iNO One non-camera smart phone

cy

Reaction score
I had this problem too. charged to 100% in the night before and when I wake up in the morning, I realized my phone was dead. I tried charging it and powering it up with no luck. Finally, I removed the battery and place it back and it was able to power up. After which I did a master reset and keep my apps installed at a minimum (Whatsapp, Chrome, Facebook). I am still monitoring. This could be a software issue. So far no shutdowns yet. Hope more will contribute to the symptoms to this issue.

Hope it stays ok too. It could be apps or hardware. But I'm more incline to think it's hardware. What I had installed on my INO 2 is only about half of my INO one. Never encounter any shutdown on the INO one.

Get us all posted on any issues ok? Thanks :)

MicTan87

Reaction score
Hope it stays ok too. It could be apps or hardware. But I'm more incline to think it's hardware. What I had installed on my INO 2 is only about half of my INO one. Never encounter any shutdown on the INO one.

Get us all posted on any issues ok? Thanks :)

My ino 2 also had sudden shutdowns problem and I called the service centre, the staff ask me to do a factory reset and ask me not to install any apps for the phone. Now I am using a stupid smartphone with out apps and feel very angry as it like my fault that the phone sudden shutdowns. Was thinking of changing back to my ino one plus. :s22:

cy

Reaction score
My ino 2 also had sudden shutdowns problem and I called the service centre, the staff ask me to do a factory reset and ask me not to install any apps for the phone. Now I am using a stupid smartphone with out apps and feel very angry as it like my fault that the phone sudden shutdowns. Was thinking of changing back to my ino one plus. :s22:

No way! If don't install apps, I'm better off w a Nokia E61. That's a rubbish suggestion from the staff.

However, I had tried switching over to Sim 2 and it seems to be more stable ie less cases of shutdown.

I'd been running my set now for about 9hrs w/o issues. Will update status by morning. It's really frustrating to see this happen :(

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try using the sim 2 slot. my friend also has the cannot wake up from dead issue when using sim 1 slot.

cy

Reaction score
Switched over to using Sim 1 last night before I go to sleep. All good. Let's monitor and update as we go along.

spinball

Reaction score
They don't have an idea what's causing the fail to wake up/ shutdown. They said could be hardware as already a few sets like that. But the majority are ok so far.

Just an update. My original set fail to wake this morning. So when I notice this, I immediately use my office phone to call my number. It said no service. That being the case, most likely is the phone shutdown by itself for some reason.

Hope this don't happen on my replacement set.

After using for about a week, encountered this device fail to wake up problem once yesterday... After pulling out the battery... so far so good.... never encounter this problem again...

MicTan87

Reaction score
After using for about a week, encountered this device fail to wake up problem once yesterday... After pulling out the battery... so far so good.... never encounter this problem again...

Yes, the sudden shutdowns problem was encountered after 1 week of use and it will keep on sudden shutdowns the phone when the phone is not using. Even kena scolded by my boss for off the phone which the phone sudden shutdowns and he could not contact me. :(

twentytwoeighty

Reaction score
wah ...jialat :eek:

better wait another 3 months

Seriously hor, when Ah Tiongs can hand craft cameraless versions of Lenovo A820s and sell them for S$200, mass producing phones in PRC without any camera should be piece of cake. I don't understand why iNO keep failing so hard at this.

gohnick

Reaction score
I had this problem too. charged to 100% in the night before and when I wake up in the morning, I realized my phone was dead. I tried charging it and powering it up with no luck. Finally, I removed the battery and place it back and it was able to power up. After which I did a master reset and keep my apps installed at a minimum (Whatsapp, Chrome, Facebook). I am still monitoring. This could be a software issue. So far no shutdowns yet. Hope more will contribute to the symptoms to this issue.

Hi all,

Just an update, looks like my set is having a hardware issue rather than software. I tested using both Sim 1 and Sim 2 slots and installing minimum applications (Whatsapp, Chrome, Facebook with the other google's applications). My phone had auto shutdown a few times and everytime consuming more than 40% battery life while left to standby after i removed the battery and on the phone again. Haizzzzzzzzzzzzz. :s11:

MicTan87

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just an update, looks like my set is having a hardware issue rather than software. I tested using both Sim 1 and Sim 2 slots and installing minimum applications (Whatsapp, Chrome, Facebook with the other google's applications). My phone had auto shutdown a few times and everytime consuming more than 40% battery life while left to standby after i removed the battery and on the phone again. Haizzzzzzzzzzzzz. :s11:

Have been testing the phone on Chinese New Year and the sudden shutdowns problem come again even with out any apps install in about 1 week after I factory reset the phone. I think the phone need to do a factory reset every week when the sudden shutdowns problem start coming. :s22:

weeza77

Reaction score
I suspect 'Media' process is running non stop. Can anyone check under Apps, Running?

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine no shutdown problem so far.

media process is under cached background process.

cy

Reaction score
Have been testing the phone on Chinese New Year and the sudden shutdowns problem come again even with out any apps install in about 1 week after I factory reset the phone. I think the phone need to do a factory reset every week when the sudden shutdowns problem start coming. :s22:

Mine had been OK for e last 7 days. Pls get it exchanged. It's ridiculous to ask you to have min apps.

Not sure if it helps, but i never off my phone and will leave it charging overnight, regardless of e state of battery before I start charging. I just want to start e morning w a full charge.

MicTan87

Reaction score
Mine had been OK for e last 7 days. Pls get it exchanged. It's ridiculous to ask you to have min apps.

Not sure if it helps, but i never off my phone and will leave it charging overnight, regardless of e state of battery before I start charging. I just want to start e morning w a full charge.

I think the phone I use had hardware problem and the silver part starting to peel off on the side of the phone. Will be going back to the service centre again to exchange the phone. Hope after the exchange the phone will be find if not will give up on the ino 2 and use back my ino one plus.

alvinyansg

Reaction score
just gave their office a call...
ino 2 still selling at $328 without discount...
seems reviews are still gd...
now considering to give them another chance and take up their ino2...
my ino one just surface a new problem this morning, cutting my phone calls halfway on its own...
was on the phone for about 10-15 secs when it cut my line...
restarted my phone and same thing happened...

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
just gave their office a call...
ino 2 still selling at $328 without discount...
seems reviews are still gd...
now considering to give them another chance and take up their ino2...
my ino one just surface a new problem this morning, cutting my phone calls halfway on its own...
was on the phone for about 10-15 secs when it cut my line...
restarted my phone and same thing happened...

as a exist ino one plus user, i think it is a massive improvement hehe.

only thing is whether you find it worth to pay almost 300 for it :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.