Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurov_86

Reaction score
Hi bros,
Any good company besides Gain city to source aircon??
Heard Creation from a contractor.…but review was that after sales were aweful and hard to contact..
Any other company besides this??any review of cool-serve, naturalcool and ct-aircon??

Thx a lot to all those bro who have helped answer..I appreciate your advice and hope to solve this riddle before I get oing for my honeymoon...

Thx all...

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Need your quick recommendations for aircon models/ brand.

Am intending buy/ install aircon at my parent's place.
(3 rooms: 2 beedrooms + living room).

Preferably 3 ticks (4 ticks also ok).
No need special features..

Budget: Mid range budget as I'm paying for it lols. I do intend to get something could last long but most importantly it's economical (electricity friendly) as they pay their own bills.
They usually need aircon when the weather is hot. Otherwise they would only use fan (i.e. don't on the aircon 24/7).

I did my own recon at Best Denki and Courts but not sure what to pick.
I browsed through most of the replies in this forum and I realised Mitsubishi is the preferred brand/ model? (I will avoid Daikin as this brand has failed us alot of times)

I am clueless about aircon as I don't own one personally.

Thanks so much for your inputs!

Mitsubishi - Heating as well as cooling office and commercial environments, easier to clean. Electricity saving and dead silent.

boneyrag

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys.. I'm planning to do up a new sys-2 air conditioning in my house.. are there anything I need to take note of before deciding on a installer? I should most likely be buying from gain or best and what do I need to lookout for? E.g. warranty, installation works or something?

Thanks in advance :)

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi bros,
Any good company besides Gain city to source aircon??
Heard Creation from a contractor.…but review was that after sales were aweful and hard to contact..
Any other company besides this??any review of cool-serve, naturalcool and ct-aircon??

Thx a lot to all those bro who have helped answer..I appreciate your advice and hope to solve this riddle before I get oing for my honeymoon...

Thx all...
For installing workmanship Gain city still is the best team in Sg ....but after sales and service ...hehe ...:)

terumo

Reaction score
To boneyrag,

Between Gain & Best, i will chose Gain.
Or u can PM mi for my contact.

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone has installation done recently by Allbest ? I went to their IMM shop. Saw some bad feedback from years ago but not sure how it is recently...

s016

Reaction score
Is there any recommendations for just 1 room? Is a single split unit OK?

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To civicguy,

Every company will have good/bad reviews.
Materials used/Pricing are things u can consider before purchase.
Workmanship/After sales, only u will know after the purchase... :)

SWQ1621

Reaction score
Sorry if this off topic.. I need to service my aircon. Leaking already.. Only 1 year old.. Haizz.. Any recommendations?

dhc1980

Reaction score
Anyone has installation done recently by Allbest ? I went to their IMM shop. Saw some bad feedback from years ago but not sure how it is recently...

Second this post. i just found out a new Allbest shop open at east side.

before, i planned to get from GC for their offer of 3 year workmanship, 5 years warranty, bigger company, should be able to last 5 years until my warranty is over.

and my preference is MHI (for their lower power, ION/filter, low standby power consumption)>ME (merely aircon, no ION etc, high standby power consumption).

but after talking to this Allbest person, i unable to decide.

they are offering 5 years workman ship--which i feel quite tempting. but not sure if this company can survive or not after 5 years.

also they claim MHI is made in China and inferior to ME.?? the ION sheet is a cheat. Panasonic or Sharp ION is the true one.
and MHI may not actually be more energy efficient than ME.
and my 26 yo old flat, have to use existing power point, which can only have 19000+ BTU for MHI. ME can run at 24000+...

any one can help on this pls?before i make deposit...they say the offer is only until 29 Jan. after CNY, dont know what will be the price.

Last edited:

Robche

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Need your quick recommendations for aircon models/ brand.

Am intending buy/ install aircon at my parent's place.
(3 rooms: 2 beedrooms + living room).

Preferably 3 ticks (4 ticks also ok).
No need special features..

Budget: Mid range budget as I'm paying for it lols. I do intend to get something could last long but most importantly it's economical (electricity friendly) as they pay their own bills.
They usually need aircon when the weather is hot. Otherwise they would only use fan (i.e. don't on the aircon 24/7).

I did my own recon at Best Denki and Courts but not sure what to pick.
I browsed through most of the replies in this forum and I realised Mitsubishi is the preferred brand/ model? (I will avoid Daikin as this brand has failed us alot of times)

I am clueless about aircon as I don't own one personally.

Thanks so much for your inputs!
segafan

May I know what problems you have encountered with your Daikin?

F3Rm1nat0r

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just bought a cups9nkz panasonic inverter from gsin city (system 1)
chose the basic insulation (armex) and didnt upgrade to 5 year warranty
total price 779$ (with free 50$ voucher)

katoboy

Reaction score
Hi, guy anybody can give me advise that between the 3 model Mitsubishi heavy industries system 4 inverter / Mitsubishi star-max system 4 inverter and Daikin system 4 inverter which model to choose as I just want to be durable lasting and spare parts that easy to find in case of breakdown for my HDB flat my budget include to change the all old piping for $5,000 hope is enough any advise or personal preference suggest is appreciated :)

LifeCreator

Reaction score
Any recommend reliable airco dealer

Hi all, i am currently looking for Panasonic/ Daikin or Mitsubishi E's System 4 for new flat, any reliable dealers recommend? Thanks in advance.

dribee

Reaction score
My 7 year old 4 split a/c might need replacement, depends on assessment. Toshiba error code 02 and 14.

It didn't occur to me deciding on a replacement a/c set can be quite a complex matter.

Current set up and usage:
1. My new generation HDB home, with a/c parapet:
1 hall, 3 bedrooms.
2. Usage:
a. Bedtime: 1 master bedroom. Might be 2 bedrooms starting soon if my elder child starts to sleep in a separate room.
b. Hall: Mostly a couple of hours on evenings on most weekends and some evenings on weekdays.
3. Operating Temp: 26 degrees on existing a/c. Usually on 'Economy' mode.

Here are some questions, in the interest of electricity consumption, system longevity and lowering cost of next replacement:
1. Can I and should I install a system 4 set
OR split it up 2x system 2, and in which room pairing? Thinking about when the next replacement, I need not replace the entire system 4 set.

2. Based on my usage type and temperature, to use inverter or non-inverter?

Thanks a lot!

naveen99

Banned
Reaction score
I have 2 sets of System 3 Mitsubishi Starmex installed 11 yrs ago and to date only one repair done. I am not sure of the quality of the latest batch of ME Starmex but based on my experience I would recommend nothing else other than ME Starmex.

terumo

Reaction score
To dribee,

Ur aircon ledge allows space for 2 outdoor unit aka compressor?
Have to consider this first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.