Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dribee

Reaction score
To dribee,

Ur aircon ledge allows space for 2 outdoor unit aka compressor?
Have to consider this first.

Thanks Terumo. I'm not sure if power loading permits and now that you mentioned, I should get the width measured!

terumo

Reaction score
To dribee,
If u have a aircon ledge, most likely power loading is not an issue.
2 metre in width should be enough for 2 outdoor unit.

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is a Daikin non-inverter, system 3.

Running for 5-6 yrs no prob but last few days the unit in my room blowing room temp air, so not cooling the room at all :(

The other 2 units are fine.

Could it be a gas problem?

terumo

Reaction score
To plasticpistola,

If non inverter, there is only 1 compressor serving all 3 rooms.
Most likely the compressor should be ok.
Maybe ur fancoil is having some issues.

To katoboy,
I will chose Mit Electric.

benoit_nly

Reaction score
Hi all, i am currently looking for Panasonic/ Daikin or Mitsubishi E's System 4 for new flat, any reliable dealers recommend? Thanks in advance.

can try this company called newway. quite reputable for their quality. i have used them since abt a year ago and recommended to many of my friends. so far everyone is happy with their services. i think they do installation as well. if you r interested can go their website (newway.sg) to check it out or just google them. hope it helps!

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Plasticpistola,

Is there any blinking at your indoor unit?

Chances are you have a signal wiring fault whereby signal is not transmitted to the outdoor condenser to command the operation of the unit.

There is also possibility that you have indoor pcb or solenoid valve malfunction.

For Daikin non-inverter there is only 1 compressor serving all 3 indoor units hence if the other 2 units are fine, it is not likely a gas shortage problem.

Would suggest that you have your aircon contractor to do a check so as to determine the actual fault.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Mine is a Daikin non-inverter, system 3.

Running for 5-6 yrs no prob but last few days the unit in my room blowing room temp air, so not cooling the room at all :(

The other 2 units are fine.

Could it be a gas problem?

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just checking is it possible to get the following System 4 with the below requirement.

I do not need to have them all on at one go, at most living rm and master rm together.

1 * 17000 BTU/hr (Living Rm)
1 * 10000 BTU/hr (Master BR)
2 * 6000 BTU/hrs (Rooms)

Please give me some recommedation based on 1 compressor as I'm not allow to install 2 on my AC ledge.

terumo

Reaction score
To apriliasiao,

U can get a sys 4 with 27k btu compressor.
18k btu x 1, 12k x 1, 9k x 2.

therealsamhui

Master Member
Reaction score
Need help on Starmex.

Installing 1 living room+3 bedroom. For aircon sys, can I choose MXY 4A28VA+3*10VA+18VA?

What is the thing to request when ask for quote?
I only managed to google
g23 copper pipe
3/8 class 1 Armaflex
13mm pipe

Last edited:

therealsamhui

Master Member
Reaction score
Here are the 10 companies for aircon (Please pm me if I miss out any big player). I will email everyone of them for quote for ME starmex sys 4 (28va outdoor+3*10va+1*18va) and update here to serve as a record for myself and for you.

1) Gain City: 3919. They called me. They say that they did not outsource installation of aircon. They only outsource delivery of appliances.
2) coolserve: 3991. http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs...me='MXY-4A28VA / 3 X MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE18VA'
3) allbest
4) best tech: 3699. They claim armaflex is not good. Now use yama* because of condensation issue
5) best denki: iirc their price is like courts. I encountered rude service so not going to see price
6) courts 4500
7) aircon design
8) hong tar: 3900. upgrade to ½ thick Class O thermaflex for indoor gas pipe unit and Class 1 black rubber insuflex for outdoor gas pipe unit, Singapore Keystone cable, 16mm pvc pipe. Feel insincere as I have sent my requirement and they just send me back a generic one.
9) natural cool: Website still shows 2012. Bad first impression. Call and the salesgirl sound very rude. Quoted me 4200
10) TimWong@renotalk (hong huat): 3779 free upgrade to 1/2inch armaflex and 16mm pipe and 2 trip. Impression: very polite and fast in replying email. Sent 2am reply 9am. Send again 9.01am reply 9.02am. 1 year workmanship.

Last edited:

therealsamhui

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought from gain city for 3969 (28va+3x10va+24va). They having a warehouse sale so got one 250 voucher which they deduct from and nett 3719.

Salesman offer me 499 4 year extended warranty and I told him I decided in a day. Should I buy the extended warranty?

Also now is 3/8 armaflex and g23. They offer 240 to change to g22 and 1/2 armaflex. Should I?

Please advise. Btw gain city say they only use sinkie and malaysian for installation and they dun outsource installation. Talk to 2 staff they also like that say

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To therealsamhui,

Pls note the T & C for the extended warranty.
U may need to engage them for regular servicing for the warranty to be valid.

therealsamhui

Master Member
Reaction score
To therealsamhui,

Pls note the T & C for the extended warranty.
U may need to engage them for regular servicing for the warranty to be valid.

thanks. anyway I decided against the extended warranty as I put the chance of breaking down in 5 years as 20%.

In simple math, 20%*cost of repairing=$499. cost of repairing= S$2500. I dun believe cost of repairing will be so expensive

Cloud_Evolution

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried trends before? NTUC xtra outsource their aircon division to this company. Price wise is ok, but i was attracted to their non-inv daikin sys3 and midea sys 3 inv price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.