even better! Still no flaking! Do note that i don't have flat hair issue, i do have some natural volume so it normally looks unforgiving when i sleep with wax in my hair. All in all i had that little bit of product in my hair for over 30 hours.

Overall this a fan-****ing-tastic product with great hold and restyling ability(considering i had it in for that long). Unlike any other i have used and i really like it. Only wish it had more shine cause i believe if you wanna wear a classic hairdo like pomps/quiffs no matter now modified it is it has to have a slick shine to look classic. Having said that perhaps lesser shine will suit certain outfits better. Also wish SF and GD were more easily available here :p May just get a tub of Layrite Pomade for formal wear.

A tip for those who have issue forming volume, Styling your hair in the opposite direction it grows in normally automatically adds volume. I didn't use any SSS. I normally style my hair in the direction it grows in so what i did was to blowdry in the opposite direction, get SF all over my hands then run it through hair and push it back in the correct direction. So you can either try styling in opp direction or blowdrying in opp direction.

/EndofRant

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shaving will cause a slight shadow over at your armpits so if you're fair, its always better to go for IPL or pluck it.

I'm an armpit lover mah. :s13:

then erm shave or pluck facial hair got difference? I shave will always get "grey" areas one :o

my center of the head the hair always like flower 1 leh :s22:
how ah? it like flower bloomed liddat :s13:
tell the salon simi?
and if wan keep hair length but too much hair?

<< last time always cut botak so dk all the terms :s22:

elite koi didi now also follow hair?

your hair stand up is because you every time cut 'bao'(thin) so your hair will naturally stand. if you keep more length then it will be heavier then it will drop down.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, time for my FR on the younger brother of the much raved GD; Silver Fox.
This is my first FR/product review ever so might be a bit of lengthy with some stories.

First off, 5 Stars for the "service" provided by our shuai ge gaoxing. Now i see why so many ppl fapping to him, good looking guy. I had contacted him to get a tub of SF last week and he told me collection was on Monday onwards as his weekend schedule was unpredictable. Friday evening i texted him to see if he can squeeze out 5 mins to meet me as it was the weekend and i had run out of product to use. Certain areas of my hair tend to wave a bit at the ends when no product (a bit like Liam Hemsworth's waves). It's bearable but i have a bit of OCD when it comes to hair.
I offered to go down to GX's place directly and he was kind enough to accommodate me at 11pm. Yup GX thats me, i look like pinoy? xD in case you're wondering i'm neither one of the 3 major races in SG either.
He spent some time talking and advising me about the product and even let me touch his hair to feel the texture.

Ok so opened the tub and took a sniff. The scent was a little musky, the pleasant sort. Reminded me of cologne from Davidoff or Ralph Lauren. Do note however that scent is a very personal and subjective to individual preference. It looks like cement, slightly tough to dig out but no issue really.
Now, other than Fudge Matte Head all the other products i have used are off rack from supermarkets namely Gatsby. Trying Silverfox i seriously felt like a caveman who discovered fire.

Used just a tiny bit, about half of what you normally see in Slikhaar's videos rubbed it in my palms till it heated up and ran it through my hair. To my surprise despite its dry appearance it ran through my hair smoothly unlike Gatsby which you get a lot of resistance and hair drops.
Raked my hair with my hands only and in a few swift moves the pomp i created was to my satisfaction. Didn't have to keep redoing or attempting to force hair in certain areas into place. It has somewhat of a shine finish not as much as i'd like but sufficient.
I normally use Osis Freeze strength 3 to finish off as i do not like restyling my hair and like it to sit in the same place the whole day but i went without spray this time. The scent on this thing has got me absolutely addicted.

Test against nature: I frequented Tanjong Pagar and Harborfront area last year so i know the wind conditions there. However the wind there is like a cake walk as compared to the wind in my area. I run a shop under a block facing a huge open and unobstructed space. The winds here are all day long and are so strong they can push chairs (those kopitiam type) 1-2 meters away(similar to the wind you see in GX's video. With such strong wind i didn't expect too much tbh. Wind blew against the direction i styled by hair in and to my surprise not all my hair got pushed upwards like Johnny Bravo but rather just a little in the center flew and looked like Ultraman. Went to the toilet to restyle and i got it back into place in 1 swift move. Repeated this a few times over the day and it was such a breeze to restyle. Really never encountered this before. Tested restyling with a fine tooth comb. Those who have done this with other cheaper waxes know its a big no-no. Once again to my surprise it didn't screw up my wavy ends and NO FLAKES! SUGOI DESU!

Test #2: I know its not a healthy habit but sometimes when im too tired from work i just crash with wax still in my hair. Dont go all eeeee on me. We have all done this. So i intentionally went to bed with the SF still in my hair to see if i would wake up looking like C4 exploded on my head(it normally looks like that with other waxes). After 6 hours of sleep i looked in the mirror and my hair was out of place of course but very very toned down as compared to normal. I literally went "Wow". I could still restyle it with 1-2 attempts and it looked great again. Actually i thought it looked even better! Still no flaking! Do note that i don't have flat hair issue, i do have some natural volume so it normally looks unforgiving when i sleep with wax in my hair. All in all i had that little bit of product in my hair for over 30 hours.

Overall this a fan-****ing-tastic product with great hold and restyling ability(considering i had it in for that long). Unlike any other i have used and i really like it. Only wish it had more shine cause i believe if you wanna wear a classic hairdo like pomps/quiffs no matter now modified it is it has to have a slick shine to look classic. Having said that perhaps lesser shine will suit certain outfits better. Also wish SF and GD were more easily available here :p May just get a tub of Layrite Pomade for formal wear.

A tip for those who have issue forming volume, Styling your hair in the opposite direction it grows in normally automatically adds volume. I didn't use any SSS. I normally style my hair in the direction it grows in so what i did was to blowdry in the opposite direction, get SF all over my hands then run it through hair and push it back in the correct direction. So you can either try styling in opp direction or blowdrying in opp direction.

/EndofRant
Wow! Lol what race? I wondered when Otw back. Def not pinoy. Lol. You look mix?

Anyway, try added a drop of water. May create a lot more shine.

Thanks for review man! Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.