Microsoft Surface

fengwei

Reaction score
Just got one from ebay, it's $499 from Microsoft directly. You can see it in daily deals. Hopefully it'd be here in two weeks (one week to vpost, then the other to forward it over).

Was debating if should go for SP2 or the earlier version. But the price drop sealed the deal. I'm using it at home anyway (to replace my 4-year old laptop which I only use for downloading and videos now), battery life isn't a big deal I guess, but I really want the full HD screen. I'd still use iPad Air LTE or iPhone5 when I'm on the go. Probably will let all my andriod pads (Kindle HD 8.9, Nook HD+) go...

Last edited:

jesgirl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the procedure for Surface RMA? Microsoft do not have service center here leh...anyone know?

jtjagan

Reaction score
What is the procedure for Surface RMA? Microsoft do not have service center here leh...anyone know?

Go to surface website and log in using the account you registered the device for warranty. Click on request service agent to call you (assuming your tel number is part of your profile)

I got a call from an agent and she arranged for courier to pick it up and another set delivered within 10 working days

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea where to get it? seems like sg not launching soon, and i cant get from japan too

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is the best price to buy surface RT and surface pro now? Thinking of getting RT with type cover

Windsorus

Reaction score
Able to order from overseas? Do they accept our credit card??

I guessed you can. I just visited to site and it just converted in SGD. I also saw Visa, Mastermard and Paypal logo at the bottom, which should be fine. Unless your card also allows local purchase, if not you can go ahead and try it out?

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
looks good and tempting to get it.
but lol...i still don't have a pro 2 because waiting to buy a local set.

Imperado

Reaction score
Anywhere still got sell type cover? Run to a few challenger shop all sold out liao..Thanks!

Bryson

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm interested in this microsoft surface pro but was wondering if it can be a good replacement for my old laptop? I'm currently using it to download videos, watch movies, YouTube and photoshop use only. Was thinking of hooting one next week at the IT show. Thank you so much! Need advice because I'm new to such stuffs.

XiHamKueyTiao

Reaction score

koikoe

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm interested in this microsoft surface pro but was wondering if it can be a good replacement for my old laptop? I'm currently using it to download videos, watch movies, YouTube and photoshop use only. Was thinking of hooting one next week at the IT show. Thank you so much! Need advice because I'm new to such stuffs.

i am using it as a drawing tablet, play some dota, so far so good. Since you not gaming it should be fine. Its able to watch 1080p videos too. Quite a powerful machine. The main shortfall is the pathetic low battery life of less than 4hrs. :(

Seem like Pro2 is much better as it has longer battery life.

Bryson

Reaction score
i am using it as a drawing tablet, play some dota, so far so good. Since you not gaming it should be fine. Its able to watch 1080p videos too. Quite a powerful machine. The main shortfall is the pathetic low battery life of less than 4hrs. :(

Seem like Pro2 is much better as it has longer battery life.

Wow! Didn't know it could play dota 2 too. Any options on how to get the pro 2 in Singapore?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.