My Tokyo Nom Nom Thread

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score
Is honke available in tokyo? would love to try it

Actually, for most jap restaurant, lunch would be cheaper. Hence i'll always try to plan these more expensive feeds on lunch BUT, i realised that not all these restaurant serve lunch . :(

I had wanted to try Tora Fugu, went there during lunch time and realised it's only open for dinner....... My bad on assuming it'll be serving lunch & dinner :(

Nope, Kani Honke doesn't have outlets in Tokyo. Only in Sapporo, Tohoku, Nagoya and Fukuoka.

If I happen to be in Tokyo, I'll just go for Kani Doraku.

zetsueix

Reaction score
Thanks for all the yummy food introductions in this thread! I really wanna try out the crab specialty stores now! Actually I am really not a fan of crab and even when I went Hokkaido and everyone is waxing lyrical bout how the crabs there are really good.

Personally I have a few faves for food in Japan but sadly I really cant recall the exact shops! But it is a must for me to have my fave cheap seafood-don at one of the small stores along Ameyokocho near Ueno Stn. I think my anago and hotate (river eel and scallop) seafood down only cost me 500-600 yen? It is really yummy too. But there I think there are 2 stalls now, and I kinda forgot which one was it already! Anyway, here is a picture!
31550_1409307786638_4787370_n.jpg

Crexzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Personally I have a few faves for food in Japan but sadly I really cant recall the exact shops! But it is a must for me to have my fave cheap seafood-don at one of the small stores along Ameyokocho near Ueno Stn. I think my anago and hotate (river eel and scallop) seafood down only cost me 500-600 yen? It is really yummy too. But there I think there are 2 stalls now, and I kinda forgot which one was it already! Anyway, here is a picture!

Yeah man!

Those at Tsujiki market are kinda over priced. I only saw one at Ameyokocho, it still taste fresh & delicious plus much much cheaper then those 2 stalls at Tsujiki and no need to queue!

Crexzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

xiaojing11

Reaction score
Since there's already tons of threads & posts on various travelling related topics, i thought i'll do up a nom nom thread

From my most recent trip to tokyo, as previous trips are all videos taken hence unable to post it here

3 of my MUST EAT snacks whenever i'm in tokyo -

This fried chicken is kinda special, as i've never had anything like it. It's skinless chicken deep fried without much batter BUT it's still crunchy!! i have no idea how they did it.

I think they have a few stores thru out tokyo, but the one i go to is near the Tokyo skytree along the road going towards the store selling Skytree Don

i2sFVIZl.jpg
Your thread make me drool!
I agree that the fried chicken is yummy! I had it in Kyoto.

xiaojing11

Reaction score
Thanks for all the yummy food introductions in this thread! I really wanna try out the crab specialty stores now! Actually I am really not a fan of crab and even when I went Hokkaido and everyone is waxing lyrical bout how the crabs there are really good.

Yeah man!

Those at Tsujiki market are kinda over priced. I only saw one at Ameyokocho, it still taste fresh & delicious plus much much cheaper then those 2 stalls at Tsujiki and no need to queue!

Wat's the shop name?

Last edited:

Crexzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Wat's the shop name?

Not sure, but walking along ameyokocho you'll not missed it. The shop front is similar to those 2 @ tsujiki - many many pictures of the various bowl they are selling.

Hmm unless zet bro is referring to another stall

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.