AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey folks. Just wondering for those of you guys with the XG13,

What is the fastest internet speed you are getting while on LAN network? or WIFI?

It seems that my XG13 can't get pass 100MB per sec. even though when i try may wife's laptop, she can hit 250MB per sec. (she is using the new Macbook Air).

(Tested on Singapore-SGIX Server. Currently on Viewqwest)

Or perhaps Aftershock guys can comment on this?

Thanks.

100Mbps is already very good if u have the wireless N card. You need the AC card if you want speeds over that.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
We are no longer in the 90s and early 2000s where new graphic cards made a huge huge difference in improving games playability. Your 675m probably can still decently play most if not all games with acceptable FPS rates.

Game developers have not needed the same kind of increase in graphics processing power today unlike a decade or more ago. Their demands are plateauing so you probably shouldn't upgrade anything now if you can and just wait and see how.

I'm pretty sure it would not be like last time where moving a mouse can cause the game to take literally few secs to load each different viewing angle.

there are many hardcore guys who want to push the system to the max..

skate87

Reaction score
just placed my order ystd and they are indeed great in servicing and responding to customers!

Anyone knows what is the estimated delivery time for Aftershock?

I placed my order on Jan 30. Sent an email 5 days ago to ask on the status of my order but was not answered - understand that they might have alot of orders but dont understand why mails are not being responded to for 5 days - very much in contrast to taking my order where I got emails almost instantly. Am ok with waiting for a great product so they can just let me know.

Hope i dont have to eat my words for commending the service earlier - they were great but am disappointed now.

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi skate87,

Do note that as of your order date the eta was around 2 weeks (10 business days) due to the sheer response for the CNY deals. 3 more days for paint.

May i ask if your email was sent to the inbox of the auto generated email when the order was made? As we had this same misunderstanding in the past when customers emails and replies to the automated inbox that sends the origina order forms to them which is a no-reply inbox (Its an auto mail inbox and we do NOT receive emails sent in response to that inbox).

Our staff will also always call all users also if the date is slightly shifted, though we've had one or two occurrences in the past where we couldn't reach users via the contact number provided, in which case we'll usually call again the week after.

Could you please PM me your name so i can follow up to assist? Will get our team to update you tomorrow. You can also talk to us via our chat system if you need assistance.

Apologies if we have inconvenienced you.

Last edited:

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
hello aftershock, i just gotten the titanfall beta, installed onto my xg13....

the graphics has its problem...textures missing on the gun, enemy, titans and stuff...know of a fix ?

Hi Dexterlow,

You'll need to update to the latest drivers for the titanfall beta. We've been testing the game in the office with the latest drivers and so far so good. Do drop us a message on our web chat system or pm me for the link.

Last edited:

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey folks. Just wondering for those of you guys with the XG13,

What is the fastest internet speed you are getting while on LAN network? or WIFI?

It seems that my XG13 can't get pass 100MB per sec. even though when i try may wife's laptop, she can hit 250MB per sec. (she is using the new Macbook Air).

(Tested on Singapore-SGIX Server. Currently on Viewqwest)

Or perhaps Aftershock guys can comment on this?

Thanks.

Hey tinman,

Could you please share which wifi card your using so we can assist/comment?

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Just to give a friendly thank you to Aftershock for their impeccable service.

I left my X15 with them on the 10th Feb for routine maintenance/diagnostic check and was pleasantly surprised that the check was completed by the 12th. They even re-applied the thermal paste in my machine which I had not expected. Appreciate their fast and responsive service

Definitely going to stick with them when it's time to upgrade my laptop

Thank you - We put servicing speed and efficiency as our top priority :) Do drop by again for a system cleanup in future.

skate87

Reaction score
Hi skate87,

Do note that as of your order date the eta was around 2 weeks (10 business days) due to the sheer response for the CNY deals. 3 more days for paint.

May i ask if your email was sent to the inbox of the auto generated email when the order was made? As we had this same misunderstanding in the past when customers emails and replies to the automated inbox that sends the origina order forms to them which is a no-reply inbox (Its an auto mail inbox and we do NOT receive emails sent in response to that inbox).

Our staff will also always call all users also if the date is slightly shifted, though we've had one or two occurrences in the past where we couldn't reach users via the contact number provided, in which case we'll usually call again the week after.

Could you please PM me your name so i can follow up to assist? Will get our team to update you tomorrow. You can also talk to us via our chat system if you need assistance.

Apologies if we have inconvenienced you.

Thank you. I was called by a staff this morning to explain. I guess i was not communicated about the days despite asking for it in emails. Might want to include a standard response on biz days for orders or set out of office status for emails. Was happy to wait - just found the lack of reply/information to be worrying.

Appreciate the trouble to respond (at this late a timing too) Thank you.

To all others: They do take their QC seriously - I was told this batch of laptops were taking longer than their standard production times as the paint was not considered up to spec (had some dust on them) and they sent them for re-painting.

Last edited:

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
No worries :) We checked our email logs and just so happened that the staff you dropped an email to was overseas last week. (Do drop future emails to the general inbox as we do have multiple people manning that inbox at all times. We'll definitely have our guys set an out of office auto reply in future though for their personal inboxes.)

Look forward to getting you an awesome system. Feel free to collect it any-time later today or during the week ahead.

UltraSonicEX

Reaction score
I been checking the prices across and Internationally. I got to say this is the cheapest. All those crap DIY out there in slim/funan can cheat you and rip you. But hell this guy here.. kick ass in price. They are the cheap and good deliver in performance so far.

A few thing to comment if may:
- Really nice staffs you got
- Should be more flexible in payment methods
- Fast delivery service
- your shop need to be alittle more tidy, I can in and couldn't find where to go too.. there was like 2 counter and a whole lots of junk like everywhere.

- Provide a custom overclocking service
- OS startup should be editted to after instead of some other.
- Nice paint work for laptops, should add for colours
- Rate overall: 9/10

Recommended by all gamers. It took singapore to a whole new level.

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Thank you :) Do note that we're in the midst of moving to a larger office soon, thus the boxes at the workshop. - We're super excited about that.

Glad you enjoyed talking to our staff. Our staff genuinely love what we do, and that is what makes them great.

chiaRH

Reaction score
Are there plans for Aftershock to manufacture ultrabooks? Preferably those below 1.5 kg :D

The XG13 and Halo are probably the closest you can get to ultrabook. I don't know if Clevo has any SKUs that fit the proper ultrabook specs definition

UltraSonicEX

Reaction score
Thank you :) Do note that we're in the midst of moving to a larger office soon, thus the boxes at the workshop. - We're super excited about that.

Glad you enjoyed talking to our staff. Our staff genuinely love what we do, and that is what makes them great.

Your location is just weird. I saw Marcus that day. So different than on youtube.
Hooe you chanhe maybe near red line?

skate87

Reaction score
I been checking the prices across and Internationally. I got to say this is the cheapest. All those crap DIY out there in slim/funan can cheat you and rip you. But hell this guy here.. kick ass in price. They are the cheap and good deliver in performance so far.

A few thing to comment if may:
- Really nice staffs you got
- Should be more flexible in payment methods
- Fast delivery service
- your shop need to be alittle more tidy, I can in and couldn't find where to go too.. there was like 2 counter and a whole lots of junk like everywhere.

- Provide a custom overclocking service
- OS startup should be editted to after instead of some other.
- Nice paint work for laptops, should add for colours
- Rate overall: 9/10

Recommended by all gamers. It took singapore to a whole new level.

Good service and walk through on the com setup.

They got an update and flashed my BIOS for me. So now mine has a nice Aftershock start up logo =DD

chiaRH

Reaction score

They got an update and flashed my BIOS for me. So now mine has a nice Aftershock start up logo =DD

does the bios update improve the fan performance? since im pretty sure im still on an older bios and I have an underperforming CPU fan (too slow) and overperforming GPU fan (noisily revs up even when i run photoshop which only imposes minor GPU load, etc).

if there is a fan improvement i'd be up for a bios update too

EDIT: looks like aftershock managed to score best gaming notebook and best portable gaming notebook awards from hardwarezone. congrats guys!

Last edited:

Vamp1r3

Reaction score

Yup. I got my X15S last evening and I was taught on the various shortcut keys and functions. Great service ! A few of my frens are also planning to get their laptops from them soon. :)

alifffresto

Reaction score
Three cheers for aftershock for winning the best gaming notebook and best portable gaming notebook:D:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.