Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

yes1705

Master Member
Reaction score
Tracking, Track Parcels, Packages, Shipments | DHL Express Tracking

Can you tell which of these two deliveries is Express (2-3 days) and Standard (4-6 days)? Borderlinx.com uses DHL.

DHL is only a third party delivery contractor. I contacted Borderlinx on my Express delivery not much faster than Standard delivery, they said there is nothing they can do instead of escalating to warehouse people to check.

My advice, save your money and only use Standard delivery. You cannot be disappointed with Standard delivery.

The only difference is the processing time. Actual delivery no speed difference. You pay that extra for them to process your package 1-2 days quicker is all

I beg to differ. I checked and found the processing time not faster than when I chose standard shipping.

Borderlinx Customer Service suggested DHL to blame for the slower shipping, which I totally disagreed. :(

barrage92

Reaction score
Anyone has use CGW's BuyForMe Form before? May I ask how accurate is it and how long will it take to process? First timer here.

ChickenWingzz

Reaction score
Hi trying to buy a metal detector from a US website. Product Dimensions: 28.2 x 10 x 6.2 inches ; 4 pounds. Tried using borderlinx to estimate my shipping costs and the shipping cost turned out to be more expensive than the item itself o.o Any cheaper alternatives? thx

liburan_natal

Reaction score
chat transcript post previously is from borderlinx? i though from comgateway?

At the start, the guy called Albert said "Welcome to Borderlinx"

Anyone has use CGW's BuyForMe Form before? May I ask how accurate is it and how long will it take to process? First timer here.
What do you mean by accurate? Should be accurate because they want you to "pay first" (the funds will be held by them first, in the event that they refuse your request, they will reverse the transaction) before placing the BuyForMe :D

Usually within 24 hours I already receive confirmation whether the order has been successfully placed or CGW is unable to place the order. Got one time I put an order on a Saturday and I received the email on a Sunday so I am not sure if this service is actually running 24/7.

barrage92

Reaction score
At the start, the guy called Albert said "Welcome to Borderlinx"

What do you mean by accurate? Should be accurate because they want you to "pay first" (the funds will be held by them first, in the event that they refuse your request, they will reverse the transaction) before placing the BuyForMe :D

Usually within 24 hours I already receive confirmation whether the order has been successfully placed or CGW is unable to place the order. Got one time I put an order on a Saturday and I received the email on a Sunday so I am not sure if this service is actually running 24/7.

Sorry, I meant precise:D Thanks for the heads up! Now I can order something for the states in peace.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to confirm that comGateway can ship this particular item in question to Singapore - it would probably be classified as a fashion accessory.

We respond to you via your registered email with us, within a maximum of 2 working days. If you do not receive any correspondence from us after this period, please do login to your account and have a chat with us. (Services + Support --> Contact Us)

BuyForMe service, any idea how much total payment for this gucci crossbody bags? can come with paper bag? this crossbody bag no longer available in Singapore.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone order from coach factory using freight forwarder? There's coach factory mo at mass order threads shipping cost is $83 and he charged us currency 1.6.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The main downside I had with using CGW BFM, was that I was not the original purchaser. I had an issue with one of the items, and effectively couldn't return it directly to the merchant for an exchange.

(I was sent the wrong size, and I simply sold it on HWZ instead. That said, it wasn't CGW's fault at all.)

For some other items, you'll need the original invoice for warranty purposes (eg: some laptops w intl warranty). I'm to understand that you can request for it in your initial BFM request - if you don't, the original purchase invoice is not included.

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long do your items take to be updated by cgw ah

my item was delivered over 24 hours ago and no update. Their customer service send meail also havent reply...

slushie

Reaction score
Anyone knows how to ship from Australia to Singapore? Vpost cgw and all only provides us addresses. Anyone tried online shopping sites based in Australia?
This site does not ship from Australia to US too so I'm wondering if there's any other way?

Help is much appreciated!! :)

mohdFaiz

Reaction score
hi,

may i know which is cheaper?

1) manual ordering then send to borderlinx address followed by shipment to sg,
2) manual ordering sent to vPost address followed by shipment,
3) vPost4u,
4) comgateway BuyForMe?

also, is there a concierge shopping service by borderlinx?

sorry i'm rather new to all this and thanks in advance!

live2snap

Reaction score
hi,

3) vPost4u,
4) comgateway BuyForMe?

sorry i'm rather new to all this and thanks in advance!

Avoid vPost. I had bad experience with them...having lost one item during shipment. The reply that I got is only "Sorry". Luckily, Amazon is able to get a replacement for me which I ship using borderlinx.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long do your items take to be updated by cgw ah

my item was delivered over 24 hours ago and no update. Their customer service send meail also havent reply...

They usually need 1-2 days to match incoming packages to accounts.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

3) vPost4u,
4) comgateway BuyForMe?

a) Avoid vpost. Read though the various threads on the random issues encountered (delayed, lost, misdirected, damaged packages; you name it, and you'll probably find a story, or six, about it on this thread...)
b) BL has a concierge service, and it's free. (CGW charges 5%)
c) If you can order it manually, it's usually cheaper than having the service buy it for you. (*) Use the 'buy for me' type of service only if the merchant does not accept SG issued CCs.
d) BL is located in Dayton, OH; and you may have to pay US sales tax (~7.25%) when buying from some merchants. CGW is in Portland, OH, and has no US sales tax (0%).

Cheapest may be to use Vpost; but you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay a few dollars more for a smooth and trouble-free purchase. You won't go too wrong with either CGW or BL.

HSG is CGW rebranded with a 10% discount on shipping rates, but you must pay with Paypal.

(*) While BL doesn't charge a concierge fee, you must pay with a Citibank CC, which doesn't give the best exchange rates. I usually get a better rate when I make overseas purchases with a non-citi CC.

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They usually need 1-2 days to match incoming packages to accounts.

yea its been slightly over 2 days now, which is why I'm kind of worried

Previously all my other packages were matched within a day

mohdFaiz

Reaction score
Avoid vPost. I had bad experience with them...having lost one item during shipment. The reply that I got is only "Sorry". Luckily, Amazon is able to get a replacement for me which I ship using borderlinx.

a) Avoid vpost. Read though the various threads on the random issues encountered (delayed, lost, misdirected, damaged packages; you name it, and you'll probably find a story, or six, about it on this thread...)
b) BL has a concierge service, and it's free. (CGW charges 5%)
c) If you can order it manually, it's usually cheaper than having the service buy it for you. (*) Use the 'buy for me' type of service only if the merchant does not accept SG issued CCs.
d) BL is located in Dayton, OH; and you may have to pay US sales tax (~7.25%) when buying from some merchants. CGW is in Portland, OH, and has no US sales tax (0%).

Cheapest may be to use Vpost; but you get what you pay for. I'd rather pay a few dollars more for a smooth and trouble-free purchase. You won't go too wrong with either CGW or BL.

HSG is CGW rebranded with a 10% discount on shipping rates, but you must pay with Paypal.

(*) While BL doesn't charge a concierge fee, you must pay with a Citibank CC, which doesn't give the best exchange rates. I usually get a better rate when I make overseas purchases with a non-citi CC.

well one thing is I will avoid vPost. thanks.
but what about vShop4u? technically it's under vPost but any reviews about this service? as bad as vpost?

I did sign up for borderlinx account but turns out u need a citibank cc to complete the account registration. I thought they preferred citibank, not that it's a must. so I guess my choices are down to CGW and the hopshopgo which u just mentioned. will read up about it before deciding. thanks again!

Reaction score
[HELP] Amazon shipped to my US Borderlinx address on Saturday

2/08/2014 - Saturday
1:05 pm
Delivery exception

DAYTON, OH

Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery

first time using a forwarder.
see my Borderlinx account theres no goods awaiting shipping. Borderlinx warehouse not operating on Saturdays?

I have emailed BL and they replied telling me to ask Amazon to send the shipment bet mon-fri.

hmm so will they call amazon/fed-ex to reschedule the delivery?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.