Wireless IP Camera thread

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Is there any ip camera where it can record without internet. After that can just take out the sd card to view the recording on PC? Need to place in a place where there is no internet only power supply. Thanks for all advice!

You need recording to SD card, H3 series from EasyN can support.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
No warranty from vstarcam if anything happens from purchases on Qoo10. Just pay addn $30 n u get local vstarcam warranty n PSB power adapter. So, U can decide n see which risk level better for U.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone recommend me a reliable, easy to setup IP Cam for monitoring my dog?

- Needs to monitor day and night (in the dark) if possible

- Have good range of angles for pan/tilt

- Access live feeds on android/iPhone and any PC/Laptop

- Recording both sound and video

- Motion sensor a bonus

- Wireless connection

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
i have used expensive ones like panasonic before... good quality and good images..but no night vision. Then i wanted to buy more cameras for some other areas in the house and it's not cheap, so i gotten a foscam.. cheap and good....
And recently i found a even cheaper china brand call Wanscam.

I have been using this wanscam for about 4 months now.. still going strong...
the price went up a bit.. now abt SGD$67ish. - Free shipping.. takes abt 2-3 weeks.
I will get another one next month...

Worth to take a look...
Built quality like foscam la.. light also....
Warranty is to send back.. (hey it's just 70 bucks!)
Got most of the expensive features.. SD card slot.. good IR for night vision.. audio back... Can Pan:270°, Tilt: 90°, Support 32 G TF Card.

And got this P2P, PNP: Plug & Play, No need to preset camera, Support QR code scanning to view on iPhone and Android mobiles directly.

Interested bros can take a look...
New 32G TF Card Record P2P Pan/Tilt Wireless Indoor Cartoon Robot Free DDNS CCTV Network Home Security Surveillance IP Camera-in CCTV Cameras from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
If cam doesn't spoil at all $67 is good, but once cam spoilt 2-3 times. Cost = 67 + 70 + 70 + N, so whether or not is it really tat cheap. Risk management comes into the picture. Not forgetting power supply. Psb safety mark?

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
If cam doesn't spoil at all $67 is good, but once cam spoilt 2-3 times. Cost = 67 + 70 + 70 + N, so whether or not is it really tat cheap. Risk management comes into the picture. Not forgetting power supply. Psb safety mark?

True la... there's no safety mark... will try to update again in a few month's time on the usage. So far so good... no problem... even the foscam use over 2.5 yrs liao also still ok...

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm not against cheap buys from chinese website. Just tat consumers have to learn about risks management. U pay more in SG to have a peace of mind in support n safety.

Last edited:

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Spare a thought for you neighbour and family members

True la... there's no safety mark... will try to update again in a few month's time on the usage. So far so good... no problem... even the foscam use over 2.5 yrs liao also still ok...

Safety concerns should not be taken so lightly.

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
i have used expensive ones like panasonic before... good quality and good images..but no night vision. Then i wanted to buy more cameras for some other areas in the house and it's not cheap, so i gotten a foscam.. cheap and good....
And recently i found a even cheaper china brand call Wanscam.

I have been using this wanscam for about 4 months now.. still going strong...
the price went up a bit.. now abt SGD$67ish. - Free shipping.. takes abt 2-3 weeks.
I will get another one next month...

Worth to take a look...
Built quality like foscam la.. light also....
Warranty is to send back.. (hey it's just 70 bucks!)
Got most of the expensive features.. SD card slot.. good IR for night vision.. audio back... Can Pan:270°, Tilt: 90°, Support 32 G TF Card.

And got this P2P, PNP: Plug & Play, No need to preset camera, Support QR code scanning to view on iPhone and Android mobiles directly.

Interested bros can take a look...
New 32G TF Card Record P2P Pan/Tilt Wireless Indoor Cartoon Robot Free DDNS CCTV Network Home Security Surveillance IP Camera-in CCTV Cameras from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com

Did you check the cost to send the camera back? What about the cost of downtime? Cost of making the arrangement to send back?

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score

I would like to eat rice from the same rice cooker everyday. But if the IP camera can show me a bit more, I don't mind. But it should be working everyday.

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score

It's like commiting a crime and telling everyone that it's ok LA!!!. Dont care LAW!!!

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fug the safety mark la.

The safety mark is the government's scheme to con more money from businesses and protect the bigger players.
It costs few k just to register one model.

There are still cases of accidents from safety marks approved products made today.

The examples Spring SG quoted of high failures are from 1993, 20 years ago when China was still a rotten nation.

Now China products are no longer that lousy since they start QC campaigns.

Fuzzywuz

Reaction score
Fug the safety mark la.

The safety mark is the government's scheme to con more money from businesses and protect the bigger players.
It costs few k just to register one model.

There are still cases of accidents from safety marks approved products made today.

The examples Spring SG quoted of high failures are from 1993, 20 years ago when China was still a rotten nation.

Now China products are no longer that lousy since they start QC campaigns.

Don't say China very good. Still many company there trying to CON innocent buyers. Do not even be sure the markings such as UL and CE are genuine until you double and tripple confirm with the regulatory body. That's my advise to you. China products still as rotten as before. But there are some good ones which are supported by our local vendors.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.