Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
At your present age, probably they do not allow trading of overseas markets. But, from here, from 21 onwards you probably could. More info here on SIPs.

I think there are OCBC staff roaming the pages here. Hopefully they could come out and clarify.

Amendment - you might have to chance to trade overseas, as they are considered EIPs than SIPs.

Ocbc has access for foreign market

Just that because you are between 18 and 21, it just mean you need to have deposit before you can have any sort of buy limit

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If im keen to trade us stock using scb. How do I trade using usd. Bank currency spread no good. So anyone can advice? My acct no have usd securities acct tho.

Spread no good also must accept

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ocbc has access for foreign market

Just that because you are between 18 and 21, it just mean you need to have deposit before you can have any sort of buy limit

i look at the ocbc blue chip investment plan like you can only choose from their 30 component in STI. dont even have access to those smaller caps ipos

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i look at the ocbc blue chip investment plan like you can only choose from their 30 component in STI. dont even have access to those smaller caps ipos

You answered your own question le

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes ok. After I open 1. How then to I transfer usd into the acc w/o using the sgd to usd bank currency spread? Any other ways to deposit usd directly?

if you have USD then go down to the bank and deposit.

actually whats the difference? if you hold USD and assuming your base currency is SGD, you are exposed to the FX risk of holding that USD.

rerear

Reaction score
Somehow I can't access trading page on android phone anymore.... The link is missing.. Already on desktop user agent... Anyone same?

cooltrick

Master Member
Reaction score
I have bought a stock this afternoon but the status still reflects as filed. is this normal?

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i intend to buy from UK or euro markets, do i need to have pounds or euros settle accounts?:s11: Thanks.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sign up on Monday....ok....everything is done....

But still figuring out where to start trading......:s22:

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i signed up for trading account on 21 Jan 2014, until now no reply from them, normally how long it take to approve or not ?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.